Southern Football League (Tas) Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone hear a rumour about a New Norfolk player being banned for 8 weeks for racial abuse of a Cygnet player? Someone said it was on the SFL page but it's not there 🤷‍♂️
It's on the mercury page. They have reported it. Nothing but bloody disgusting. If New Norfolk are smart, they will show him the door. 8 weeks not enough for racism in this current climate.

It's on the mercury page. They have reported it. Nothing but bloody disgusting. If New Norfolk are smart, they will show him the door. 8 weeks not enough for racism in this current climate.
Thanks, found it. Seems the player in question probably won't learn from it. Saw he left a bit of
a smartass emoticon on the story on the newspaper's facebook page.

More like sit back snickering and laughing about it knowing that lot 🙄
Cygnet smashing Huonville by 20 goals on the weekend, didn't see that coming!!
Port have only given up 3 sausage rolls in 12 quarter of footy, Huonville had 12 out apparently.
NN back in the five after demolishing Hobart by near ten goals at Giggle Town. Tigers running out of games to get their players back, if it don't happen soon they'll be looking to next year.
The Farne smashed Brighton at Brighton by nearly 20 goals and Sorell won easily over the Mont by 170 odd points, kicked something like 24 30!!
Sharkies had the bye this week.
Pretty lopsided round this week.

More like sit back snickering and laughing about it knowing that lot 🙄
Cygnet smashing Huonville by 20 goals on the weekend, didn't see that coming!!
Port have only given up 3 sausage rolls in 12 quarter of footy, Huonville had 12 out apparently.
NN back in the five after demolishing Hobart by near ten goals at Giggle Town. Tigers running out of games to get their players back, if it don't happen soon they'll be looking to next year.
The Farne smashed Brighton at Brighton by nearly 20 goals and Sorell won easily over the Mont by 170 odd points, kicked something like 24 30!!
Sharkies had the bye this week.
Pretty lopsided round this week.

3 games by over 100
1 game over 10 goals

Injuries mounting to most clubs. I think Cygnet and Lindisfarne who have had the most consistent junior programs 14s 16s 19s are really starting to get ahead of the rest. Huonville building to this stage too.

If TSL falls over Cygnet and Farne to join the 5 TSL clubs making it two divisions of 7 teams ? Would be 7 and 7 and could do promotion relegation?

Tigers running out of games to get their players back, if it don't happen soon they'll be looking to next year.

If they want to come back. A lot of talk is that some players are done. Club is getting over their super coach and realising the 30k they're paying him is being wasted.

If they want to come back. A lot of talk is that some players are done. Club is getting over their super coach and realising the 30k they're paying him is being wasted.
I keep reading these so called rumours, but being around the club, there doesn't seem to be any truth to them. Face facts, you lose as many players to longterm injuries as what Hobart has this season, it wouldn't make a jot of difference how good your junior setup is, and it definitely has an effect on your on field performances - something Huonville Lions are finding out right now.
Before all those injuries hit, both clubs were motoring along nicely.
Has to be remembered too, Cygnet's junior setup (Southern Storm) takes in not only Cygnet but Kermandie, Channel and part of Kingborough as well!
They SHOULD be doing well with all of that.
I noticed on the weekend that the Derwent Valley Council has condemned the L.W Hepper Stand at Boyer Oval. It's all fenced off apart from the concrete section at the rear. Not that they get any sort of crowd to sit in it anymore but that stand's been around forever (well 1961 it was built), it'll be interesting to see if it gets demolished.
FB_IMG_1625470297129.jpg

figured there was something going on with injuries.

that’s literally the top players at the club except for perhaps Adams and Arnold 😮

when will they all get back?
the roster looks super tight for the last 3 spots in the 5
Hard to say mate, not sure how long they're all out for.
Gilmour looks close to making a return very soon, hopefully after the bye.
Not sure about the others, Brad Joseph came back on the weekend and kicked five.
Mark Cripps came back into the side this week and got concussed early in the last quarter so he'll be out.
Put it this way, I've followed Hobart for close to 50 years and that would be by far and away the worst injury toll I've seen up there in my time.
Have seen some bad ones before that have derailed very promising seasons (1988 and 1992 being the standouts) but this is something else.
More than likely will be battling New Norfolk for fifth with five games each to play, it'll probably depend on who strikes what team and who they've got in or out which'll determine the makeup.
Both have Brighton in the final two rounds.

