Bluemour Melting Pot XXIV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok everyone, let's get some perspective. Adam Saad is likely going to request a trade to us, it's not guaranteed he'll end up here.

Although I'm very optimistic and it's a bit of a different situation, I don't think I need to bring up Papley again.

Don't forget which dumba** screwed that for us last time.

So, if Saad does join us, it will make for two out of three targets down -

1. Inside/Outside mid - Williams
2. Run & carry backman - Saad
3. Small forward - Lonie?

Let's say we knock all this off, we'd still possibly have one first this year and our 2021 first, intact.
That would make for a great outcome for the CFC.

Ok everyone, let's get some perspective. Adam Saad is likely going to request a trade to us, it's not guaranteed he'll end up here.

Although I'm very optimistic and it's a bit of a different situation, I don't think I need to bring up Papley again.

Papley was contracted, Saad isn't. Makes a world of difference.

True Dodo is a Dodo, but would he honestly let him walk as an OC player.

I think that would be professional suicide at this point.

He will take what is fair and treat it like a win.

Let's say we knock all this off, we'd still possibly have one first this year and our 2021 first, intact.
Lonie, Spargo, Mosquito, Langdon, Rosas... all are OOC and surely we can get one on them in the door for SFA and see how they go

That would be a super duper outcome

I’d prefer Jack Higgins to Lonie but am possibly being a bit greedy...

Too stoked to care too much atm, Saad would/will be awesome for us!!

Great news to start the day and week. Just hope we can get it done, I've seen a lot of Bombers games this year and Saad will provide something we are lacking.

With Williams looking like a done deal and Saad hopefully coming, we are looking likely to plug some holes on our list. Next is to get Crippa some more help and a good small forward.

Not interested in Lonie personally...he's just not that damaging. Not a great kick, doesn't take contested marks, isn't very quick.
Benefited this year from Butler being the no.1 small forward and St Kilda's fast counter attacking playstyle...even so hasn't kicked that many goals.

I hope we can do a bit better than Lonie but there's not a whole lot available for small forwards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Welcome to Carlton Adam Saad :blueheart:
Awesome news!! Rate Saad highly, exactly what our backline needs. Also think his professionalism and dedication will provide a massive boost to the team, especially with the younger players. Massive get!!
Wow huge news...final confirmation from b70 that Saad has chosen Carlton!

Forty43 on the money last week.

Sorry, I don't mean to burst everyone's bubble.

I need to point out that Barass70 used double dots at the end of his post.

Tells me that Saad is yet to make a decision.

Dad has been saying for the past week he’s son is coming to us..but no confirmation as yet..

Barass is now saying that he hasn't heard that Saad will be a blue, but that it's true that Saad's Dad has been saying that he will request a trade. So not quite confirmation yet.

Whilst I’d love good finishers in the side, give me players that find the ball and get themselves in to positions to alter the game, I’d say Gov is a good finisher and makes good decisions with ball in hand, but barely finds the ball, I think Cunners makes stuff happen when he gets it, but doesn’t get it enough.

I think we need to find a happy medium, as a great finisher is nothing special if they rarely find themselves in a position to finish.

I think you are using extreme examples

Fisher can find it, has some xfactor and uses it well. Walsh is now working within his limitations and his disposal by foot has improved dramatically

I agree though, balance is important

Hard pass on Lonie, too small & gets pushed off the ball too easily.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Barass is now saying that he hasn't heard that Saad will be a blue, but that it's true that Saad's Dad has been saying that he will request a trade. So not quite confirmation yet.

Sounds like the sort of rumour you'd spread when you're trying to get an extra $50k from your current club.

His decision will be made public as soon as it's made. Trust me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back