Preview Rnd 3 - Carlton v Fremantle Sunday 4th April 3.20PM @ Etihad

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game today and couldn’t agree. Gov was poor during the first half, and snagged a few in the second half only due to some good running and entries by O’Brien & co. Gov’s leads & running patterns were poor and seemed to be out of puff. Needs more time in the reserves.
How was stocker in the middle show enough run yet? Honey looks to have filled out

Yeah seemed a good day out at Optus oval. Gov seems a certainty to come in, he is exactly what we are missing, athletic marking 'tall' who gets the ball on the lead (unless the sh*t gov we all know turns up and does SFA)

Sent from my CPH2005 using Tapatalk
He want have LOB hitting him lace out in the ones.

Just getting ready for the post match...

“I back this group. I believe in them. When we get it going our way I believe in us. We need to be stronger in the contest and we need to play harder for longer.”

I will keep saying this, Teague broken record style:

I believe in this group too. I just don’t believe in the coaching group.

Teaguey presser bingo. :thumbsu:

Reckon Weiters is ready for a stint forward yet? *ducks for cover*

If we are going to play Casboult it has to be as a defender imo. Seriously though, Weiters is a different player now, I think he is clearly good enough to cause huge problems forward if called upon. Teague is so predictable with his structures though, I doubt we'll see it so no need to yell at me.
Couldn’t agree with this more, he needs some confidence in his body and he’s decent reading the play behind the ball. I think we’ll see a lot of Cripps in the forward line and I hope Silvagni and Setters get thrown in the middle and take turns tagging Mundy. Got a good feeling about this one tomorrow!

He’s a fumbler. They don’t know where to play him any more.
Another early pick that is bad... not injured, just bad. So we pick up early picks that can’t play, injured early picks that can’t get on the track. We trade pick 4, who is still playing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kennedy. For Judd AND pick 3. It’s Harvard Business School on Royal Parade! * me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about it....the more it’s hard to fathom how Murph gets a game ahead of Kennedy. Kennedy is a very useful half forward. Terrific mark, nice shot for goal. Uses the ball well. Tackles much better than Murph.

Murphy racks up a lot of GPS running stats and pops up in very handy places and is good for a few forwad entries a game - that isnt Kennedy's go.
I think Teague has settled on his preferred starting 18-20 players and will only chnge them out if injured. Williamson is like LoB, Cuningham - short leash nto really rated. SPS may be in trouble too when Marchbank/Newman become available. I doubt Dow will get a gig when Martin and Fisher get back along with TDK.

Al that is ok with me- as long as we are winning - probalem is Teague needs a few wins now - Collingwood was a really bad loss.

Reckon Weiters is ready for a stint forward yet? *ducks for cover*

If we are going to play Casboult it has to be as a defender imo. Seriously though, Weiters is a different player now, I think he is clearly good enough to cause huge problems forward if called upon. Teague is so predictable with his structures though, I doubt we'll see it so no need to yell at me.
I seem to remember SOS being pushed forward a couple of times back in the 90's and that turned out alright! It won't happen but would be an interesting experiment: think everyone of us would like to see Weiters kick a bag.

Just getting ready for the post match...

“I back this group. I believe in them. When we get it going our way I believe in us. We need to be stronger in the contest and we need to play harder for longer.”

I will keep saying this, Teague broken record style:

Sounds like you’re a poster who is ITK. While I’ve enjoyed your training insight and posts all I see atm is justification and rationalisation from a delusional coaching group.
for the record. I’d rather stop watching footy than not following Carlton and let’s be real. There are many soft, “decent footballers” who take the piss and tasks our money!

I seem to remember SOS being pushed forward a couple of times back in the 90's and that turned out alright! It won't happen but would be an interesting experiment: think everyone of us would like to see Weiters kick a bag.
Well he kicked 200 goals the old SOS in his career so that must have been a couple of cracking day outs he had 😂 😉

I can't believe these guys are serious when they're keeping Casboult in the team and omitting OMac...

Willo got dropped (rightly so) but my gut feel is it was easier for them to make that call so they did it...

They've sent a clear message that no matter what you do, we're going to keep accepting mediocrity from these older blokes until they retire.

It's not just about winning tomorrow, it's about building trust and confidence among the group going forward.

It's just more of the same old... another coach with no balls and he wants the playing group to take him seriously... yeah right.

Weiters is a long way from SOS. SOS played as a key forward as a teenager. I think in under 17 Teal Cup team he and Gary Lyon played as key forwards. So if he ever shifted forward it was a craft he was used to and not something completely new to him. Weiters is a key back and always has been. I'm sure he can kick 2 or 3 forward if playing there a bit but his best work is as a key back. He never going to be capable of 8 or 10 goals bags up forward like SOS could. Plus we do not have luxury of even trying Weiters key forward as we now not got many key defender options after they stop developing Macreadie and Ben Silvagni there. We also had Hugh Goddard that was basically just back up for injuries. Now we have to hope Marchbank gets back from injury and hope neither of Weiters or Jones gets injured.

Another early pick that is bad... not injured, just bad. So we pick up early picks that can’t play, injured early picks that can’t get on the track. We trade pick 4, who is still playing!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kennedy. For Judd AND pick 3. It’s Harvard Business School on Royal Parade! fu** me.

Setters was building from 2019 to 2020. He just had a mare for the first 2 games.

He was competing, but his acceleration and agility are shot.

Paul Sabatini from BlueAbroad was at the game and just posted his review on YouTube. Very positive about Stocker who he thought was close to BOG. Says he as a swagger about him and is moving well across the ground. Also has the tank now to play out a game.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Opposition teams LOVE playing against Marc Murphy. They feed off the softness he radiates, it gives them confidence that there is a weak link that can be repeatedly exploited.

Cuningham - pace, tricks, finishing skills, good in the contest. Nah, let’s stick with Murph. Again.
His legacy is diminishing by the week.
Cant the bloody club see this?

This has been me for some time. Coaching group just given me no reason to believe in them since dropping games like against Hawks last year and seemingly learning nothing from it. The problem as a supporter is , I do not really know if it because there is no challenging thinking within the coaching group itself or whether Teague just is not anything more than a good guy that speaks well as assistant coach but is not a strong enough leader to be a genuine head coach. He needs some wins and momentum to have people believe in him as a head coach. Honeymoon period well and truly past. Three or four wins in a row is needed or not many Carlton supporters sick of losing or getting close are going to remain patient with lack of progress with this team under his coaching. This season has barely got going. Hopefully he shows he can be an impactful coach soon. First two games have been entertaining but means diddly squat if the wins do not start being tallied up.

Last edited:
Club/selection committee clearly missed its chance in making a statement with team selection, Casboult can’t f’kn move wtf and Murphy zero pressure who isn’t auto B22 anymore certainly shouldn’t be gifted games...
Many more on notice, bring the pressure and defensive output or its back to the reserves, simples...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back