Here's the remaining matches:
20210705_232956.jpg

Hard to say mate, not sure how long they're all out for.
Gilmour looks close to making a return very soon, hopefully after the bye.
Not sure about the others, Brad Joseph came back on the weekend and kicked five.
Mark Cripps came back into the side this week and got concussed early in the last quarter so he'll be out.
Put it this way, I've followed Hobart for close to 50 years and that would be by far and away the worst injury toll I've seen up there in my time.
Have seen some bad ones before that have derailed very promising seasons (1988 and 1992 being the standouts) but this is something else.
More than likely will be battling New Norfolk for fifth with five games each to play, it'll probably depend on who strikes what team and who they've got in or out which'll determine the makeup.
Both have Brighton in the final two rounds.

Here's the remaining matches:
View attachment 1171657

Alllllllll that money they've spent..... what a waste..... sucked in, in my opinion.

Sad to read about the serious incident/ injuries suffered by Ryan Wiggins in the weekend. Thoughts to his family and members of the Port about this horrible news. Hopefully he can make a full recovery.

in regards to Kingpin‘s comments about the old stand at Boyer, I believe they are looking at options but the demolishing of the stand is highly likely. Will be a sad day considering it’s history and link back to many great moments that have occurred at Boyer over many years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ve heard things but as Im unsure i don’t want to speculate. Amazing the footy community when incidents like this happen. Everyone pulls together. Best wishes Ryan.

Agree JJ - I have heard a few things too but like most of these rumours that go around they are usually inaccurate/ way off the mark.

The most important thing is Ryan gets the care that he needs. He has been transferred to Melbourne and hopefully we will know soon what the outcome will be. A really hard time for his family.

Great to see the footy community rally to support Ryan and his family too. Details are on the Cygnet FC Facebook page on how you can help.

Wiggins has been transferred back to Hobart and it’s terrible news what the long lasting effects could be. All the best to Ryan & the Wiggins family 👍

Very sad about the young fulla from Cygnet, jumped in a pool and had a terrible accident unfortunately.
Won't play footy again and likely won't walk again either ☹
Just one of those things you do as a young bloke, ya don't think anything of it being ten foot tall and bullet proof. 99 times out of a hundred you'd be fine. Terrible for him and his mates and family.
I was on a work trip to Darwin about 30 years ago and the bloke I was travelling with did the same thing and was very lucky to walk again, dived in the shallow end, hit the bottom, he was one of the lucky ones!!

So the Hobart rumor mill continues … word is that Gilmore and Kaye (possibly more) involved in an all in brawl at the Great Lake Hotel last Saturday night.
Anyone know much about this?

big win by sorell over them yesterday too 😯

cygnet and huonville have to be undisputed favorites now.. if they weren’t already

So the Hobart rumor mill continues … word is that Gilmore and Kaye (possibly more) involved in an all in brawl at the Great Lake Hotel last Saturday night.
Anyone know much about this?

big win by sorell over them yesterday too 😯

cygnet and huonville have to be undisputed favorites now.. if they weren’t already

Heard that too... Was that there were several of them. Surely the club stand up to what is going on. Several players pulled the pin due to not enjoying it and the toxic culture there....

Heard that too... Was that there were several of them. Surely the club stand up to what is going on. Several players pulled the pin due to not enjoying it and the toxic culture there....
Yeah strange that Munting and co would tolerate it.

if you follow the comments on the vigilante news page it would appear there is more to the folding of the women’s team than is let on too 😯 😯

Yeah strange that Munting and co would tolerate it.

if you follow the comments on the vigilante news page it would appear there is more to the folding of the women’s team than is let on too 😯 😯
What was the post on TVN? I didn't see it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back