Autopsy Bulldogs win a heart stopper vs Eagles

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m worried that Dahl gets in Libba’s ear and tells him how awesome it is to play for a coach who picks his best 22 every week and the 22 that will give his team the best chance to win each week. Libba is out of contract this year. Give him 3 years.
Not sure if Cadillac or ScragCity

A game we should've put to bed at 3qtr time did well to grind out the win despite the goal kicking.
McLean played the best he has in years, playing on gaff kept him quiet whilst doing damage himself.
Daniel very influential with his neat kicking espescially early when others were missing easy targets.
Dunkley added a different dimension up forward brang the defencive pressure our forward line has lacked whilst contributing offensively.
English and bont huge in the last quarter
Gardner did very well especially with ball in hand although he still got caught out of position on occasion.
Bruce and richards both played their worst games for the club.
Don't know why we are wasting games on Hayes roarke and Lloyd when we could be getting experience into butler Greene and cavarra.

More handballs than kicks, some solid negating tactics keeping West Coast below 4000 metres gained, but that should have been
around the 45 point win that i predicted. What is a forward line that functions well because as a Bulldog fan i am getting too use
to seeing it every single game, not. Look forward to Luke and his presser this week maybe a journo will pose the question how
can you dominate a game so much and yet only creep to a sub 50 point score.

I love nothing more than seeing our captain step up to get us home. Tim English taking clutch marks also fills me with joy.

Also, i'll say it again, Libba and his ability to cleanly distribute the ball from contested situations is unreal, he is the heart and soul of our club.

Dunkley and Mclean switching changed the game. Epic from Bev. Dunks made our forward 50 ground balls a way of finding the goals. McLean’s tackling and clean set of heals/hands steadied us.

Libba is a beast. Epic hands and tackling

Bont is so clutch. He rises when we need it and has for a long time

Bruce is a st Kilda double agent. But At least he is agro on ground level. Still... St Kilda double agent.

Naughton pick a better time to laugh at your opponent mate.

English saved us with his marking.

Gardner played well overall. Wow!

Macrae typically awesome

Cordy saw our season ending and he stopped it with a tackle. You shall not pass!! Big moment.

Croz is a jet!

the umpires were a disgrace. Countless frees awarded to WCE that weren’t awarded to us. We got lucky with the big one at the end but insufficient evidence to overturn. They tried to make up for it with the Darling free which leads me to...

Darling is a disgraceful excuse for a footballer. Played for frees all night. Thankfully his squibbery and overall lack of gonads is why we won. Better than any of our blokes performances is the fact this ballerina let us off 3 times so we could win!!!

Bruce is doing my head in. He is f**king up so often but equally is trying his arse off

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Really happy. Should have won by more but stoked with the game plan change and adapting. Bevo has copped it galore in here but did make some really crucial changes tonight.
- Sending McLean to Gaff
- Bruce some ruck
- Naughton behind the footy with 2 mins left.
- Clear change of game plan to try and get a target 40m out from goal and away from McGovern.
That was a coaching win imo. Just wish we were more productive up front. Well done boys!

Dunkley and Mclean switching changed the game. Epic from Bev. Dunks made our forward 50 ground balls a way of finding the goals. McLean’s tackling and clean set of heals/hands steadied us.

Libba is a beast. Epic hands and tackling

Bont is so clutch. He rises when we need it and has for a long time

Bruce is a st Kilda double agent. But At least he is agro on ground level. Still... St Kilda double agent.

Naughton pick a better time to laugh at your opponent mate.

English saved us with his marking.

Gardner played well overall. Wow!

Macrae typically awesome

Cordy saw our season ending and he stopped it with a tackle. You shall not pass!! Big moment.

Croz is a jet!

the umpires were a disgrace. Countless frees awarded to WCE that weren’t awarded to us. We got lucky with the big one at the end but insufficient evidence to overturn. They tried to make up for it with the Darling free which leads me to...

Darling is a disgraceful excuse for a footballer. Played for frees all night. Thankfully his squibbery and overall lack of gonads is why we won. Better than any of our blokes performances is the fact this ballerina let us off 3 times so we could win!!!

Bruce is doing my head in. He is f**king up so often but equally is trying his arse off

Frustrating in a game where we were the better side that we had to rely on individual brilliance from a few players to get across the line.

Bonti kicking that goal, and English in the last 5 minutes - brilliant. Take a bow, guys. Absolutely stood up and got us the win.

Toby McLean was sensational, our best by a mile. Dunkley was very important too.

Josh Bruce, whilst I like that he never stops trying, has a huge heart and took two splendid contested marks in the last quarter, just has to be dropped. He’s simply no where near it at the moment.

Jack Darling from the Eagles - whilst I rate him and like him a lot and would have him in our side in a heartbeat, he is prone to moments of madness - we can thank him for his efforts getting is across the line tonight as well.

Given we play Fremantle and Hawthorn in the last two, we’re probably likely to make the finals, but with our kicking for goal, entries inside 50 and ruck tactics, I’m not exactly expecting another 2016.

Still, well done lads, you did it the hard way when you didn’t need to!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still think Bruce provides the aggression we need. Despite some dumb things his final qtr actually showed some good marking ability.

But **** I never ever want to watch that again. We have a positive win ratio and if we win both our last 2 games but somehow miss finals so be it.

Massive English marks. Extra days break helped him out hugely.

I don’t usually blame umpires, but gee they were 10 year low awful tonight, what do we have to do to get a HTB decision this year? Seriously? Positives:
Gardner and Hayes, super all night, Macrae, Caleb, Smith, Libba, Hunter, McLean, Wallis great all night, Bont has actually worked on his goal kicking, a real credit to him.
Bruce and English did some great things at crucial moments last half. Naughton needs to kick those set shots from 30 on straight angles. Lloyd can’t kick a snap to save his life, I’d prefer West or Cavarra. Schache or Greene have to come in for Bruce. Great win

Ok ok
Bruce looked better getting a run up the ground. Can’t really kick or handball but the effort is there.

Hayes and Roarke did their best but I think in the long run Lapinski needs to come back once he’s had his kick up the backside.

Good to see English get a few taps and take some solid contested marks.

Daniel, Bont, Macrae and Smith were all terrific and like McLean. Glad he’s turned his year around.

You can't fault him for effort, which is why I have a real soft spot for him. He's not Jade Rawlings. Even if he stuffs it up he's OK to go hard at it next time. It's not that he isn't trying. There is a good player trying to get out. It's got to the point where he adds a little light relief, a pinch of piquant pepper to the mutton stew of 2020.

For the whole game I thought the Eagles would kick a goal in the last 30 seconds to win the game.
It nearly came true.

We should have been goals in front. Just glad we hung on. Basically shattered.

We now move on to next game.

KM

Remove this Banner Ad

Back