No Oppo Supporters Essendon* - 6900 & Beyond - Carlton Posters ONLY!

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all have a duty of care to pool our resources together so we can buy * and turn them into a Kool Aid franchise. Community standards, ffs.

I am genuinely curious, what do you guys think Dylan Shiel is feeling about all that is happening right now with *? Within 2 years he has gone from nominating a club he wanted to win a flag with to a club who will not play finals for the foreseeable future and that’s in large part because players who he joined * to play side by side with - Saad, Daniher, Fantasia, McKenna - are leaving the club in the same trade window. There are not many big moves that have turned out worse than Shiel’s in such a short period of time.

He might have felt a bit better if the other club in the equation for his signature - Carlton - weren’t on the rise and have now become a destination club. What a spectacular fail.

I am genuinely curious, what do you guys think Dylan Shiel is feeling about all that is happening right now with *? Within 2 years he has gone from nominating a club he wanted to win a flag with to a club who will not play finals for the foreseeable future and that’s in large part because players who he joined * to play side by side with - Saad, Daniher, Fantasia, McKenna - are leaving the club in the same trade window. There are not many big moves that have turned out worse than Shiel’s in such a short period of time.

He might have felt a bit better if the other club in the equation for his signature - Carlton - weren’t on the rise and have now become a destination club. What a spectacular fail.

I can think of a similar situation. Brendan Goddard.

******* glorious isnt it?

I can think of a similar situation. Brendan Goddard.

******* glorious isnt it?

*‘s entire club must be some sort of sick joke to Shiel now.

See the * fly somewhere, LOL!
To win the premiership flag,
Our boys
play this beautiful game that we sullied (YouTube Sam Mitchell for reference)
Are always striving for glory and fame!
Something, something, what the actual, * (is this song)?,
The other teams we aren’t better (than),
They all try their best,
And kick the s**t out (of us),
As the Asterisks fly (to the nearest drug clinic)!

Last edited:

You just hate to see it.

I reckon Adam Treloar would be questioning his decision over and over in his head many times over the last 4 years.....doh!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He went for the money, nothing else.

* might be paying him less than we offered but the third party property deal through coteries puts it well above ours.

Either way, eat poo Dylan.

On SM-A530F using BigFooty.com mobile app

*‘s entire club some must be some sort of sick joke to Shiel now.

See the Bombers fly up, up!
Our boys
who play this grand old game,
See the bombers fly up, up,
The other teams they don't fear,
They all try their best,
But they can't get near,
As the bombers fly up!
Don't ever put that form of torture on our page again.

Don't ever put that form of torture on our page again.

I had a moment of stupidity. But then I ran head first into a brick wall, recited our song 10 times and watched some Chris Judd highlights. Now I am back to normal.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes you think that players will start having "Team success" clauses in their contracts. In terms of Shiel, stuff him! We courted him, we had our own vision and in the end his future FIL corrupted his mind and he was guided more by $$$ and his little Shiel instead.

At that point our group was galvanised and had good camaraderie, * had recent players like Floggard showing disdain and finger pointing and a hatred of Pretzels, a Fraggle as a captain, a smiling Giraffe and a middling side and confusion in their coaching ranks. You know... stuff him... he had the opportunity to come, we had the trade (even were ready if the * trade fell over last minute).

*‘s entire club must be some sort of sick joke to Shiel now.

See the * fly somewhere, LOL!
Our boys
play this beautiful game that we sullied (YouTube Sam Mitchell for reference)
Something, something, what the actual, fu** (is this song)?,
The other teams we aren’t better (than),
They all try their best,
And kick the sh*t out (of us),
As the Asterisks fly (to the nearest drug clinic)!
This thread needs to be cleansed. Apologies for not using an *, but sing along with me .... 🎶

See the Bombers shoot up, up!
With Hird and Thompson and Dank,
Our boys were flogged by the Blues in a final,
So came back pumped full of sh#t from a vial!
See the bombers shoot up, up,
The critiques of Hird they don't hear,
Stringer, Saad, Shiel and Smith,
Came to win a preee'miership,
But then the Bombers blew up!

This thread needs to be cleansed. Apologies for not using an *, but sing along with me .... 🎶

See the Bombers shoot up, up!
With Hird and Thompson and Dank,
Our boys were flogged by the Blues in a final,
So came back pumped full of sh#t from a vial!

See the bombers shoot up, up,
The critiques of Hird they don't hear,
Stringer, Saad, Shiel and Smith,
Came to win a preee'miership,
But then the Bombers blew up!

I especially liked the bolded parts.

Time they need to think about saving them from themselves, they have money but no soul, north have shin boner spirit but no money. Merge with North I'm thinking, become the North West Kangaroos?

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
Interesting idea, but my sources tell me it's been vetoed by the North Melbourne Bowls Club. ;)

Makes you think that players will start having "Team success" clauses in their contracts. In terms of Shiel, stuff him! We courted him, we had our own vision and in the end his future FIL corrupted his mind and he was guided more by $$$ and his little Shiel instead.

At that point our group was galvanised and had good camaraderie, * had recent players like Floggard showing disdain and finger pointing and a hatred of Pretzels, a Fraggle as a captain, a smiling Giraffe and a middling side and confusion in their coaching ranks. You know... stuff him... he had the opportunity to come, we had the trade (even were ready if the * trade fell over last minute).

Thank * it never came to pass. GWS wanted both a 2018 and 2019 1st rounder. GC had 2, 3 and 6, which was the likeliest trade to split for Pick 1. If that happened and Carlton traded the lowest pick of those three to GWS and a 1st Round the very next year, then there is no Sam Walsh and no Brodie Kemp. OMG!

Thank fu** it never came to pass. GWS wanted both a 2018 and 2019 1st rounder. GC had 2, 3 and 6, which was the likeliest trade to split for Pick 1. If that happened and Carlton traded the lowest pick of those three to GWS and a 1st Round the very next year, then there is no Sam Walsh and no Brodie Kemp. OMG!

We were never giving up #1.
If Shiel said Carlton, it would have been our future 1st only, so no Stocker, Kemp, Philp. But we were always getting Walsh.

We were never giving up #1.
If Shiel said Carlton, it would have been our future 1st only, so no Stocker, Kemp, Philp. But we were always getting Walsh.
So player and future 1st? I must have got the details wrong if Shiel chose us. Happy it never happened, our kids could be very good. I am especially looking forward to Kemp.

So player and future 1st? I must have got the details wrong if Shiel chose us. Happy it never happened, our kids could be very good. I am especially looking forward to Kemp.

SOS was only offering the future 1st. Which was part of the reason that the Giants were pushing Shiel towards *
We were ready if the deal fell through, but were not going to offer as much.

Very happy that * got the deal done.

Plenty inside the club may think they get rid of a couple 'bad eggs' and the culture shift will see them straight back in contention. Yes, delusional to those looking in but quite plausible for those within to be thinking and feeling.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back