Training Preseason 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

Dont want to go down this path but he is an anti vaxer isnt he?
Not sure if he’s an anti vaxer but in Konrads latest books it’s pretty clear he made his thoughts clear on the restrictions that were pushed on clubs and society in general

Mentions him ripping posters down from around the club and stuff
It got to the point where Gale had to have a chat to him about it all because it was affecting his attitude

Does anyone know if a team ever lost a premiership when finishing minor premiers during the challenge system years?
Not sure. They would have had to lose consecutive finals for that to happen.

Could have though.

Are we all excited for the coming season? I can't wait personally. Premiership or not I'm really enjoying watching the kids develop and I have a gut feel that a few of our kids are going to really step up this year.

It's honestly still an odd feeling, being optimistic about Richmond. Never would have imagined we'd be in this position.

Are we all excited for the coming season? I can't wait personally. Premiership or not I'm really enjoying watching the kids develop and I have a gut feel that a few of our kids are going to really step up this year.

It's honestly still an odd feeling, being optimistic about Richmond. Never would have imagined we'd be in this position.

It’s a weird feeling. Knowing the inevitable is coming at some stage but still trying to ride this wave.

It’s a weird feeling. Knowing the inevitable is coming at some stage but still trying to ride this wave.
I honestly don't think I'll mind the inevitable... It'll probably suck once we hit it, but the pride I have in the club should see us through those dark days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is a strange feeling isn't it. I genuinely believe that if we get a favourable run with injuries this season, which we haven't had for the last two, we may just be very hard to stop.

It's all about the hunger. If our guys still have it, then we'll be right there at the pointy end.

It is a strange feeling isn't it. I genuinely believe that if we get a favourable run with injuries this season, which we haven't had for the last two, we may just be very hard to stop.

It's all about the hunger. If our guys still have it, then we'll be right there at the pointy end.
I might have too much faith, but I don't think hunger is an issue for these guys. Not with the kids who have missed out on a GF knowing the window is open and they could be a part of it. Our senior players seem pretty good at feeding of the youthful energy. And Dusty has that look of "I want to eat 'em alive!"

As for injuries, well that's uncontrollable to an extent, but our staff keep our boys in really good condition and help them heal really well. Add that to the fact I rate our depth and I'm pretty confident well go deep again.

I might have too much faith, but I don't think hunger is an issue for these guys. Not with the kids who have missed out on a GF knowing the window is open and they could be a part of it. Our senior players seem pretty good at feeding of the youthful energy. And Dusty has that look of "I want to eat 'em alive!"

As for injuries, well that's uncontrollable to an extent, but our staff keep our boys in really good condition and help them heal really well. Add that to the fact I rate our depth and I'm pretty confident well go deep again.
Okay, so it's not just me then.

I'm looking forward to 2 or 3 of our younger guys taking the next step and forcing their way into the side on a regular basis. Ross in particular.

I agree they do look hungry. I reckon that three peat and to become probably the best team in the AFL era would be the underlying message driving the group. Win it this year. We surpass Brisbane and Hawthorn IMO. Although Hawks were a longer dynasty 08-15

I reckon some of the guys will drop a bit after 2020 - it was such and emotional year (Although that's true for all clubs). But some of them will be much happier to be at home and more motivated to make history. And the kids will have bottled up energy and ambition after 2020 hardly playing. If we manage it well we should be able to build through the season and have a hungry and fit squad come finals.

Okay, so it's not just me then.

I'm looking forward to 2 or 3 of our younger guys taking the next step and forcing their way into the side on a regular basis. Ross in particular.
Ross for sure. Stack I'm hoping has a blinder. I want to see some of Martyn. My boy Shorty I feel could overtake Houli.

I agree they do look hungry. I reckon that three peat and to become probably the best team in the AFL era would be the underlying message driving the group. Win it this year. We surpass Brisbane and Hawthorn IMO. Although Hawks were a longer dynasty 08-15
I've felt a bit weird referring to this period as a dynasty... Not that I don't think we deserve it. I can't really explain it, but if we threepeat then I won't have any issues at all.

If they are serious, they could potentially dominate this year. We used to somewhat struggle (or not care for) playing interstate and in front of a hostile crowd, but now we've won a Premiership on the back of those two conditions. So, if we still are motivated, it means that we can basically play anywhere and in multiple conditions. Interesting to see if Miller debuts this season

The thing that is lowering my anticipation though is the whole COVID-19 restrictions thing. The A-League has become so dull (more so than before if someone already found it dull) because of the changes in fixturing due to travel restrictions. The league started on 28/12 and some teams have already played 4 games while another played their very first game a couple of days ago. That would really put a dampener on the season if it were to occur in AFL.

Hopefully COVID-19 community transmission remains at 0 across all states.

The thing that is lowering my anticipation though is the whole COVID-19 restrictions thing. The A-League has become so dull (more so than before if someone already found it dull) because of the changes in fixturing due to travel restrictions. The league started on 28/12 and some teams have already played 4 games while another played their very first game a couple of days ago. That would really put a dampener on the season if it were to occur in AFL.

Hopefully COVID-19 community transmission remains at 0 across all states.
Didn't realise it was that bad at the A-League at the moment. Yeah fingers crossed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back