Mega Thread 2021 Off-Season Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Who made the poor decision to move three of the more popular threads on the Fremantle board to the desolation pit that is the purple horde :rolleyes:

Help!

My 1.5 year old keeps running around saying ‘Blue Yellow!’ and I don’t know what to do. Have tried saying ‘purple’ repeatedly to no avail. Any tips on how to exercise this vile demon?

Hmm could try water boarding?

My nearest was empty yesterday around midday...my theory that all the idiots panic shopping the day before would be at home recovering after their ordeal, proved quite sound.
Same, I went down yesterday afternoon and was able to get face masks - centre was almost empty and everyone was wearing masks.

No toilet paper though :rolleyes:

Help!

My 1.5 year old keeps running around saying ‘Blue Yellow!’ and I don’t know what to do. Have tried saying ‘purple’ repeatedly to no avail. Any tips on how to exercise this vile demon?
Subliminal "purple" messages oughta do the trick! Get episodes of Barney playing on YouTube posthaste, get in some quality Sesame Street counting time with the Count, take them out to look at the Agapanthus flowers, play "Purple Rain" until it's etched in their brains...and if all of that fails... You don't happen to have an old recording of the "Such is Life" documentary, do you? Five minutes of listening to Ben Cousins speak, followed by a cautionary, "He was blue and yellow", might just do it! Haha

Get this comment a lot. What exactly has NSW shown? Their strategy has literally been tell the surrounding areas to quarantine ( not enforceable, still stay alert but do your own thing) and hope people listen. Really don’t understand what’s so revolutionary about NSW’s response.
Gladys has been damn lucky tbh. Not many have really taken it seriously within NSW. People don’t wear masks, nightlife still continues on. Just be thankful NSW somehow didn’t have an outbreak like Victoria’s, because they would’ve been stuffed
I’m in Sydney for now, and have been since before Christmas. Before that was back in Fremantle. Yes they isolate suburbs here, but more importantly is the amount of testing they do when that happens. Information about which regions are at risk and who should be tested is clear, and the testing process is pretty good.

I preferred what was happening in WA but the scale of Sydney makes a huge difference, and the natural isolation of WA makes the total lockdown strategy much more practical.

I’m in Sydney for now, and have been since before Christmas. Before that was back in Fremantle. Yes they isolate suburbs here, but more importantly is the amount of testing they do when that happens. Information about which regions are at risk and who should be tested is clear, and the testing process is pretty good.

I preferred what was happening in WA but the scale of Sydney makes a huge difference, and the natural isolation of WA makes the total lockdown strategy much more practical.
Hey guys, good news - the politics thread is open again.

I went to my local Woolies at about 8pm last night (they close at 9pm). Virtually had the joint to myself. Wandered around and picked up the dozen or so things I needed and was home by 8.30pm.
Didn’t need bog rolls (I live on my own so no women in the house to use half a roll each visit to the loo) so no idea if there was any there.

WTF the AFL Live app isn’t showing live matches this season.
*Deletes app immediately*
Yeh crap hey ! luckily I'm with Telstra so managed to get the $5 per month Kayo deal. But yeh ,very ordinary . Whats the point in calling the app "AFL Live" ...

I could be asking a dumb question here but does anyone know how these fires started? We haven’t had any lightning to ignite things. A burn off gone wrong or deliberately lit? Haven’t heard much about them because of the spicy cough coverage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder when Luke Trew was first introduced to ice? I’d be willing to bet it was when he was at WCE.
When will Zane Trew first be introduced to ice??

We'll see
So after five days what have you seen? Because surely this wasn't one of those placeholder posts that you would only return to if I was proven to be wrong, but never return to otherwise?

I could be asking a dumb question here but does anyone know how these fires started? We haven’t had any lightning to ignite things. A burn off gone wrong or deliberately lit? Haven’t heard much about them because of the spicy cough coverage.
Vehicles, power lines etc, cigarettes, campfires are just some of the other things that can also be causes.

So after five days what have you seen? Because surely this wasn't one of those placeholder posts that you would only return to if I was proven to be wrong, but never return to otherwise?
If the Titanic didn't hit the iceberg, is it a vindication of the owning company's negligence?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back