Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
8, Future 1st and JSOS for Oliver? Holy sh*t. Midday tomorrow huh? If that is true, then I like the balls Austin is showing on us dictating things from here. Facade/smoke and mirrors or not.

And pick up Saad in the PSD thanks.

Is SOS suggesting clubs should dictate where players go and players should have no real say in it?

I’m with SOS on this one, though I don’t think we are at that stage yet.

Works in the US because they’re earning squillions and to earn those squillions they’ve given up this right...

The scales have certainly tipped in the players favour, it needed balancing but it continues to go further and further in their favour

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

SOS answered that on Friday.

If * don’t accept 18 or 19 then you’ve just given up a premium pick for 2 picks you may not really want.

In addition to that with lists reducing it may make more sense to get Saad via PSD and keep pick 8.

Getting stuck with 18 & 19 takes up 1 x additional list spot.

So don’t take an extra pick in the 1st round because it will take up an extra spot on our list.

surely we offload some later picks or just get rid of a player like Moore if we had the chance to use an extra early pick.

how long has tammy wynette been an itk?
Unclear but for 18 posts XDQ82X isn’t going too badly.....let’s test him out:

OI, XDQ82X.....who knows more about footy, me or Arrow?

(This is a simple test folks. We all know the answer. So if XDQ82X wants to keep his strike rate up (“I only post facts”) then I expect a simple “You Windows” reply to this....thereby confirming his status alongside Barrass70.)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Words like unconscionable come to mind ...

but stepping back I am not surprised as to developments creeping into the way teams are trying to cope with the structural stupidities of the current employment regime...

the sooner AFL lets Clubs trade whoever whenever they like and balances that off against players out of contract being free agents with no compensatory nonsense hanging over the heads- the better...

If any substance to Oliver- I'm surprised teh Club has even informed Essendone of a dead line- we should just go about our business - quietly without reference to the idjot meedja ( I like the quiet silence approach)

now I'm getting excited about the trade period - Willimas was a pid walk in - pass. Saad should always have been a second rounder ( to be generous ) and whoever fogarty is - is probably worth a 4th rounder judging by other trades so far...Oliver complertes the missing link- the rest are a walk in the park.

If the new team pulls Oliver to Carlton off and walks Saad through PSD or Draft or at most throws a late second rounder at Essendone as a bone - I will congratulate them as being better traders than anyone at Carlton previously.

Magnanimous of you to set such reasonable benchmarks JAB :D

Essendon are actually delusional if they think they can get

Saad for pick 8
Caldwell for a future 2nd
Dunkley for pick 6,7 or 8

Dodoro is loco

Matt Rendell was on SEN today saying Carlton should give up pick 8 for Saad because we’re effectively getting Williams and Saad for pick 8.

Then went on to say that Essendon won’t be able to get their deals done unless we give them pick 8, so that’s why we should do it.

Made zero sense - Williams bring a free agent, and why we’re somehow expected to help bombers get their trades done?

Not sure how everyone feels but it’s like xmas and I’m thinking back when I was 12 yrs old and I’m excited to what I might get

A gun onballer ✅ a gun hbflanker ✅
An unknown probable forward pocket ✅
An onballer My goodness
A great time of the year not sure what I’ll do next week probably focus on wil pukovski

Pucovski, eh?

Cat B rookie, got the temperament to become a handy lockdown small defender...

Unclear but for 18 posts XDQ82X isn’t going too badly.....let’s test him out:

OI, XDQ82X.....who knows more about footy, me or Arrow?

(This is a simple test folks. We all know the answer. So if XDQ82X wants to keep his strike rate up (“I only post facts”) then I expect a simple “You Windows” reply to this....thereby confirming his status alongside Barrass70.)
makes sense

Matt Rendell was on SEN today saying Carlton should give up pick 8 for Saad because we’re effectively getting Williams and Saad for pick 8.

Then went on to say that Essendon won’t be able to get their deals done unless we give them pick 8, so that’s why we should do it.

Made zero sense - Williams bring a free agent, and why we’re somehow expected to help bombers get their trades done?

the minute we get an opportunity to end any plans dorito has - ever, we just do it...........

Well...you got me there...I do lie awake at night worried about my post to like ratio, I think I'm trending up though.

Of course the like counter only came in a few years back, so my first ten years of solid gold has gone unrewarded. Good first two months though.

Was tempted to go back through your posting history and like everything, lift that average to 3:1, just to mess with UCM.

But then I saw you had 9000+ posts, so nah.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back