2023/2024 Gold Coast Draft & Trade periods

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The midfield spot we use Weller (Speed, clean, low possession, no tackles, no marks), thats where Narkle would be an upgrade on. Both the same size
Weller is a outside goal kicking mid, much better kick than narkle and faster. Narkle is an inside mid who is clean in traffic and has a really good set of hands in close.

The midfield spot we use Weller (Speed, clean, low possession, no tackles, no marks), thats where Narkle would be an upgrade on. Both the same size
Also weller averaging 3.5 tackles and 5.5 marks a game this season. Narkle for reference is 1.5 tackles and 2 marks a game. Once again completely different players. Wouldn't be an upgrade, I'd prefer Weller if I had a choice

Also weller averaging 3.5 tackles and 5.5 marks a game this season. Narkle for reference is 1.5 tackles and 2 marks a game. Once again completely different players. Wouldn't be an upgrade, I'd prefer Weller if I had a choice
I'd have a Clubman like Weller who is fearless and committed vs a flashy mercenary with similar numbers

He's been the sub multiple times

I really hope we're getting into CCJ's ear at the moment. He's out of favour there, we can offer him a spot in the 22 round 1 next year. Now is the time to convince him to move.

Should also be all over Narkle. Not really a need but a good signing that will add depth and should be relatively cheap.

Dusty out of hospital and recovering in Qld, we should be showing him the sites, just to be good Qlders 😉
The Suns would be crazy if they didnt
Get Brando & Oleg to take him out and show him the sights of sin city

He might just like it and think .............. Yeah i could do this for the next 5 years

Last edited:
What position does Weller play now that Sharp has gone past him at half the price and Ellis has the other wing stitched up.

TBH you give up pick#2, $700k a year for performance that has mostly been underwhelming, with the highlight of his career being AFLX.

I'm sure Mitch McGovern is a good clubman at the Blues but not really contributing to many wins and getting massively overpaid.

What position does Weller play now that Sharp has gone past him at half the price and Ellis has the other wing stitched up.

TBH you give up pick#2, $700k a year for performance that has mostly been underwhelming, with the highlight of his career being AFLX.

I'm sure Mitch McGovern is a good clubman at the Blues but not really contributing to many wins and getting massively overpaid.
How much do you think Narkle would want?
Weller won't be on 700k in future
A wise manager would advise Lachy to consider his first contract a big front end load for his next

The Suns would be crazy if they didnt
Get Brando & Oleg to take him out and show him the sights of sin city

He might just like it and think .............. Yeah i could do this for the next 5 years

Keep the Richmond connection going and bring in astbury to fill the key back roll or the left field one in rance. Then use our first pick for Bolton or left field dusty. If we had 2 of those we would be serious contenders next year I reckon. Not sure if any of the 4 would be interested but you never know.

What about Rhys Stanley?
Looking likely to losing his spot to Ratagolea.
Could fill a need as a pinch hitting ruck/fwd

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What about Rhys Stanley?
Looking likely to losing his spot to Ratagolea.
Could fill a need as a pinch hitting ruck/fwd

pass.

fine with Witts and Moyle

Suns been playing good football with zero ruck lately.

No need to pay 500k for a average ruck forward

GWS would be all over him with Collingwoods pick
Depends where that Collingwood pick ends up. If it’s pick 1 or 2 (will slide back 1 or 2 spots on bidding), I doubt they pick Gibcus that high.

They might consider trading back in the top 10, but would know they can’t trade behind GC if they want Gibcus.

If they do trade back, they might have their eye on Mac Andrew.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back