#28 Oscar McDonald - ... aaand he's gone

Remove this Banner Ad

By gifting him games we pushed Dunn out the door. Would have been a far better side with Dunn instead of OMac.
yeah Dunns 31 games in 4 years really showed us

Dunn was lost when the game became a zonal defending style

I've never seen someone play from behind so often and be so pathetic at spoiling . 😂

Unless the ball was overkicked and landing in his lap for an intercept mark he was useless.

Last edited:

Had good patches of form in 2018 and a little after, but too often he was caught behind his man, and was never great in a contest either.

Seems like a really nice bloke though, hope he gets a gig elsewhere.
Yes it's a shame about some 'supporters' trolling him online. It's okay to dislike a player but it's never okay to attack them personally. Anyway I wish him luck unfortunately he isn't up to it, well he might get picked up elsewhere but unfortunately there's just no room for him in our team.

Yes it's a shame about some 'supporters' trolling him online. It's okay to dislike a player but it's never okay to attack them personally. Anyway I wish him luck unfortunately he isn't up to it, well he might get picked up elsewhere but unfortunately there's just no room for him in our team.
Agree. Doubt he gets another gig but would be surprised if he leaves too fond on the Dees fans on social media.

Agree. Doubt he gets another gig but would be surprised if he leaves too fond on the Dees fans on social media.

I think anyone who goes onto a players account is a flog but I listened to Gawn speak and he was laughing an said theres no one who cares less about trolling than Omac. Pretty easy going fella apparently.

Reckon he'll land at another club?

We are 100% a better team in 2017/2018 with Dunn in the side over Omac. Dunn doesn't concede 8 goals to Hawkins down at Geelong for starters.
You understand that the reason Omac was playing was that Dunn was lost in a zone defence, right?

Dunn was just as s**t, the club made the right choice with moving him on and at least trying to develop omac.

I'm not saying Omac was a success by any means but let's not rewrite history any pretend Dunn wasn't a very ordinary footballer. 2 games off being clearly the worst 200 game player of all time

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

yeah Dunns 31 games in 4 years really showed us

Dunn was lost when the game became a zonal defending style
It took Dunn a while to get a game at the Pies but up until he did his knee he was firmly entrenched in their best 22. Goodwin backed OMac to be a KPD for the next ten years and made the wrong call. It really tells you something when so many people are rejoicing his delisting while Dunn retires and leaves well respected despite only playing the 31 games.

It took Dunn a while to get a game at the Pies but up until he did his knee he was firmly entrenched in their best 22. Goodwin backed OMac to be a KPD for the next ten years and made the wrong call. It really tells you something when so many people are rejoicing his delisting while Dunn retires and leaves well respected despite only playing the 31 games.
Yeah getting rid off Dunn was a mistake. Nothing wrong with developing a player in the vfl until they're ready. Didn't hurt in 2016 but when we pushed for finals in 2017 and pushed fir top for in 18 that's when it hurt. That 2018 game against Geelong where he was mauled by Hawkins until frosty was put on him for example.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You understand that the reason Omac was playing was that Dunn was lost in a zone defence, right?

Dunn was just as sh*t, the club made the right choice with moving him on and at least trying to develop omac.

I'm not saying Omac was a success by any means but let's not rewrite history any pretend Dunn wasn't a very ordinary footballer. 2 games off being clearly the worst 200 game player of all time

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk
Yeah nah can't agree with ya. Dunn was 10x the full back Omac ever was and that zone excuse fell flat, Omac not only couldn't play in a zone but he couldn't play on a man. Atleast Dunn was very good 1 on 1

Reckon he'll land at another club?
Honestly I doubt it. He has some pretty big weaknesses as a back and wouldn't really offer much more in the short term than a draftee/other DFAs. Only 24 so still some time on his side.
I guess as a rookie for a year it might make sense for a side with weak tall depth (Sydney? North?)

Honestly I doubt it. He has some pretty big weaknesses as a back and wouldn't really offer much more in the short term than a draftee/other DFAs. Only 24 so still some time on his side.
I guess as a rookie for a year it might make sense for a side with weak tall depth (Sydney? North?)
Honestly the two teams I thought of. cheers.

