Autopsy Rd 16 Blues pull off comeback victory from 7 goals down

Who played well in Round 16 vs the Swans?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win guys, really happy for you. I was glued to Fox Footy until the end, such a good contest and what a comeback, your poor scoring efficiency almost cost you but with that many inside 50’s and midfield dominance you were the deserved winner.
Thanks Fugitive! Much appreciated. Geez you lot are looking good.

Last edited:
Well what pleasure this job turned out to be.

The Plowman Files, as ordered by: The Old Dark Navy's

Q1

Papley loses Plowman in traffic and gets a handball
Teammate fails to hit Plowman on the switch, Plowman soccers twice to get the ball to Samo who clears
Big contested grab in d50
Intercepts on wing and hits a target just outside f50
Lays a shepherd for Simpson, Blues go inside f50
Spills a contested mark at d50, Papley stays down and crumbs and clears for Swans
Contested mark attempt at d50, follows up with tackle
Winner: Plow

Q2

Leads Papley to contest at d50, forces throw in
Papley gets lead up mark on Swans HBF
Plowman tackles Reid at d50, forces throw in
Plowman tackles Papley in Swans forward pocket, Papley gets a handball away.
Plow handball receive, kick partially smothered, clears d50. Blues lose contest, Swans rebound and goal.
Unclear period with about 10 mins to go in second Q. Papley moved higher up and being manned by SPS, gets a few inconsequential touches, and produces one unstoppable rove off a contest and kicks a point. Not SPS' fault - great play from Papley. Papley starts in middle at next centre bounce. Couldn't see who Plowman was manning, ball mainly in Blues attack.
Plowman with a 'professional' holding free on Papley at Swans HF after Papley got out the back on a fast break from Swans.
Winner: Papley.

Q3

Missed the first 2 mins as I was getting a beer and complaining about our goalkicking on the gameday thread.
Plow runs hard to provide switch option on wing, marks, hits Levi lace out 20m from goals with a long kick, Levi drops it.
Plow trails Papley who takes a mark on Swans def 50
Papley with one of the best hand-trips of all times, completely stops a Carlton surge forward.
Plow provides switch option, marks and kicks long safely.

Q4

Intercepts, shrugs Papley 1v1, kicks inside 50
Wins 1v1 vs Papley, hits a short kick
Cleans up a horrible shank from a teammate and clears
Big tackle against the flow, causes spillage in corridor
Mops up a missed backward kick
Spoils the ball over the boundary
Big spoil over Papley over the boundary
Outmarked by Reid
Marks at HB and lands a 50m pass
Sneaks the ball OOB by hand at the bottom of the contest

Wash up:
10 disposals each, Papley with one point (kicked when not on Plowman). Blues win. However Plowman still arguably responsible for climate change, COVID-19, The Masked Singer, and Barista Bros iced coffee.
POTY

Thanks Fugitive! Much appreciated. Geez you lot are looking good. Could you not have stayed lousy until after we played you? What's turned it around do you think?

Mate, I think both our teams have followed a similar trajectory over the last 10-15 years so good to see long suffering supporters finally being rewarded with success. I’m actually a bit nervous playing you lot in the final round after what happened last year but I think we are defensively a lot better this year so should be a good battle in the midfield that may be decisive.

I just watched the replay. In the excitement of the win and jumping around after the Hulks goal, I forgot about the stupid free kick awarded by the ump in that last min. What on earth was the ump thinking? If the teary Swan had kicked that goal I would have wrecked a TV set last night. Who pays a stupid free like that at such a critical stage in a game? AFL umpiring needs to get its s**t together.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Again Sam Walsh. Enough has been said but seriously this guy is next level. 20 years old and he’s consistently running further than everyone on the ground....every game... not just running this bloke just hammers! Contest to contest,
back fifty to front fifty, linking up, getting his own footy, breaks tackles, makes good decisions, kicks goals. Wants the ball, wants the contact when it’s there. Is this bloke serious or what? I absolutely love this bloke, he is a jet!!

what a comeback. I thought we rocked up half a sleep and it was going to be a long night but we smashed em from the second onwards. God help everyone else when we work out the mid forward connection.

Walsh, Weiters, TDK, Charlie and Harry are generational players. Add in Cripps and we can build a dynasty around these guys. Walsh and Weiters especially are cut from a very special cloth. Lots to be excited about.
Lyon this morning on SEN still only has him 4th in his draft year .... who did melbourne pick that year? Oh yeah they traded their pick 5 for a spud 🤣

oh dear, what a relief, everyone was so worried about what you might say...............your in depth analysis is just so integral to the football landscape......

This is the sort of post that you’d report if it was directed at you. You can give it but you can’t take it.

Poor.

About last night...
e1ee411af831213989e5f46140f34190.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

This is the sort of post that you’d report if it was directed at you. You can give it but you can’t take it.

Poor.

Wut? Reported on what grounds?

It was only a matter of time before SPS broke through this year. I’m so glad he did it in a tough grinding game too.

His breakdance gig thingy in the team song shows he’s really ‘part of it’. The chemistry is there and I really hope he now goes on with it for the next two games (and beyond)...

Go Blues!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back