Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

Money makes for a very good reason, as does opportunity..........and often the two are intertwined.

Maybe Dunkley doesn't see himself as a ruck-man/forward and the Dogs have preferred Smith over him in the midfield.
Maybe The Dogs don't see Dunkley quite the way, some from outside do.

View attachment 994439

As is often the case, there are four first picked mids and then the periphery. Dunkley is clearly in he periphery right now.
Well
We'd have him wouldn't we?

Well if there’s one team that will understand full well that there’s no obligation for a player under contract to be traded, it’s *.

I’d be delighted if they coughed up the $ and picks the Bulldogs would extort from them, mind you. Two firsts, if I’m the Bulldogs. It’s more than he’s worth but if * are going to turn his head with that length of contract remaining, they pay the price (something we should be ready for re: Oliver).

Well
We'd have him wouldn't we?

For what? We don't need Dunkley.

We can do this forever though: Get Oliver, get Kelly, get Merrett and even...get Dunkley.

Dunkley is some way down the pecking order for the type at least I feel we need. Have to keep on track with our priorities. Smart recruiting.

I am with you.I would be comfortable with trading out of this and next years 1st rounds if we ended up with Saad, Oliver and a Williams on our list, because they are the right age. That can only happen if we use the 1st round from 2022 onwards.

Spot on. Philp + Honey have shown good early signs and Kemp is highly rated from the 2019 crew. In the next 2-3 years we may lose Murphy, Ed, Jones, Eddie and Levi. We have players to fill those spots now I think. From 2022 we start adding high draft pick kids again.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

People are making it sound like Danger went in with a flying clothesline off the top turnbuckle. He punched the ball then protected himself first and foremost.
Exactly, don’t know how he is supposedly meant to tuck the forearm in or retract it out of the way in time to avoid contact before he has even finished the punching motion.

The momentum at full speed with force/pressure from behind from his opponent to retract or alter the completion of the arm action would be impossible, and that’s without even considering or mentioning the impending front on contact/collision.

What is he supposed to do.....leave himself open to have his face smashed in.....

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two actions doesn’t make it malicious.
You are allowed to protect yourself.

If it was one of our players it wouldn’t be an issue no doubt.

I have no issue with what he did. It’s a GF and if you’ve got the chance to put the hurt on someone you do it.
When was the last time a Carlton player hurt someone?

I have no issue with what he did. It’s a GF and if you’ve got the chance to put the hurt on someone you do it.
When was the last time a Carlton player hurt someone?

What do you mean?
We find ways to hurt ourselves all the time.

EDIT: Mods - Should we start up a dedicated trade thread now?
Everything seems to be being channeled through this one thread. It's somewhat ridiculous.
I don't wish to start it, if it's only going to be wiped, like so much is being done.

(Age next year, Age in 2017 - first flag)
Houli 33,29
Edwards 32, 28
Riewoldt 32,28
Cotchin 31,27
Astbury 30,26
Martin 30, 26
Grimes 30,26
Prestia 29,25

Many of the rest 27-28 next year.

Carlton?

Betts and Smurf, Levi and Ed C all 30+

But the guts of the list? 22-24 in 2021. Curnow C, Marchy, Setters, SPS, Fish, Harry, Willo, TDK, Dow, Weiters.

Crippa, Martin - 26 next year
Doc, Guv, Plow 27
Williams 26-27 in 2021
Saad same.

The next 5 years is our window.

ps need someone to take over from Liam Jones.... 30 in Feb.
This was on Reddit, probably needs updating after trade period and draft. But gives you an idea.

no9k6ncqgzu51%20(1).jpeg

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

McG did drop an inordinate amount of marks this season. Esp trying to take lead up grabs on the chest after long leads to CHF. Nerves or shot confidence? Dunno probably the easiest thing of all to fix. Interesting to see if this was just a year annus horibilis or whether it is bust. I think it could be the former rather than the later, but FMD he is on thin ice either way and a career completely on the line 2021.
I think he will improve in 2021 but by how much Im not sure.

Probably the worst trade I can remember in living memory...but if he can be a contributor in a Premiership then who cares.

Does West Coast have nasty guys?

I think not.

Check out our list's age profile - we're simply a good 5 years behind the Tigers.....

Our window is 2021-2027.

Who really thinks our current list (with Williams, Charlie C and Saad playing) wouldn't make the finals comfortably?
Making finals and winning GF are different. Ask Essendon.

I know what I want us to aim for.

Yep.. club as a whole needs to harden the fu** up. You see every Tiger player put their body on the line and chase like non tomorrow

Agree, dusty aside skills seem to be a less important requirement, the focus on structure, manic defensive pressure and scrappy kicks fwd..a territory at all cost has got them 3 flags....

You have obviously never played football. The incident won’t even be looked at, all the commentators said the same thing when it happened.

Danger played the ball then protected himself, unfortunately for Vlaustin he was in the wrong spot at the wrong time.

Football incident. They do happen you know.
If it was Cripps or Ed rather than Danger, Vlastuin would have played out the game.

They would have tucked the elbow and hit him with the upper arm rather than the extended elbow.

In a final I'd rather our boys did the later. But they won't. It's instinct.

Danger knew what he was doing even if it wasn't premeditated. He made a quick decision.

He will get away with it and I am fine with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back