Bluemour Melting Pot XXVI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As per the Bluemour File OP, this is a thread for discussing Carlton related rumours.
http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/bluemour-file.1085141/

Rumour posters should post their rumours in both threads for those that like just to read rumours and for those that like to have get lost in their rumour files.

Remember ... #Bluemour

Continued from here ...

Continued here:

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, so 2001, and prior to them bottoming out for a rebuild.

Safe to say, this is not a common method for winning premierships.
And for a number 1 draft pick in a draft that was considered a “super draft” even before it happened. It’s will be extremely rare for that to happen.

Mate I love Samo, near my favourite player. But he's played out of position and probably doesn't fit in our midfield and with Saad coming in maybe surplus in defence. Wouldn't be trading him otherwise, just think we could get value out of him from Freo.

I would play Samo as a high half forward, rotating through the middle (just like Martin really)

So, a front 6 of

Martin Harry Samo
Betts Chuck Guv

With Honey/Owies/Butters/Stengle groomed to assume Betts' role....

Who'd you rather out of Samo, Cuners and Gibbo?

For mine Samo is the first picked of those three.

hawthorn trade bluemour is interesting. Maybe 27 and 45 or whatever they are now for hawks future second. Then package that with our own future second for Collingwood’s future first(they need the points for daicos). I think this is then a good option for Saad trade.
Which bluemour?

I would play Samo as a high half forward, rotating through the middle (just like Martin really)

So, a front 6 of

Martin Harry Samo
Betts Chuck Guv

Samo definitely, but that's exactly why I'd consider trading him as he's the only one with value.

I reckon Samo’s best work is more behind the ball. Cunningham also should be moving back toward the wings to use his best asset (speed). So it’s Gibson but really a big question mark up for grabs because he doesn’t provide the best forward 50 pressure to lock it in.

Surely we can split 8 with two of Geelong’s current or Brisbane’s picks. We know GWS aren’t afraid to trade up and the Lions have been burnt by some of their recent late first round picks (Witherden, Ely Smith, Devon Robertson).

We should do what Essendon did in the Stringer deal:
1) Offer them pick 8 for Saad with two second rounders coming back (The Fantasia pick plus next years 2nd).
2) When they inevitably decline, split pick 8 and leak to the media “you had your chance to get pick 8 but you missed out”.
3) Hold out until end of trade period with the straight swap of Saad for a late first and watch them squirm

It's possible but even if he doesn't kick that many, he just creates opportunity and is a danger in the air and on the ground.
You can just see how good he will be and especially when the forward line has some synergy about it.

Good video too.. :)

And in spite of his gentle nature off field, he's very, very hard at it and indeed you could almost fairly say he's got a bit of (the seldom used c word) in him.

Looking forward to the days when he, Crippa, Walsh, Williams, Charlie, Weiters and Kemp are fighting it out for the John Nicholls Medal! :8ball::8ball:

So, a front 6 of

Martin Harry Samo
Betts Chuck Guv

Yeah, Samo best suited to be the player kicking inside 50.

Fish instead of Eddie.

When supporters of the team are somewhat embarrassed for the compensation afforded to them, it's probably a sign one isn't being totally biased.
It all dropped late on what just happened to be a long weekend here, allowing plenty of time to forget but I want the media to be asking questions about it.

Three years for a band one. 2.5mil maximum? That's it? We'll see...or maybe we just won't.
I’m thinking we won’t. A large percentage of footy reporters are Essendon supporters and those directly employed by the AFL won’t be doing their career any favours by questioning the compensation.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Samo’s best work is more behind the ball. Cunningham also should be moving back toward the wings to use his best asset (speed). So it’s Gibson but really a big question mark up for grabs because he doesn’t provide the best forward 50 pressure to lock it in.
Gibson?

All this trading Samo talk is making me nauseated 🤢
He’s easily in our top 12 players at the club! Could turn around and bite us real hard.

Just needs more reps, pre seasons and rotate through the midfield till he’s ready to consistently deliver. Just remember the best ability is availability so he’ll only just keep getting better. Shades of Shane Edwards is this bloke and could easily be AA one day.

I was dreading this would happen.

I think this was the reason Dodo has been floating the idea of Pick 7 in the public early to give everyone time to get used to the idea, because now GWS has matched the offer, Geelong will have to use 2 of the picks that they would have otherwise swapped with Us, to Satisfy GWS.

This means we have to find someone else to trade picks with (is there any potential other team with 2 mid first rounders?) or use Pick 7 in a deal. Dodo will be rubbing his hands together.

Hopefully we use it in a deal to get Oliver across and give Dodo nothing.
We will trade with GWS

And in spite of his gentle nature off field, he's very, very hard at it and indeed you could almost fairly say he's got a bit of (the seldom used c word) in him.

Looking forward to the days when he, Crippa, Walsh, Williams, Charlie, Weiters and Kemp are fighting it out for the John Nicholls Medal! :8ball::8ball:

Don't be afraid to use it. No one minds; Courage.....right?
Yes, Martin is another I'm looking forward to in what could be - A normal season.

We can always play out the game of adding this player and that player to make us better, but it doesn't work that way in this comp.
Most of the pieces are there now and it's still Papley as I see for making more difference to the whole than any Treloar, Kelly or even Oliver, but we'll never know.

Guaranteed $4.8 Million

Isn't that around the figure they are suggesting the Cats are throwing at Jeremy Cameron?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back