Review Rd 10: Your saturday night shellacking vs the Saints and the legendary Bytel

Remove this Banner Ad

At least you guys saved me 2 hours after I switched off in the 2nd quarter.
Best of luck for the year, you have a great side and hopefully stop Richmond or Geelong winning it again.

you missed 2 quarters of Bytel? Show the man some respect

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was the second week in a row where JJ was willing to run and tackle, as long as he keeps that up I don't care if he doesn't kick very much.

Willing to get his hands dirty now.

Someone shared a post from the Saints board where someone talked about how Bytel could match Libba in this game to help the Saints win it. It went down as well as you could expect, and everyone had a good laugh about it in the lead up to the game
Gotta love the eternal optimism. We still have people holding out for Hanners and people still think taking McCartin was the ‘right decision at the time’

Last time I saw the team play at Docklands we won 137 - 33 v Essendon
Then about 17 months later we win 144 - 33

me going to the footy in vast irregular intervals might be better than Chicago’s lucky meals
We're passing round the hat to get you a limo from Castlemaine to Marvel next Friday.

It's booked for 5:30. Make sure you're ready.

Gotta love the eternal optimism. We still have people holding out for Hanners and people still think taking McCartin was the ‘right decision at the time’
Everyone here knows how you feel. On this day 10 years ago, we lost by 20 goals against West Coast. We fixed our coaching panel and recruiting problems, got our own VFL team and won a flag not too long afterwards. Life will get better, just have to be patient!

Everyone here knows how you feel. On this day 10 years ago, we lost by 20 goals against West Coast. We fixed our coaching panel and recruiting problems, got our own VFL team and won a flag not too long afterwards. Life will get better, just have to be patient!
Don’t give them hope! That’s cruel.

Well. A very enjoyable night by all no doubt.

I got close up & personal to cheer Bevo & Co. & the boys off, but the best of the night was the fight was right in front of me (Weightman vs number 20) - I loved that! Lots of finger pointing and blah blahing :tearsofjoy: . I didn't even realise we'd kicked a goal until they all went back for the centre bounce!

I don't want to get ahead of ourselves, but I don't reakon I've ever had a season where I go to every game pretty relaxed and come out not disappointed.

Loving it! Go Dogs!

Last edited:
Reading the Saints board, I feel very sorry for them. They are really hurting, their list is in no mans land. They have topped up with recycled players too early. They needed another year or two of solid drafting first. There is a solid core young group coming thru but I can't see that they have sufficient top-end talent to seriously challenge. If absolutely everything clicks, they could conceivably sneak into a preliminary final next year but that would be their ceiling.

The other problem they have is that they have now delivered 3-4 of these piss weak efforts during the last 10 rounds. Tells me the players either aren't united or the coach is not up to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back