WAexit? what would the Eagles and Dockers do?

Remove this Banner Ad

Pessimistic

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts HBF's Milk Crate - 70k Posts TheBrownDog
Sep 13, 2000
Melbourne cricket ground. Australia
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Horks

A bit fanciful, but would West Australia have a similar relationship to us as New Zealand?

A bit fanciful, but would West Australia have a similar relationship to us as New Zealand?
yeah that would be crazy

1 in 4 in favour. Which means the other 75% aren’t. What a beat up.

Just click bait for WA’s with chips on their shoulders. There’s a reason why it hasn‘t happened. Would be disastrous for WA and they know it
Oh look, what a surprise, another know all wise man from the east to tell Western Australians what's best for Western Australia.

The Eagles and Dockers would still compete in the AFL. The Warriors and Scorchers in cricket, the Glory in the A-League, the Wildcats in the NBL etc. It's not like the WA is going to be sawn off and towed away.
Nope.
No foreign teams allowed!
Freo and Eagles to absorbed back into the WAFL.
International Rules series = Australia, Ireland, Westralia.

The Eagles and Dockers would still compete in the AFL. The Warriors and Scorchers in cricket, the Glory in the A-League, the Wildcats in the NBL etc. It's not like the WA is going to be sawn off and towed away.

sorry, but if we are going through the pain of dissolving the federation, you can stick to playing wafl teams and we will stick to our own thing

im over wa, hope you leave tomorrow

sorry, but if we are going through the pain of dissolving the federation, you can stick to playing wafl teams and we will stick to our own thing

I hope those WA bogans lose their visa exemption for Indonesia if they go it alone. Kuta might be worth a visit again when international travel is back on the cards.

While we're at it, I wouldn't be opposed to limiting their entry into Victoria when things go back to normal. We could keep the riffraff out under the guise of Australian border control.

In the 1890's depression in the Eastern states gold was discovered at Coolgardie and Kalgoorlie thousands of mainly Victorian gold miners with SA copper miners and even Broken Hill moved to WA to try their luck, sending back money to the East, in fact many small towns around the wheat belt can trace the founding of their town and community to the Eastern states, at one stage they caught a ship got off at Albany and walked up to Kal with a wheel barrow etc.

Most Eastern staters wanted Federation hence ....

In 1900, Western Australians voted in a referendum to consider the draft Australian Constitution of the proposed Federation of Australia.[7] The result of the vote was 44,800 in favour and 19,691 against. Most country electorates voted 'No', except Albany and the Goldfields, which voted 'Yes'.

On 8 April 1933, Nationalist Premier Sir James Mitchell's government held a referendum on secession alongside the State parliamentary election. The Nationalists had campaigned in favour of secession while the Labor party had campaigned against breaking from the Federation. 68% of the 237,198 voters voted in favour of secession, but at the same time the Nationalists were voted out of office. Only the mining areas, populated by keen Federalists, voted against the move.

British Government never seriously considered it, its pie in the sky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No more Margaret River goon for you Ned.

jokes aside, im over it

if wa people want independence let them. they can have their own country, stick to themselves, and have their own footy comp. I'm just sick and tired of the whining, esp when im in lockdown and they are still sooking about their supposed injustices

I hope those WA bogans lose their visa exemption for Indonesia if they go it alone. Kuta might be worth a visit again when international travel is back on the cards.

While we're at it, I wouldn't be opposed to limiting their entry into Victoria when things go back to normal. We could keep the riffraff out under the guise of Australian border control.
Oh no don’t limit our access to your tiny Covid infested slice of wet and miserable paradise.

jokes aside, im over it

if wa people want independence let them. they can have their own country, stick to themselves, and have their own footy comp. I'm just sick and tired of the whining, esp when im in lockdown and they are still sooking about their supposed injustices
1 in 4 Ned

im cool with that - if independence is the solution, all the luck of the irish to you all.
It won’t happen. It’s just a beat up click bait story. I’ve lived here for 37 years and never had a conversation with anyone who seriously wants to break away.

It won’t happen. It’s just a beat up click bait story. I’ve lived here for 37 years and never had a conversation with anyone who seriously wants to break away.

I know the pro-WAxit people think us vicco's want/need you and desperately are holding you against your will, but covid has changed this for me.

with cafes and restaurants having "no victorians allowed", and people reporting vic licence plates to coppers, im happy for federation to collapse and for Victoria to go its own way too

im just over it. they win, let them have WAxit

I know the pro-WAxit people think us vicco's want/need you and desperately are holding you against your will, but covid has changed this for me.

with cafes and restaurants having "no victorians allowed", and people reporting vic licence plates to coppers, im happy for federation to collapse and for Victoria to go its own way too

im just over it. they win, let them have WAxit
There are places banning Victorians and reporting VIC number plates? News to me.

Are you that salty over having to endure another Covid lockdown in your state, caused by your own mismanagement, that you wish harm upon yourselves? It is a situation where everybody loses.

The number of people who follow AFL in Australia isn't that great, and WA makes up a large chunk of that being a footy state. Cut the WA teams out of the comp and you'll lose a lot of followers. They won't just switch to supporting a different team, they'll just switch off out of spite. So down goes revenue, and TV rights and advertising and all the rest of it. The AFL will lose money out of it, and won't be able to keep funding expansion teams nor bailing out the struggling Melbourne clubs. Clubs will fold, you'll be back to being the an expanded VFL, while Rugby league goes on to claim the No. 1 spot permanently.

Besides which, the Morrison government has a majority of 2, with 11 Liberal Party seats held in WA. Not likely to vote WA out of the Federation and hand over the government to the ALP.

Are you that salty over having to endure another Covid lockdown in your state, caused by your own mismanagement, that you wish harm upon yourselves? It is a situation where everybody loses.

The number of people who follow AFL in Australia isn't that great, and WA makes up a large chunk of that being a footy state. Cut the WA teams out of the comp and you'll lose a lot of followers. They won't just switch to supporting a different team, they'll just switch off out of spite. So down goes revenue, and TV rights and advertising and all the rest of it. The AFL will lose money out of it, and won't be able to keep funding expansion teams nor bailing out the struggling Melbourne clubs. Clubs will fold, you'll be back to being the an expanded VFL, while Rugby league goes on to claim the No. 1 spot permanently.

Besides which, the Morrison government has a majority of 2, with 11 Liberal Party seats held in WA. Not likely to vote WA out of the Federation and hand over the government to the ALP.

i saw my parents for the first time in six months on the weekend, and it was only because dad had major surgery and mum several heart attacks i got a welcare exemption. no s**t im salty.

you want independence, and im happy to back you 100%. no more complaining about gst, home games, daylight savings. im done with you all, you win

Remove this Banner Ad

Back