Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Got what he deserved the diving cheat
Yep, but umpire should also bow his head in shame. What a disgraceful decision. So sick of their sub-par performances this year. Another very poor decision that could have changed a game.

I mentioned this in Walsh’s recruitment thread, but it’s worth telling again.
I was talking to a young fella just after we picked up Walsh in the draft. This young fella had played footy against Walsh. He said they tagged him to the extent that, and I quote “he would’ve been hating his life”. He said if he had been tagged like that, he would’ve given footy away.
So...In torrential rain, on a heavy ground, tagged to within an inch of his life...

Young Sam got 40 and kicked 4.

The boy was Judd like tonight. Absolutely enormous!

Plenty others went well. Plowman had a massive night. But Weitering is just a magnificent footballer. Pound for pound, the best player in the league right now.

I can’t get excited about that win though. Sure, a win is a win, and you take it. Nice come back from seven goals down. But...

Seven goals down.
I was almost going to praise your contribution then you had to totally, **** it up. Enjoy your evening Coach, that somber one after losing to the clearly bottom side. See yourself out!

Outside that run of goals, we did a lot right. All season we have asked the coaches and players to arrest momentum swings. They did it tonight and launched a nice comeback. Nice to have some learning and growth, and a win. Tip my hat, Blues. All of them.
cannot disagree with you, hope they learned a lot from tonight 7-0 goal starts rarely result in a win. Happy with the win but we still have a lot to learn

As for posters going early, keep coming at me

Nothing will erase that first quarter and a half. It was truly awful. Lucky it's not the talking point post match.

Fantastic win. It’s nice to be on the other side of crazy once in a while.

Walsh another BOG and just keeps on keeping on. Set and forget.

Pleased with the way SPS bounced back. Plowman also awesome. TDK will be a monster and every week I’m more in awe at his skills below the knees. Newnes another great game and is proving his doubters (including myself) wrong. Weiters solid as always and ofcourse clutch Cottrell.

A little shoutout to Owies who may get lost in the celebrations. Put on a lot of unrewarded pressure. A few of those in the backs can be easily fixed. Not sure if he gets a go next year but did himself no harm.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

cannot disagree with you, hope they learned a lot from tonight 7-0 goal starts rarely result in a win. Happy with the win but we still have a lot to learn
They kicked straight and good kicking is good football. Tip my hat. We absorbed the pressure and rallied. Take a lot from a win like that.

I’m happily eating humble pie (and a big slice) after my earlier game comments...that said we certainly have a long way to go.

But gee Cottrell, what a moment that was!
Same. I was venting my anger in my posts early on. I don't retract any of them though. It was putrid and going at 50% by foot was terrible. We are all different beasts, and many of us (me included) get angry and need to vent.
That said, they have stuck it right up me by showing heart and having a crack for the rest of the game, and reaping the rewards of that. I look like a clown now and that's what I reap.
Well done (in the end 😅) Blues.

TDK is going to be a very special player. Needs to be played every game. Rising star nomination this week surely. (I think he is eligible?)

SPS fantastic in the middle. Plowman and Weitering were immense. Our defence was great overall.

Walsh is an absolute star.

Serious question - was anyone able to determine what changed structurally to allow SPS more midfield time???

I'm amazed people actually take on anything these so called experts say... There was a pleb not too long ago saying that Blakey will be/is better than Walsh, let that sink in.

Sure he is a developing youngster, but there no way Gex Gecko will even be enough to carry Walsh's bag into the stadium let alone better, Walsh then daylight.

Stoked with the call we made, we have a true star on our hands... Now let's tell Paddy that his pre-season is going to be spent beside Sam at every opportunity... every session, this is the standard of elite AFL players, learn, take it on and come out firing.
anyone not acknowledging Walsh as one of the best if not the best first pick for quite a while and the best if not close to the best in his super draft year are CFC bashing pure and simple. Guy took it on the chin early in 2020, absorbed it and then said up yours!

Back