1116 SEN 2024 line up

Remove this Banner Ad

Precisely.

I also enjoyed the dulcet tones of whispering Ted in snooker.

Does everyone agree that commentators in AFL (as a generalisation) want to be the story?
And
Or
Is it true when networks say they act that way because its what "the people want"
Mark Howard seems to be an exemption , just calls the game as it should . Seems to work well with anyone .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Precisely.

I also enjoyed the dulcet tones of whispering Ted in snooker.

Does everyone agree that commentators in AFL (as a generalisation) want to be the story?
And
Or
Is it true when networks say they act that way because its what "the people want"
People want to be entertained. Channel 7 are trying to get the casual viewers. Same with their horrific spring carnival coverage.

I tune in to WATCH the game, not to listen to it. Admittedly, I can't see further up the ground if I'm not at the game. But earlier this year the callers weren't there either. There's nothing a caller/special comments has mentioned most of us don't already know. Referring to a comment from an anonymous coach during the week, no clubs would pay attention to any special comment for tactical info and the like.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

People want to be entertained. Channel 7 are trying to get the casual viewers. Same with their horrific spring carnival coverage.

I tune in to WATCH the game, not to listen to it. Admittedly, I can't see further up the ground if I'm not at the game. But earlier this year the callers weren't there either. There's nothing a caller/special comments has mentioned most of us don't already know. Referring to a comment from an anonymous coach during the week, no clubs would pay attention to any special comment for tactical info and the like.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Have heard that theory. But isnt the game entertaining enough (that's what we tell people from across the border)? Sounds like they (afl etc) dont trust what they preach

Love the bit in light red!

Is it in Gary's contract that even now and then his arse has to be kissed by the lesser lights in the station?

No one gives a sh*t whether he should or wants to coach.

I think it is.

If you don't enjoy Howie there must be something wrong.

I think its the sucking up to people like dermie and ricky ponting. Fair enough, they are legends of their sports, but to actively tell the audience, while the sucked up is sitting next to him. It is worse than calling players one of the greats

I think it is.

I think its the sucking up to people like dermie and ricky ponting. Fair enough, they are legends of their sports, but to actively tell the audience, while the sucked up is sitting next to him. It is worse than calling players one of the greats
Just my opinion , but he's a big improvement on what there has been. I'm talking about the actual call of the game , that's all. Surely his better than Darcy, Bruce, JB etc oops forgot Deewayne.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back