Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Not without said player's blessing. If a player doesn't want to go, clubs can't trade them. Otherwise Collingwood would just trade Treloar to tge highest bidder. Employees/players have significant control over their place of employment.

Yep,that is why I said it should change

Admittedly Samo would be one I'd consider, and at the risk of being drawn and quartered I'd also consider JSOS and Marchy, Cuningham too.

As far as I'm concerned the only one of those four with much trade currency at all is SPS, not that I'm advocating trading him. The rest won't get you much at this stage.

Are you saying Martin doesn't believe in his ability yet?

We're going to have a pretty special player on our hands then. I think we have now already.
Now just to get that forward line to sing together...

2020 was a weird year for all.

Long delay after Rd 1, in which Jack starred, than the hub thing....

He picked up a couple of calf injuries (IIRC?). seemed to lose a bit of interest late in the piece but perhaps was conscious of his calf?

For mine, with a stronger midfield and a better/quicker defence, Martin will thrive in that high half forward role, with cameos on ball.

Could easily become a regular 40+ goals a season layer.

This guy can do anything - and be anything - a true game changer/winner.

ps I've been a fan since his days as a junior back in the West. His time is now. Certainly capable of winning Brownlow and surprisingly consistent (output wise) in his early years at the Suns.

I always go back to Malcolm Blight's assessment (circa 1.05):

Interesting video.
I like Austin - seems composed and determined.
I found it intriguing that despite commenting on ZW adding an element to our midfield group, Austin also mentioned that he will rotate through the backline.
I was hoping this would be the case.
I like the idea of a settled back 6 so they play as a unit rather than a collection of moving parts, but it would be a real shame if we don’t utilise ZW in the role he is best known.
It will be fascinating to see how it plays out. Do we give him ample time to show his worth in the midfield, or do we make him earn that time by alternating between mid and HBF? I honestly wonder what we have promised him to entice him to come over.

Admittedly Samo would be one I'd consider, and at the risk of being drawn and quartered I'd also consider JSOS and Marchy, Cuningham too.

Mate dont worry about the others, you about to get drawn and quartered over Sammo.

Just needs to find me a couple of Clydesdales...

I was dreading this would happen.

I think this was the reason Dodo has been floating the idea of Pick 7 in the public early to give everyone time to get used to the idea, because now GWS has matched the offer, Geelong will have to use 2 of the picks that they would have otherwise swapped with Us, to Satisfy GWS.

This means we have to find someone else to trade picks with (is there any potential other team with 2 mid first rounders?) or use Pick 7 in a deal. Dodo will be rubbing his hands together.

Hopefully we use it in a deal to get Oliver across and give Dodo nothing.

Just give pick 7 to GWS for the two Geelong picks. Give it to the Lions for their two late picks. Trade it for a 2021 first. There are plenty of options instead of giving it to Essendon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate dont worry about the others, you about to get drawn and quartered over Sammo.

Just needs to find me a couple of Clydesdales...
Mate I love Samo, near my favourite player. But he's played out of position and probably doesn't fit in our midfield and with Saad coming in maybe surplus in defence. Wouldn't be trading him otherwise, just think we could get value out of him from Freo.

Could easily become a regular 40+ goals a season layer.
This guy can do anything - and be anything - a true game changer/winner.

ps I've been a fan since his days as a junior back in the West. His time is now. Certainly capable of winning Brownlow and surprisingly consistent (output wise) in his early years at the Suns.

I always go back to Malcolm Blight's assessment (circa 1.05):

It's possible but even if he doesn't kick that many, he just creates opportunity and is a danger in the air and on the ground.
You can just see how good he will be and especially when the forward line has some synergy about it.

Good video too.. :)

I was dreading this would happen.

I think this was the reason Dodo has been floating the idea of Pick 7 in the public early to give everyone time to get used to the idea, because now GWS has matched the offer, Geelong will have to use 2 of the picks that they would have otherwise swapped with Us, to Satisfy GWS.

This means we have to find someone else to trade picks with (is there any potential other team with 2 mid first rounders?) or use Pick 7 in a deal. Dodo will be rubbing his hands together.

Hopefully we use it in a deal to get Oliver across and give Dodo nothing.

Geelong need our pick 7 to satisfy GWS.

;)

If Jack requests a trade, that's one thing, but I don't think we'll be shopping him, or the others.
Marchbank has minimal trade value.

I really don't think this is the year to be trading out valuable players.
There'd be a reasonable chance that Kennedy would look elsewhere.

Think there are better ways to make a point.
Not sure why you're being so precious about this. But I did make the same point, in a less extreme way a few days ago, and yet there are still people in here expressing the fear that we'll give up a top 10 pick for a 26yo HBF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back