Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

SPS played the same role tonight he’s been playing all year off a back flank. He’s had some obvious mares but also played a bunch of solid games where he’s beaten his opponent without really adding much offensively. Tonight he did both and was superb. Reckon he’ll be a better and more complete player if he’s pushed back into the middle a la Gibbs in his later Carlton years.

I think Samo should play the role that I always thought Gibbs should have played, that is the guy kicking inside 50.
Part mid, part forward.

He got 12 though.
Had 3 to halftime and came home like a steam train, 10 contested, 4 clearances, 3 tackles and 12 touches at 75% he was mighty, got Sinclair dragged and they had to play ALLIR in the ruck which freed up our tall forwards, what a weapon this kid will be he is a beauty well worth the pick 30 and the wait, he will be one of the best ruckman in the game in 3-4 years, his contribution to that win can not be under estimated.

Really disappointed with the the McGovern hate. Sure, he hasn’t been good at all in the last two games, but it’s edging toward McKernan territory when he was booed by our own fans back in 2002. McKernan won the B&F that year.

I’m as scathing toward the team as anyone, but when mob mentality goes after an individual it’s pretty distasteful.

Last edited:
Feels strange to say this, but...

Not enough love for Crippa. That second quarter was ridiculously good and pulled the rest of the team into the contest, including Walsh. No Crippa monstering the inside, no comeback.
His best game for the year he was back to his inspiring best, that run down tackle in the last wowee Brian.

thought I was going to have to syringe out the vein on my frontal lobe to stop it bursting but nah, Cottrell, channelled my bursting vein and seized it upon his almighty forehead, to take it upon himself to rise this almighty club from the depths of despair. and kick the goal of his life. Rise to the occasion, bring this club out of the abyss, and now all you can see is my pulsating vein on his forehead. true

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I just spent half the game furious about McGov so had to let my thoughts known haha
he needs to spend the summer working out what he wants to do with his sporting life - he can follow his brother..........or he can stay a mobile toilet person....

SPS got himself involved today. Doubt it was a role change of any significance, he just imposed himself.

SPS is always immense in the rain.

Like watching Ayrton Senna drive around a wet racetrack.

His grandfather Les would be proud.
His grandfather Len, (No.32), would be proud.
Exactly. Why in the post game interview is Teague not talking about this? None of the commentators were aware. Teagues interviews are bland, I’m sick of Carlton being bland both on and off the pitch.

We can be exciting and interesting without building a bad culture.

I still find that one of the most meaningless stats associated with Aussie Rules.Should have left it for Gridiron where it belongs. Even more meaningless than inside 50s.
Absolutely
It's like measuring a game by disposals. Dusty Martin used to get 25 touches kicking it sideways and backwards playing on a hbf, achieving nothing. Do you not think 15 disposals from Dusty as a mid/forward are more valuable? Especially with his sublime vision and kicking skills?

Meters gained ...pffft

Absolutely
It's like measuring a game by disposals. Dusty Martin used to get 25 touches kicking it sideways and backwards playing on a hbf, achieving nothing. Do you not think 15 disposals from Dusty as a mid/forward are more valuable? Especially with his sublime vision and kicking skills?

Meters gained ...pffft
Metres gained...definitely not a stat you can use in isolation. But definitely not a useless stat.

Back