Current Claremont Murders Discussion & Edwards trial updates pt3 - The Verdict

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channel Nine TV reporter live on steps of courts was getting info from inside the courtroom on an earpiece and said that preamble to verdict has started and that verdict expected in 45 minutes.
Can someone explain how the info gets outside to the live reporters? I thought those in court weren’t allowed any electronic equipment to relay information to those outside. Or am I wrong?

9.42am
Sentencing date set down
The court is now discussing Edwards' sentencing date, which has been set down for December 23.
He has ordered a psychiatric report.
"I can't force him to participate," he said, in relation to the report.
Prosecutor Carmel Barbagallo is now discussing the victim impact statements which will be read at the sentencing.

The coward shook his head.

9.42am
Edwards' head shake
By Daile Cross
Edwards is standing to hear the verdicts that he is not gulty of murdeirng Sarah Spiers.
He shook his head at the finding of his guilty over Jane Rimmer and again looked down as the guilty verdict over Ciara Glennon, as if in disbelief that he has been found guilty.
Earlier, Edwards barely moved as he listens to the judge tell the court that he did kill Ciara Glennon and Jane Rimmer- except to lightly shake his head.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my view, this is a victory of the women who were attacked and killed. It is Ciara Glennon’s victory for scratching Edwards hard enough to get his DNA. It is Jane Rimmer’s victory for screaming for her life in Wellard that night. It is also Sarah Spiers’ victory for screaming for her life in Mosman Park that night; even if he is technically not guilty, the point was made that it was likely.

It is KK’s victory for her bravery in surviving the attack, for running for help and for ensuring all the invasive procedures and questions to collect evidence. It is the Huntingdale victim’s victory for scaring him away, resulting in him dropping the kimono.

I hope his living victims and his victims’ families find peace from this and are proud of their and their family member’s tenacity.

Bradley Edwards is a depraved, despicable murdering c***. I hope he rots in prison, miserable for the remainder of his life (which I hope is long). And I hope anyone who protected him never sleeps soundly again.

"[Edwards] stopping the murders when he got a wife is not uncommon either, many serial killers turn to prostitutes," he said.

No evidence of this turning to pros' presented in the article though

Edit: Except for the bit I missed .. oops
After one of Edwards’ first court appearances, a visibly shaken former Perth sex worker told WAtoday he used to be one of her regular clients, but was never violent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back