Bluemour Melting Pot XXVII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
$300K A YEAR over five years is what I expected from a BF hypothetical, not from Collingwood.

If true, it's pretty clear that Treloar staying at Collingwood is not feasible.

I only hope this drops late enough that Dogs don't have time to trade out Dunkley to *...

THIS!

Very happy with this.

The problem we have had at Carlton for many years is that we expect our young players to come in and make an impact straight away and if they don't then they are not worth persisting with. Players like LOB (+ even Dow & Stocker) are going to need some time to develop before they are ready to play AFL. Just look at Richmond, because they are so successful there draftees have 2-3 years to quietly develop in the VFL before they are rarely seen at AFL level, does anyone get concerned? Nope because they are not AFL ready.

We are getting to this stage where competition for spots is at a decade high and we don't need these players to play every week and show something straight away.

Looking at LOB, he's clearly not ready physically in terms of his body shape for AFL level. He needs to put on some size. Some players take longer to develop but someone with his running capacity and foot skills is worth persisting with. I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

Just remember Weitering, so many people were writing him off even though he was barely 21 because he wasn't showing anything at AFL level. Now look at him.

This x 10!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WOW. Just wow.

$300K A YEAR over five years is what I expected from a BF hypothetical, not from Collingwood.

If true, it's pretty clear that Treloar staying at Collingwood is not feasible.

I only hope this drops late enough that Dogs don't have time to trade out Dunkley to *...

I'm actually hoping they do land Dunkley...

It'll cost them dearly and he's not going to take them to the promise land as good as he is...

They'll remain middle range for the next 8 years.

If they don't get him, chances are they'll bottom out and have no choice but to commit to a full rebuild which I don't want them doing. I like them living in their delusional fantasy land where they're always a chance to make finals.

They kept Moore, doesn't mean much if your slightly ahead of two super ordinary footballers.

Moore's not a KPD. Not sure what he is, to be honest, but if he's the last bloke on the list that doesn't bother me too much given he seems to actually contribute week in, week out for the 2's.

I'm just saying, if the club saw Macreadie as a broken list clogger, he'd have been delisted. He wasn't delisted, ergo the club presumably feel he has more potential than Goddard and BSOS despite his injury history. Nothing to do with your opinion of him, or mine, just how it would appear the club rate him.

He's not lightning off the mark, but was previously a middle distance record holder. Went on some good runs in late 2019.

Which is weird as watching him on the wing in a game he showed average pace and stamina when an opposition player ran away from him.

I just don't see the physical tools others seem to attribute to him.

Matter of opinion of course. I see a young Gary Crane.
Takes time though to get a frame to get through games for wiry lads. 2 more preseasons and he will be there. And thats the case with the majority of youngsters. At 21 they are just starting out.
Yes please. Had the pleasure of getting to know him a bit several years ago, lovely bloke. Apparently was as hard as a cats head and a terror to play on. Stan Alves rated him his toughest opponent in a radio interview

Big call comparing to Crane ... I’ve seen nothing to suggest anything near that level ... would love nothing more than to see massive improvement in him though ...
I always look for who the current ones remind me of in style and physique. Young Crane was injured a bit also as a reward for going in with courage.

Let me get this straight.

With Gibbo upgraded to the senior list and with the inclusion of Zac, Adam and Fog we have 38 senior players.

If we delist Moore and Polson that gives us the space for two kids in the draft.

But if we trade Macreadie and LOB - two players who are far superior than Moore and Polson - are we then picking up four kids? Or just not delisting Moore and Polson? And if we’re keeping Moore and Polson how does that make any sense from list management perspective?

Please unconfuse me.
Moore is rookie list, so we need to cut one more in addition to Polson (i.e one of Macreadie or Kennedy or LOB if traded)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back