Bluemour Melting Pot XXVIII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some reassuring news about Harry re-signing with us..i am very confident he will stay with us, but still a little bit of anxiety remains.

And yes, I will own up and admit I suggested we trade him 2 weeks ago for the no 1 pick from Norf. What can I say, I am a goose.

But yes, barass70 Can you help a Blues Brother out here ?

I didn’t know you suggested that. Mate, what were you thinking? :p

ITKs should learn to only post when it’s wanted, in a way that is humble but provides sufficient detail, and then leave the board until more information is wanted.

Think the last time barass posted was a couple of months back, 10cp I don’t remember, EP no longer posts.

... wonder why that would be?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Because we built them up and then tore them down?

Am I doing this right?

One of my occasional brain farts I'm afraid. Possibly/probably the worst thing I have ever posted here tbh

In all fairness to you, this draft is supposed to be a very good one.

It’s just that Harry McKay has best KPF in the league potential and he is only 23 (doesn’t turn 24 until December 24th), so he is in the right age bracket for our club. :p

Sounds like the senior players aren’t comfortable being uncomfortable and can see that the free ride they’ve had the last 7-10 years at minimum isn’t the norm anymore. I want Teague to continue this mantra when needed. Emphasis on when needed. We need to change the culture and it won’t unless there’s a enormous shift in direction of how seriously we are taking both our on field and off field performances. Off field we are really doing well and getting s**t done. If they don’t like that they can’t put in a sub par performance or “honourable losses” and get away with it consistently any more - then yeah they can * off.

Sounds like the senior players aren’t comfortable being uncomfortable and can see that the free ride they’ve had the last 7-10 years at minimum isn’t the norm anymore. I want Teague to continue this mantra when needed. Emphasis on when needed. We need to change the culture and it won’t unless there’s a enormous shift in direction of how seriously we are taking both our on field and off field performances. Off field we are really doing well and getting sh*t done. If they don’t like that they can’t put in a sub par performance or “honourable losses” and get away with it consistently any more - then yeah they can fu** off.

The words “honourable losses” isn’t a thing anymore with Carlton. We are a club that should be within that 8th to 10th bracket, so any loss should hurt the club for the next week. Previous years they were seen as a way to shoot up in the draft.

The words “honourable losses” isn’t a thing anymore with Carlton. We are a club that should be within that 8th to 10th bracket, so any loss should hurt the club for the next week. Previous years they were seen as a way to shoot up in the draft.

Absolutely shouldn’t be a thing. Which is why I’m saying if any player still has that mentality then they aren’t for us anymore and we have outgrown them. And you’ll be able to spot them out very easily in a side that has a lot of players who want to win at all costs.

Bigger question mark for mine is over the clubs player development .
If a clubs player development is poor and i think that it is well recognised as poor then thats going to put question marks over any recruiter .
However in the clubs defence i have no doubt our horror run of injury since the start of 2018 has had an impact on player development overall .

A bit of everything I reckon. SOS had more than enough misses up at the GWS too & at the pointy end.
- Selections, top & late picks
- Trades
- Injuries (prone to trading for injured folk too)
- Development

Jury is really out on SOS’s tenure & results from the selections & decisions made since the inaugural draft of 2015.

Is it Agresta or Austin though?

Agreed on #8 as massive overs for Saad.
Was apparently quite heavily tagged on Sunday, that's why he didn't have his usual amazing output.

Nonetheless, over these 3 games so far he's averaged 23 touches, 3.3 rebound 50s, 5 intercepts, 4.3 ground ball gets, 12.7 pressure acts, 1.3 score launches and over 400m gained per game.

I'd say that's worth pick 8 for me.

Was apparently quite heavily tagged on Sunday, that's why he didn't have his usual amazing output.

Nonetheless, over these 3 games so far he's averaged 23 touches, 3.3 rebound 50s, 5 intercepts, 4.3 ground ball gets, 12.7 pressure acts, 1.3 score launches and over 400m gained per game.

I'd say that's worth pick 8 for me.
Yeah I'm not sure why people would be complaining about pick 8 for Saad. He has been great and we would have fudged the pick/development anyways.

Yeah I'm not sure why people would be complaining about pick 8 for Saad. He has been great and we would have fudged the pick/development anyways.
Not to re-hash a tired old argument, but a lot of people (myself being one) couldn't understand why we would give the 'stains a leg-up by giving them pick 8 when we could have just got Saad to nominate for the draft and taken him with pick 8 ourselves. No-one was going to use any of picks 1 - 7 to take him before us.

