Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 31 Team Thread | So We’re Champions 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

Written by Proper Gander.

R17.png

What nicer way could there be to end a home and away season then with a nice, totally pointless dead rubber against the Gumbies?

For the life of me I can't quite understand why we have a 17 round H&A season anyway, but I'm sure someone will tediously explain it to me a some stage completely uninvited.

An interesting aspect of this round was that the ladder standing already suggested we were destined to meet the Gumbies again in an Elimination final or possibly a semi... A truly strange state of affairs. A pleasant round all up ensued, and we all learned a bit more about the mysterious player known as bigfooty poster "Headless":

round 17 Art.png

As for the game itself, it was important to both teams to use this as an opportunity to stamp their dominance on the other before the all-important finals match.

So what happens? Of course. Gumbies 12.13 (85) draw with MBD 12.13 (85).

Our active posters were:

Round 17 votes:

3. DemonJim (17 disposals, 9 marks, 2 tackles)
2. Callums_Guns (20 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 2 goals)
1. Proper Gander (4 disposals, 1 tackle, 3 goals)

POTW.png

And our poster of the week was awarded to Callums_Guns

Written by our dear friend Proper Gander, and me - Headless.

And after all this, we make finals. A fantastic effort by the Bullerians and deserved rewards for a really great H&A season.

Before we move on to the Deestroy votes for the four finals we played, let's all take a moment to recognise our skipper manangatang - just the third premiership captain in our club's history, after Eth (Season 18) and Yakker (Season 26).

mang is admired by all, in my view the league's best poster and captain, and does an absolute mountain of work behind the scenes to keep this place running.

Congratulations on a successful season, manangatang. :hearteyes:

And after all this, we make finals. A fantastic effort by the Bullerians and deserved rewards for a really great H&A season.

Before we move on to the Deestroy votes for the four finals we played, let's all take a moment to recognise our skipper manangatang - just the third premiership captain in our club's history, after Eth (Season 18) and Yakker (Season 26).

mang is admired by all, in my view the league's best poster and captain, and does an absolute mountain of work behind the scenes to keep this place running.

1627645015557.gif

To be continued.....

Written by me - Headless.

ROUND 1 (12).png

A small-known fact about Season 31 is that the Mount Buller Demons played finals! Because we weren't good enough through the season, or possibly because we intentionally dropped games in some sort of 4D chess set-up, we first were matched up against the Roys in a blockbuster elimination final.

And GOSH, was it a blockbuster, or WHAT?!

After Barrybran's excellent opening post, the first post in the thread really did the occasion justice:

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 3.57.26 pm.png

And things only got better after that. I'm not sure anybody knew what Quivorir meant, though:

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 3.59.13 pm.png

We won this game (by 10 points) - lucky, in hindsight, given we wouldn't otherwise have won the premiership. 🥳

P.S. Happy 400th, Dingster.

Most prolific posters: Headless (82), Tarkyn_24 (73), pantskyle (66), Callums_Guns (57), sausageroll (52)

Highest DT scorers: pantskyle (133), Tarkyn_24 (104), manangatang (87)

Elimination Final Deestroy votes:

3 votes: pantskyle - 33 disposals, 9 tackles, 2 goals
2 votes: Tarkyn_24 - 24 disposals, 16 hitouts, 5 tackles, 1 goal
1 vote: DemonJim - 20 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal

POTW.png

pantskyle took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ROUND 1 (13).png

Such is the nature of the Sweet FA finals system, we progressed on to a semi final against the Gumbies. The match thread opening post was the best of the entire season.

We had to win to make it to the prelim.

We had to.

And so we did.

With spiritual Demon Rodney Dangerfield secretly on our side, we kicked one of our biggest scores of the season, amassing a total of 141 against the Gumbies' 112. A high-scoring affair. Good on you, Rodders!

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 4.13.29 pm.png

Most prolific posters: Callums_Guns (63), sausageroll (39), Headless (35), cooney (34), Tarkyn_24 (33)

Highest DT scorers: Tarkyn_24 (125), manangatang (98), pantskyle (94)

Semi Final Deestroy votes:

3 votes: Tarkyn_24 - 34 disposals, 20 hitouts, 3 goals
2 votes: Callums_Guns - 23 disposals, 4 marks, 3 goals
1 vote: Proper Gander - 7 disposals, 6 goals

POTW.png

sausageroll took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.

