Autopsy AFL 2020 Round 12 - Demons v Pies Sat August 15th 5:10pm AEST (Gabba) Match Highlights in OP

Who will win and by how much

• Demons by a goal or less

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Demons by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • Demons by a lot

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 3 14.3%
  • Draw

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Our mids don't look better without Max, that's ridiculous. They're being more aggressive by going forward rather than sideways.

They played Adelaide and North, that's why they were able to pile on goals.

I'm confident we can win but to think that we're "starting to flex" based on beating up two poor teams is ridiculous, we look better but it can't be told if that's just because we've played poor teams or we've turned a corner.

Stephenson being out being a good thing for us is the only part of that post that is true.
Agree to disagree - they’re taking more responsibility to win the ball and get out because they don’t to need to worry about getting to a specific choreographed spot at stoppages. Playing each contest on its merits and playing on instinct.
In short, it works better for us, and they look better.

Interesting I wasn't aware that Collingwood were the only team travelling.
Don’t recall saying that and didn’t say that. Was simply responding to a supporter who said easy win. Which it’s not as melb are playing good football and we def arent, this week 6 v 4 day break which is just a joke of a fixture, you can’t argue that. No excuse we have been playing poorly, a putrid slow style, , and making finals is no guarantee. Hopefully staying out in one place for the last few weeks helps us find some form, def helped Geel hit their straps they are playing amazing footy, great to watch

Last edited:
Don’t recall saying that and didn’t say that. Was simply responding to a supporter who said easy win. Which it’s not as melb are playing good football and we def arent, this week 6 v 4 day break which is just a joke of a fixture, you can’t argue that. No excuse we have been playing poorly, a putrid slow style, , and making finals is no guarantee. Hopefully staying out in one place for the last few weeks helps us find some form, def helped Geel hit their straps they are playing amazing footy, great to watch

Cats 4 day break vs Port 6 day break look what happened there

Not confident at all about this one, Pies generally have a way of making us look second rate even when they have players out. I hope we can compete well and run over them but I'm thinking the Pies will find a way to win.

This thread is in desperate need of some posters on either side to show a bit of confidence or arrogance.

Pies fans worried about their form and fitness.

Us Dees fans know the side is looking fit and running out games, but most still don’t trust them.

This thread is in desperate need of some posters on either side to show a bit of confidence or arrogance.

Us Dees fans know the side is looking fit and running out games, but most still don’t trust them.
I just don’t think we are going to step up. I don’t rate our changes and Collingwood is a far cry from the last two weeks.

Brayshaw
Oliver
Viney
Sparrow
Harmes

All inside midfielders. McDonald gets brought back into the ruck last week, now he is at CHF. Weidemann plays a lot better without him in the way. Rivers was dropped leaving only two KPD to take on Mihocek, Cameron and Reid.

It’s just an unbalanced and poorly selected side. Lever can not play one on one yet Goodwin won’t put TMac back? Sorry, but it’s hard to be confident or arrogant about the win when this team gets fielded.

Last edited:
Don’t think we have anyone that can go with Petracca, and given how poor a tap ruckman Grundy is despite usually dominating hit out numbers I can the Dees mids having a field day.
Sidebottom will absolutely kill us. He will go forward and kick goals. You’ll be looking to exploit our backline. You’ll be trying to get Lever isolated one on one. Grundy will just look to tap wide with Adams, Sidebottom and Pendlebury more than good enough to take on our midfield.

McDonald will get in the way of Weidemann. He needs to play at CHB with your talls. Pies are desperate for the win and they’ll get it.

I just don’t think we are going to step up. I don’t rate our changes and Collingwood is a far cry from the last two weeks.

Brayshaw
Oliver
Viney
Sparrow
Harmes

All inside midfielders. McDonald gets brought back into the ruck last week, now he is at CHF. Weidemann plays a lot better without him in the way. Rivers was dropped leaving only two KPD to take on Mihocek, Cameron and Reid.

It’s just an unbalanced and poorly selected side. Lever can not play one on one yet Goodwin won’t put TMac back? Sorry, but it’s hard to be confident or arrogant about the win when this team gets fielded.

Weideman plays fine with McDonald, T-Mac playing up the ground has no impact on Weideman.

Lever can play one on one, it's not his strength but he's far better at it than given credit for.

Sparrow is contributing well without spending time in the middle, Harmes shouldn't be playing and he'll probably do a run with role if he actually contributes for once.

There's enough time for Viney, Oliver, Brayshaw and Petracca to play in the middle they just need to be rotated better given. Oliver should be given stints up forward much like Petracca does, creates more time for Brayshaw and Oliver adds another string to his bow.

It's like a competition to see who can talk down their chances the most!

I'll every so often post on Facebook about how frustrating it is being a Collingwood supporter, which is usually commented on by a bunch of Melbourne supporting friends telling me to hold their beer.

It's like a competition to see who can talk down their chances the most!

I'll every so often post on Facebook about how frustrating it is being a Collingwood supporter, which is usually commented on by a bunch of Melbourne supporting friends telling me to hold their beer.
Fair call that one. At least your blokes play in September every year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tipped Pies by 6 goals which usually means they will lose by 2....

Back