Bluemour Melting Pot XXV

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued here ...

People are making it sound like Danger went in with a flying clothesline off the top turnbuckle. He punched the ball then protected himself first and foremost.
I agree, but I've only just seen it and when they slow it down it does not look good, the way the MRP/Judiciary or whatever the hell they call themselves these days have been dealing with incidents in GF's he may be in a spot of bother.

Can we please get over the notion that the team needs to be a bunch of dicks and campaigners to be a premiership side?
Just because former teams have a few you can name doesn't make it true.
Having questionable personality traits does not make you or the team any better.
You can be a competitive beast without being a dick. See Walsh, Weitering and Cripps.
For crying out loud, Dusty is not a star player because he has questionable traits, he's just a damn good player.

I have no issue with what he did. It’s a GF and if you’ve got the chance to put the hurt on someone you do it.
When was the last time a Carlton player hurt someone?
Levi laid a few really big hits late in the season, think Gov had a couple, Martin too earlier in the year.

And that time Cripps ran it straight at Mayne and hit him so hard old mate Noodles practically became a hologram.

I agree, but I've only just seen it and when they slow it down it does not look good, the way the MRP/Judiciary or whatever the hell they call themselves these days have been dealing with incidents in GF's he may be in a spot of bother.

It never looks good when they slow it down. It gives the impression that there was a possibility Danger could have concocted a plan to punch the ball and make the decision to knock someone out maliciously.

When it’s played at normal speed, it’s clear he punched the ball then brought his arm back in to protect himself as contact was inevitable.

All this would be different if Danger ran past the ball to collect the man, or they were not directly going to run into each other.

AFLPA president and golden boy. He will be fine.

On SM-N960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

It never looks good when they slow it down. It gives the impression that there was a possibility Danger could have concocted a plan to punch the ball and make the decision to knock someone out maliciously.

When it’s played at normal speed, it’s clear he punched the ball then brought his arm back in to protect himself as contact was inevitable.

All this would be different if Danger ran past the ball to collect the man, or they were not directly going to run into each other.
Check it again. He punched the ball then extended the elbow.

Levi laid a few really big hits late in the season, think Gov had a couple, Martin too earlier in the year.

And that time Cripps ran it straight at Mayne and hit him so hard old mate Noodles practically became a hologram.

Everyone thought Cripps should have been rubbed out for that. First time ever someone would have been rubbed out for being built the way they are lol 😂

Money makes for a very good reason, as does opportunity..........and often the two are intertwined.

Maybe Dunkley doesn't see himself as a ruck-man/forward and the Dogs have preferred Smith over him in the midfield.
Maybe The Dogs don't see Dunkley quite the way, some from outside do.

View attachment 994439

As is often the case, there are four first picked mids and then the periphery. Dunkley is clearly in he periphery right now.

You need to factor in bench rotations and the likes of Bont and Smith can also rest forward

Can't see Dunkley leaving, especially for the reason of not being in the first 4 picked

He punched the ball, then brought the arm back in.

The only other option would have been to leave the arm extended and cop the front on contact (possibly head to head) while unprotected.
Exactly this! If he didn’t extend his arm it was a head clash waiting to happen.

These blokes are sensational athletes, not superheroes. When you see something flying at your head, you stick your arm up to protect yourself.

People are honestly arguing that he made a conscious decision in a quarter of a second to deliberately cause damage, it’s borderline impossible

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFLPA president and golden boy. He will be fine.

Father whateley believes the entire football world revolves around Dangerfield.
He will hear his confession during the week and no doubt instantly forgive him, absolving him of any guilt both in the incident in question and more importantly, going missing in action on the day he was supposed to grasp his football destiny ...

The old "you've obviously never played football". Enlighten us with your football resume then...

Even Hodge said it was two actions.

Move on from he 60s.
Of course it was two actions, two reactions actually. Neither was malicious. Maliciousness holds intent. Intent takes planning.

Humans take a minimum of between 1.5 to 2.5 seconds to react to a critical incident. Their first reaction though is generally self preservation.

Dangerfield saw the ball and reacted, the first action, the second scenario entered quickly and he preserved himself. Absorbing front on contact is not natural so he tried to deflect, not attack.

Yes I have a understanding in this field.

You need to factor in bench rotations and the likes of Bont and Smith can also rest forward

Can't see Dunkley leaving, especially for the reason of not being in the first 4 picked
Disagree I think a lot of teams have a clear 4 mid type set-up, including the 1 on bench.

Bulldogs have clearly identified what suits there team. That is Dunkley playing forward, not Libba, Macrae, Smith.

Why wouldn’t he look at Jack Steele and say that should be me, I can do that.
He is already a premiership player, time to look after his own playing ambitions.

Ain't nothing quick about building a flag team.

Their foundations were built from around 06-11, and since then they’ve just grown together and supplemented the list with needs along the way.

In hindsight how could a core of Martin, Cotchin, Riewoldt, Rance*, Grimes, Vlaustin, Edwards and Astbury not see some success with maturity?

I feel we are on the right path with Cripps, Doc, Weiters, Charlie, Harry, Walsh, Setters and SPS all developing together.

I don’t want to copy the tigers, we have our own path to take, but there’s plenty to be learnt.

For sure. The difference with the Tiges is, Cats lost Gaz and won another flag. Hawks lost Buddy and won 2 more. Tiges aren't winning without Dusty.

Who cares. Dusty will go around again and they’re looking primed for 4 in 5 years. A flag is a flag, 3 flags is ridiculous. They’re going down in history with the Cats and Hawks.

Who cares. Dusty will go around again and they’re looking primed for 4 in 5 years. A flag is a flag, 3 flags is ridiculous. They’re going down in history with the Cats and Hawks.

Not arguing with that, agreeing with your point of not copying the Tiges (whose success is based on a single player).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back