Therefore we could have got him for the same "cost" but the 'stains would have got nothing. Instead, they got an extra top 10 draft pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not to re-hash a tired old argument, but a lot of people (myself being one) couldn't understand why we would give the 'stains a leg-up by giving them pick 8 when we could have just got Saad to nominate for the draft and taken him with pick 8 ourselves. No-one was going to use any of picks 1 - 7 to take him before us.

Therefore we could have got him for the same "cost" but the 'stains would have got nothing. Instead, they got an extra top 10 draft pick.
Not a great way of doing business in the long run with that approach.

Not a great way of doing business in the long run with that approach.
Yeah, cos Dodoro is such a reasonable negotiator ...

I don't think anyone in the comp would look negatively at Carlton for doing that to Dodoro. And if I remember correctly, there were ITK's who mentioned that Saad had even said he was willing to go through the pre-season draft, given the way the 'stains had dumped on him on his way out.

Anyway, like I said, let's not do a re-hash of all that. He's in our team now, and doing a fine job so far.

Yeah, cos Dodoro is such a reasonable negotiator ...

I don't think anyone in the comp would look negatively at Carlton for doing that to Dodoro. And if I remember correctly, there were ITK's who mentioned that Saad had even said he was willing to go through the pre-season draft, given the way the 'stains had dumped on him on his way out.

Anyway, like I said, let's not do a re-hash of all that. He's in our team now, and doing a fine job so far.
The club is always bigger than the individual. Great approach by the blues.

You are now what is known in these parts as an itk poster. Please assume the position.

Don't forget the coat, fur fedora and cane.. it's in the standard ITK welcome pack remember..

giphy-7.gif

100%....there was no need to do that trade.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

100%....there was no need to do that trade.

what if we want one of their’s as a free agent? If we had annoyed them with Saad their supporters would not handle losing Zachary for a first rounder. If they do they can argue from under their rocks that they killed us over Saad. That was part of the thinking- the test now is can we land him?

what if we want one of their’s as a free agent? If we had annoyed them with Saad their supporters would not handle losing Zachary for a first rounder. If they do they can argue from under their rocks that they killed us over Saad. That was part of the thinking- the test now is can we land him?

That’s a fair point CC.....I was referring to the Saad trade in isolation. In my opinion Dodoro will do nothing to give Carlton any sort of advantage. Zach won’t be at Carlton if we’re relying on Dodo being a nice fella.

A bit of everything I reckon. SOS had more than enough misses up at the GWS too & at the pointy end.
- Selections, top & late picks
- Trades
- Injuries (prone to trading for injured folk too)
- Development
Sos put a shocking list together at the Giants. Stuff it up just like Gold Coast. Didn’t bring enough talent in. Can’t believe he let go Cameron, Treloar, Shiel, Adams, Steele, Williams, Wilson, Lobb, Tomlinson to name a few.

Sos ticks:
Harry
Charlie
Jacob
Jsos
TDK
Fish
Gibbo
Martin
Sps
Pitto
Plowman (just)
Walsh
Willo

Jury out:
Stocker
Setters
Lob (looks a bust)
Newman
Dow (looks a bust)
Mitch
Caleb( injury prone)
Kennedy
Honey
Owies
Cunners
Cottrell
Kemp

Austin ticks:
Saad
Williams
Fogarty (gem)
Parks (looks a player)

Yet to play
Durdin
Carroll

2017 draft will haunt us for a long time.
Cerra
Naughton
Clark
Coffield
Brander
Bailey
Allen
Balta
Worpel
Miers

TDK the only shining light.

Actually I said board members and current and past players. You chose to omit the second part in your analysis.

What I actually said was:

You choose to leave out the words "from time to time".

Also left out the words "some of the information posted here". Not to "correct the things we have got wrong".

Your phrasing makes it sound as if I have read this thread in detail for 5 years and am posting to correct all of the errors. My actual wording suggested I have read it from time to time and wanted to correct the errors I was aware of. These related to the idea that Murphy is not a great servant of the club, that Teague is soft and that Cripps wants to back to WA.

I am not trying to walk back anything. You seem to want to make assumptions to suit an anti-Board narrative you have. I am not going to continue to engage with such deception.

I won't speak for others, but I definitely will not be posting any rumours I hear again on this board. They are clearly not welcome.

I originally intended to post and go (as others suggested a good rumour person does), but then I read where what I had posted was being interpreted in a way that was not intended - so I tried to do the right thing and correct it (rather than mislead people). That was clearly a mistake.

I don't have a problem with people posting in here. I found your style of writing very self congratulatory and quite arrogant. It's a total turn off for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back