News Coronavirus (COVID-19) Discussion Thread III - L6ckdown

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, given I didn't vote for Andrews at the last election and won't be voting for him at the next one, I'm unsure how I'm defending him due to "political allegiance".

I already defined your political worldview remember.

Parochial.

Yeah, I remember - you insulted me. Want to try again without being a flog? Given how intelligent and worldly you are always telling people you are, it should be easy enough for you.

He has openly praised and celebrated the fact that this government has made mistakes that have directly led to many hundreds of deaths in this state - nothing more nothing less. His 'excuse' is we have had less deaths than overseas countries.

If you want to comment then read the posts - other stfu.

Interesting that on one hand you blast Andrews for mistakes allowing deaths to occur, and then on the other hand condemn him for the latest lockdown, which WAS overkill, but specifically so to prevent more potential deaths from occurring.

It's fair enough to criticise mistakes and Victoria's contract tracing/quarantine methods. But when those things fail then wtf is the alternative other than to lockdown and MAKE SURE there can be no stuff ups?

It could be said but it would be wrong. Just as implying that people don't understand that covid is a global phenomenon because they highlight specific local circumstances and issues is wrong.

The idea that it is a global thing and we can't do anything about it is intellectually lazy and not supported by the facts.

And not what I've ever ever said.

It is funny how so many otherwise intelligent people, stupid people, and a once intelligent person that's sadly had a breakdown, wish to impose their own worldview/neurosis/anger/frustration on me.

They flat stick lie.

I have said time and time again, go and do a search, the Andrews Government has made terrible mistakes in handling COVID.

But I can see beyond my driveway and recognise that every government on Earth has made terrible mistakes dealing with COVID.

Some government mistakes have been less costly than those made by the Andrews government.

Some far more costly.

Again, billions of people would swap places with you right now.

You have it absolutely great.

If you want to say DESPITE what the Andrews government has done, fine, go for it.

Yeah, I remember - you insulted me. Want to try again without being a flog? Given how intelligent and worldly you are always telling people you are, it should be easy enough for you.

I can only go on the evidence that I see.

Why don't you tell me?

That's generally the easiest way.

Or it could be said you and others have wanted to ignore the deaths of millions worldwide because it upsets a certain narrative

Response 2.

I was actually standing up for you against what was a pretty outrageous slur and didn't mischaracterise your narrative. You respond with a slur that actually does mischaracterise my position.

Poor form!

Interesting that on one hand you blast Andrews for mistakes allowing deaths to occur, and then on the other hand condemn him for the latest lockdown, which WAS overkill, but specifically so to prevent more potential deaths from occurring.

It's fair enough to criticise mistakes and Victoria's contract tracing/quarantine methods. But when those things fail then wtf is the alternative other than to lockdown and MAKE SURE there can be no stuff ups?

Don't bother.

These people were sooking about Andrews before all this.

They would have been sooking about him if it had never happened.

It is actually THEY who are leveraging the deaths of 800 Victorians from a natural disaster for political purposes.

It is very distasteful, but they aren't exactly what you'd call quality people judging by their posting.

Response 2.

I was actually standing up for you against what was a pretty outrageous slur and didn't mischaracterise your narrative. You respond with a slur that actually does mischaracterise my position.

Poor form!

It is true the SBTDTB has been dismissive of comparative outcomes as a measure of state performance during the pandemic. that can come across as perhaps being cavalier about the fatalities. It is completely unfair to say he has celebrated deaths though

You said I can come across as being cavalier about fatalities.

I said you can come across as ignoring millions of deaths.

I appreciate the intent, but also mischaracterised my position.

ALL the deaths are awful. It is one of the worst natural disasters to ever hit our planet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And not what I've ever ever said.

It is funny how so many otherwise intelligent people, stupid people, and a once intelligent person that's sadly had a breakdown, wish to impose their own worldview/neurosis/anger/frustration on me.

They flat stick lie.

I have said time and time again, go and do a search, the Andrews Government has made terrible mistakes in handling COVID.

But I can see beyond my driveway and recognise that every government on Earth has made terrible mistakes dealing with COVID.

Some government mistakes have been less costly than those made by the Andrews government.

