Player Watch #40: Callum Coleman-Jones

Remove this Banner Ad

Unfortunately its not really our decision. If we dont give him opportunities when lynch is back he will be looking elsewhere.
Hardwicks already stated clearly theyll be playing together

Hes got great potential as the Tom Lynch replacement gorilla forward. Good hands, good kick, crashes packs and will be very hard to stop 1 on 1 with another 5kg.

He needs a number 1 ruck to support him and a second mobile CHF so that he can play close to goal and threaten in the air every entry.

Unfortunately you could have the best FF in the game but if you’re bombing it blindly in to 2 or 3on1’s and hoping for the best then you’re probably not going to get the result you’re after.

The majority of the team were down and lacking energy/motivation last night so I think it’s best to persist with CCJ until the end of the season. If he shows something and signs on then that’s great but if he decides to leave then we take the pick to the draft and move on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Track watchers noted his absence from training this week. I hope them playing him while underdone didn't contribute to his calf injury. Bit of a concern ...

If they’ve played him knowing there was an issue, those campaigners need not be anywhere near a football club

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

If they’ve played him knowing there was an issue, those campaigners need not be anywhere near a football club

Dimma said in his press conference that he had soreness in his calf before the game .Surely we weren't that desperate for him against GC who didn't have a Ruckman in the side and under sized defenders ?

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Hardwicks already stated clearly theyll be playing together
The same Hardwick that stated we won't play 3 tall forwards our system won't allow it or the one that stated Miller was playing in last week's game? Must be 2 of them.

Dimma said in his press conference that he had soreness in his calf before the game .Surely we weren't that desperate for him against GC who didn't have a Ruckman in the side and under sized defenders ?

Needs to go, unforgivable

Hes got great potential as the Tom Lynch replacement gorilla forward. Good hands, good kick, crashes packs and will be very hard to stop 1 on 1 with another 5kg.

He needs a number 1 ruck to support him and a second mobile CHF so that he can play close to goal and threaten in the air every entry.

Mmm...dunno...I think he is too big, nowhere near mobile enough, he makes Lynch look like Bolton. If CCJ is in the fwd line and the ball hits the deck it is 5 V 6, he offers nothing defensively.

* that pisses me off. Why play a bloke (especially a kid who is trying to establish himself in the side) when they're underdone. We could've played Miller instead, got the extra height we needed down back and got him to give Chol a chop out in the ruck.

Mmm...dunno...I think he is too big, nowhere near mobile enough, he makes Lynch look like Bolton. If CCJ is in the fwd line and the ball hits the deck it is 5 V 6, he offers nothing defensively.
If he's not going to be a forward, he needs to be a trade for a top 20 pick. He doesn't look like a ruck to me.

I think IF we can get something decent for him (has to be a first round pick or equivalent), then we let him go, as I think our best setup in the future will be having Lynch as the main target with a more mobile tall as his support, whilst playing both Nank and Soldo.

Lots of big fellas are like that. Lynch is similar. But I don't think you can have two of them.
lynch isnt. hes not as nimble as many, but hes not useless at ground level. he chases, tackles, sets up goals at ground level. ccj is cox like, he just stands there while everyone else runs rings around him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back