Yeah nah can't agree with ya. Dunn was 10x the full back Omac ever was and that zone excuse fell flat, Omac not only couldn't play in a zone but he couldn't play on a man. Atleast Dunn was very good 1 on 1
Dunn was cooked so the club tried to develop the kid. It was the right idea but unfortunately OMac just never came good

Dunn is being remembered as a much better footballer than he was

Dunn was in Collingwoods best 22 as their defense was ******* terrible not because he was any good

Either way there is no point of arguing, Dunn is/was s**t and so was OMac.

Dunn was cooked so the club tried to develop the kid. It was the right idea but unfortunately OMac just never came good

Dunn is being remembered as a much better footballer than he was
Played 31 games in a row for them before he did his knee, would have played in their GF side in 18.
Still think we could have used him in 18 when we only had Frost and Omac.

Played 31 games in a row for them before he did his knee, would have played in their GF side in 18.
Still think we could have used him in 18 when we only had Frost and Omac.
we could have potentially used him, but the club knew we needed better KPD'ers than him so they tried to develop Omac. I didn't pan out but replacing Omac with Dunn wouldn't have improved our team at all

With Collingwood look at their list of talls in 2018. Dunn was getting a game because they got him for cheap and he would have been on peanuts not because he was any good. Other than Moore (who I cant remember if he had moved down back yet) there KPD'ers stocks were ******* pathetic
1605651800898.png

But look both Dunn and OMac are/were very ordinary footballers so I'm not trying to say Oscar was any good rather I could see why the club went down the path of trying to develop him

we could have potentially used him, but the club knew we needed better KPD'ers than him so they tried to develop Omac. I didn't pan out but replacing Omac with Dunn wouldn't have improved our team at all

With Collingwood look at their list of talls in 2018. Dunn was getting a game because they got him for cheap and he would have been on peanuts not because he was any good. Other than Moore (who I cant remember if he had moved down back yet) there KPD'ers stocks were ******* pathetic
View attachment 1013712

But look both Dunn and OMac are/were very ordinary footballers so I'm not trying to say Oscar was any good rather I could see why the club went down the path of trying to develop him

Fair enough, from my own view though I never rated Omac at all and would have preferred a cooked Dunn.

Pretty nuts that we lost both key defenders and almost both key forwards from the prelim just 2 years. Shows how much we over achieved

Fair enough, from my own view though I never rated Omac at all and would have preferred a cooked Dunn.

Pretty nuts that we lost both key defenders and almost both key forwards from the prelim just 2 years. Shows how much we over achieved
yeah fair enough, I reckon it would be a 50/50 split between the two

Losing both our KPD'ers wasn't a massive shock they were always on borrowed time. But to think we lost our two KPF's that were both fairly young and had just kicked 100+ goals between them is pretty mind boggling really

We were a poor mans 2016 Bulldogs, everything just clicked for 4-5 weeks. Average football players just went to peak form until we went to Perth

yeah fair enough, I reckon it would be a 50/50 split between the two

Losing both our KPD'ers wasn't a massive shock they were always on borrowed time. But to think we lost our two KPF's that were both fairly young and had just kicked 100+ goals between them is pretty mind boggling really

We were a poor mans 2016 Bulldogs, everything just clicked for 4-5 weeks. Average football players just went to peak form until we went to Perth

Similarities are pretty crazy too, inside dominant team that had one move that worked, they had their crazy handball chain and we had our numbers off the back of the square and run and gun.
They had Hamling and that other campaigner who was delisted. We had Omac and Frost
They had some forwards like Boyd who played above themselves, we had Tmac.

And both been pretty average since.

I reckon he definitely gets a gig at another Club. 25 year old KPD with more than 80 games. Provided he wants to play on, he's good insurance elsewhere for no outlay besides salary. Also worth remembering that he played 25 games in a team that made a prelim in 2018. Yes, there were clangers (including that year), but he's a solid 28-35 player on an AFL list in a needs-based position.

And FWIW, if given a straight choice between him or Joel Smith, I would've kept OMac.

Interesting one is Petty. With BB coming in, Jackson developing & TMac staying, which end of the ground does he settle at?

Also interesting that there's no word yet on M.Brown. Would've thought he's gone based on BB & TMac both being locked in. Still awaiting Chandler, Bedford, Lockhart & Jordon calls too

Remove this Banner Ad

Back