#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

Petty KPD depth imo. M Brown cut, was always a stop-gap player so nothing shocking there.
Lockhart another year/elevated from Rookie List. Jordan one more year, seems rated internally even if he hasn't played.
Chandler and Bedford? Meh, scissors paper rock for one of them to stay or just get rid of both. Neither has really set the world on fire. Do need more small pressure players though so maybe re-rookie one just as insurance?

I reckon he definitely gets a gig at another Club. 25 year old KPD with more than 80 games. Provided he wants to play on, he's good insurance elsewhere for no outlay besides salary. Also worth remembering that he played 25 games in a team that made a prelim in 2018. Yes, there were clangers (including that year), but he's a solid 28-35 player on an AFL list in a needs-based position.

And FWIW, if given a straight choice between him or Joel Smith, I would've kept OMac.

Interesting one is Petty. With BB coming in, Jackson developing & TMac staying, which end of the ground does he settle at?

Also interesting that there's no word yet on M.Brown. Would've thought he's gone based on BB & TMac both being locked in. Still awaiting Chandler, Bedford, Lockhart & Jordon calls too

Bayley Fletcher-Roberts was 23, played 50 games and won a premiership with the dogs. Never played again and no one was interested in him.
Omacs been getting worse not better as a player, if he was any good depth then we would have kept him.

Playing in our prelim team doesn't make him any better of a player, by that logic Steven Armstrong was a superstar.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People will laugh but I wouldn't be surprised if he goes into coaching at a lower level, they've always spoken pretty highly at the club of his read of the play from a defender's perspective even if he didn't have the skill or body to execute. It's what's kept him in the side the last few years.

Surprised OMac didn't get a look in at Hawthorn. They seem to have it in their club constitution that 80% of their defensive players have to have MFC breeding

Oscar was a Pick 53. So having 6 years in the system he did pretty well with 81 games.

Good luck I hope he has been wise with his money.

+1

OMac will finish with having a better career than Harrison Petty, but everyone still blows smoke up his ass.

Wish him the best. Lovely guy. Always had a lot of time at Family Day's and functions. Seems like a genuine down to earth fella. Got some great pics of him swapping hats with my then 5 year old son who loved him. Unfortunately couldn't quite make it consistently at AFL level. Had a decent 2018 season really and did ok with Frost until the infamous WCE prelim. Good luck OMac. Surprisingly wasn't a huge part of any of my melts unlike some on here..

Just heard him on sen he spoke really well hopefully he does get another crack. Someone texted in suggesting north should get him in the preseason not a bad idea just for that extra experience while they rebuild.

have you seen the videos of this campaigner almost punching on with campaigners in the crowd at his stand up shows?

Tries to kick someone in the head in one and the other one a bloke tries to bottle him

have you seen the videos of this campaigner almost punching on with campaigners in the crowd at his stand up shows?

Tries to kick someone in the head in one and the other one a bloke tries to bottle him
Oh yeah he doesn't mind giving it back to the hecklers. Mind you if you haven't tried to have ya head kicked in by the crowd are ya even a comedian

Oh yeah he doesn't mind giving it back to the hecklers. Mind you if you haven't tried to have ya head kicked in by the crowd are ya even a comedian

I love all his stuff honestly but this kicked off overseas

Pick 53 and played 70 off games for the club. In anyone's words, that's a success.

He might not have had the toughness or campaigner in him to make it, but he should be rapt to have had a decent career.

Wouldn't surprise me to see him get a gig at Adelaide, dogs or maybe even Sydney

Yeah, I have this really strong gut feeling he'll end up at Sydney. Not sure why.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back