Autopsy Bulldogs win a heart stopper vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I don’t know what make of that. With the players they had out, the rest difference, losing a player early and the domination of general play, how that was so close is staggering.

The players need to have a look what Ryan did forward tonight, when you have space instead of a chain of five handballs,kick it and when you do kick it put it out in front of the forward.

Hayes, Richards and R Smith ran through the wing tonight and they combined for 23 possessions. That coupled with multiple forwards not contributing every week, leaves way too much work for the same group of players every week.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Bruce looked better getting a run up the ground. Can’t really kick or handball but the effort is there.

Hayes and Roarke did their best but I think in the long run Lapinski needs to come back once he’s had his kick up the backside.

Good to see English get a few taps and take some solid contested marks.

Daniel, Bont, Macrae and Smith were all terrific and like McLean. Glad he’s turned his year around.

I’m worried that Dahl gets in Libba’s ear and tells him how awesome it is to play for a coach who picks his best 22 every week and the 22 that will give his team the best chance to win each week. Libba is out of contract this year. Give him 3 years.

Bruce did ok, just horribly short of confidence. Set up a couple of goals.

Hopefully we can get some players in form against Freo and Hawks, who will be harder to beat than you may think.
Yeah probably harsh on Bruce. Overall wasn't so bad just made 3 or 4 absolutely crucial mistakes that really stood out

Bruce looked better getting a run up the ground. Can’t really kick or handball but the effort is there.

Sorry i have a problem with this. Bruce can handball* He stuffs up but when he gets it right, he gets it right. His 180 degree handballs to a chest while tackled set up a crucial goal and keep us going. The media don't highlight it. He's got something there and keeps his head up in the tough times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dunkley and Mclean switching changed the game. Epic from Bev. Dunks made our forward 50 ground balls a way of finding the goals. McLean’s tackling and clean set of heals/hands steadied us.

Libba is a beast. Epic hands and tackling

Bont is so clutch. He rises when we need it and has for a long time

Bruce is a st Kilda double agent. But At least he is agro on ground level. Still... St Kilda double agent.

Naughton pick a better time to laugh at your opponent mate.

English saved us with his marking.

Gardner played well overall. Wow!

Macrae typically awesome

Cordy saw our season ending and he stopped it with a tackle. You shall not pass!! Big moment.

Croz is a jet!

the umpires were a disgrace. Countless frees awarded to WCE that weren’t awarded to us. We got lucky with the big one at the end but insufficient evidence to overturn. They tried to make up for it with the Darling free which leads me to...

Darling is a disgraceful excuse for a footballer. Played for frees all night. Thankfully his squibbery and overall lack of gonads is why we won. Better than any of our blokes performances is the fact this ballerina let us off 3 times so we could win!!!

Geez the maggots tried to screw you!!! That ruck infringement to Darling with a minute to go was the biggest howler of the year
The umpire even looked sheepish after he blew his whistle for that one. He knew it was a blunder.

Big fan of the controversy of Bont's goal being touched on the line that people will forget the 11 metre pass to him that was paid the mark in the first place (and our 17 backwards handballs before that pass)

I’m worried that Dahl gets in Libba’s ear and tells him how awesome it is to play for a coach who picks his best 22 every week and the 22 that will give his team the best chance to win each week. Libba is out of contract this year. Give him 3 years.

Geelong don't need Libba in all honesty.

But wouldn't be surprised if he went to a Gold Coast or Fremantle on good dollars.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back