Some far more costly.

Again, billions of people would swap places with you right now.

You have it absolutely great.

If you want to say DESPITE what the Andrews government has done, fine, go for it.

You say do say this but you also repeatedly refused to concede that within the context of Australia, where we have performed very well as a country overall, there are significant differences between the performances of the various state governments. That is the singular argument on which you differ from a majority of the posters here.
I suspect it comes from having an ideological standpoint that leaves you completely unable to concede that an LNP Government has managed anything better than an alternative to the left. As I said that is suspicion and we know they can be wrong.

Yeah, like I thought - easier to sit and throw insults and high five your buddies over how you won an internet argument than to actually engage with people.

I'm engaging with you know.

Tell me what your political allegience/position is.

You do like to do the old "Oh I'm just a humble person having an opinion" act when actually, in reality, you can chuck stones with the best.

I'm engaging with you know.

Tell me what your political allegience/position is.

You do like to do the old "Oh I'm just a humble person having an opinion" act when actually, in reality, you can chuck stones with the best.

You've made plenty of inferences about my character - either direct or otherwise. Show me that you're willing to engage properly in a discussion by telling me what my posting indicates, in a good faith discussion, and then I will give you a proper response.

Australia is still doing the best here as well. Not against vaccines but look how much data we can use before assessing.. we don’t need it urgently so let the guinea pigs go first..

This is pretty much my view.

mRNA vaccines are like shuffling 1000 decks of cards, picking one out, and predicting no deleterious outcomes. I'm sure a lot of work has been done with this, but I would still rather wait & see.

I'm confident it will halt the virus, but it's the possible metabolic spinoffs that are cause for caution. Basically it's a weighing exercise depending upon a person's individual vulnerability.

You say do say this but you also repeatedly refused to concede that within the context of Australia, where we have performed very well as a country overall, there are significant differences between the performances of the various state governments. That is the singular argument on which you differ from a majority of the posters here.

No, I've said that repeatedly up the thread.

I suspect it comes from having an ideological standpoint that leaves you completely unable to concede that an LNP Government has managed anything better than an alternative to the left. As I said that is suspicion and we know they can be wrong.

Which LNP government?

And what have they managed better?

Because if it is the LNP govt in NSW, well, no, the facts do not support this assertion.

They have had the benefit of a wide range of factors lessening the impact of their mistakes, but they have still made all the mistakes made elsewhere

Indeed, they still don't know where the virus that caused their recent weeks long lockdown came from!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Israel were smart and convinced Astra Zeneca that they would be perfect as the Beta country. It means they got priority allocation of doses in return for allowing them to use the country and their data for research and validation.

They were smart agreed.

They are also a heavily militarised very small country with immense practice at community cohesion in times of crisis. They have strong infrastructure in place to lean on in these times.

Yes, they've done well with vaccinations, but they also have compulsory military service and regular rocket attacks.

You've made plenty of inferences about my character - either direct or otherwise. Show me that you're willing to engage properly in a discussion by telling me what my posting indicates, in a good faith discussion, and then I will give you a proper response.

I literally have already - your posting indicated a parochial worldview.

Tell me how I'm wrong.

Israel were smart and convinced Astra Zeneca that they would be perfect as the Beta country. It means they got priority allocation of doses in return for allowing them to use the country and their data for research and validation.
They are a canny mob. They'll be up and about in a few months.

That being said, I agree with the other guys. I am very happy to sit this out for a few months.

Australia is still doing the best here as well. Not against vaccines but look how much data we can use before assessing.. we don’t need it urgently so let the guinea pigs go first..

That was the Government view. That because we were doing well we could take our time and conduct proper analysis and authorisation whereas the US and the UK rushed to emergency use authorisation because they were in such dire straits.
The good news is that the data coming out of Israel in particular, and the UK, strongly validates the effectiveness of the vaccine rollouts.

Given you can't even spell the name of a North all time great correctly - something of a pattern with you unhinged weirdos on the North board - I'm just going to move past your offensive claim about "celebrating death" on the grounds you clearly have some form of mental impairment, most likely an acquired one.
He may just be a fan of the Peer Gynt Suite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back