ROUND 1 (14).png

Because we're the GREATEST TEAM OF ALL TIME, we rolled on to the preliminary final against the ever-enjoyable Warriors - friends of pantskyle.

I, for one, was certain we'd lose this game. And I, for one, was wrong.

Playing away from home, we got off to a bit of a sluggish start; we were behind at quarter time, half time, AND three quarter time. But a stellar performance in the final quarter, where we kicked five goals to one, put us into the big one. We ended up victorious by 12 points - and it felt good.

Oh, yes. It felt good.

Playing his 400th game in the Sweet FA, cooney set the tone, and the rest of us followed:

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 4.58.57 pm.png

Most prolific posters: Callums_Guns (73), Headless (53), cooney (49), sausageroll (47), pantskyle (47)

Highest DT scorers: pantskyle (86), Tarkyn_24 (81), jmoo wan (76)

Preliminary Final Deestroy votes:

3 votes: Proper Gander - 7 disposals, 6 goals
2 votes: Tarkyn_24 - 19 disposals, 13 hitouts, 2 goals
1 vote: pantskyle - 21 disposals, 1 goal

POTW.png

sausageroll took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.

I would like to take this opportunity to make an announcement.

It's been a wonderful time since I joined the Demons in Season 7.

I have decided to play for the Demons again in Season 32.

Cheers.
We changed our name to the Deoenix, hope that’s okay

View attachment 1191606

A small-known fact about Season 31 is that the Mount Buller Demons played finals! Because we weren't good enough through the season, or possibly because we intentionally dropped games in some sort of 4D chess set-up, we first were matched up against the Roys in a blockbuster elimination final.

And GOSH, was it a blockbuster, or WHAT?!

After Barrybran's excellent opening post, the first post in the thread really did the occasion justice:

View attachment 1191608

And things only got better after that. I'm not sure anybody knew what Quivorir meant, though:

View attachment 1191609

We won this game (by 10 points) - lucky, in hindsight, given we wouldn't otherwise have won the premiership. 🥳

P.S. Happy 400th, Dingster.

Most prolific posters: Headless (82), Tarkyn_24 (73), pantskyle (66), Callums_Guns (57), sausageroll (52)

Highest DT scorers: pantskyle (133), Tarkyn_24 (104), manangatang (87)

Elimination Final Deestroy votes:

3 votes: pantskyle - 33 disposals, 9 tackles, 2 goals
2 votes: Tarkyn_24 - 24 disposals, 16 hitouts, 5 tackles, 1 goal
1 vote: DemonJim - 20 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal

View attachment 1191610

pantskyle took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.
My favourite Ayano posting

And now a departure from B&Fs we have seen previously.

As season 31 premiers, it is appropriate that we pay homage to a long standing SFA stalwart who just seems to age like a fine wine. And while injecting youth is important to retain the vitality of a qooty outfit, finals is where experience really counts.

There were several players that stood up in our finals campaign but one in particular that made the difference in these important matches for the season.

So our first ever Player of the Finals Award (sponsored by PG Enterprises Ltd) goes to…

Tarkyn_24

Congratulations Tarks. Commemorating this special moment, the team at PG enterprises have commissioned this beautiful statue modelled to your exact likeness. The Victorian Government will soon be officially unveiling the statue at Federation Square where we can all pause and admire the spirit of Tarks doing what you love best, grabbing that qooty, tucking it under the arm and flexing those guns.

E035972C-CDA6-47A6-B1AF-6883C4C3693F.jpeg

78D7A6BA-DB51-4C11-A635-48DD756A6208.jpeg

And now a departure from B&Fs we have seen previously.

As season 31 premiers, it is appropriate that we pay homage to a long standing SFA stalwart who just seems to age like a fine wine. And while injecting youth is important to retain the vitality of a qooty outfit, finals is where experience really counts.

There were several players that stood up in our finals campaign but one in particular that made the difference in these important matches for the season.

So our first ever Player of the Finals Award (sponsored by PG Enterprises Ltd) goes to…

Tarkyn_24

Congratulations Tarks. Commemorating this special moment, the team at PG enterprises have commissioned this beautiful statue modelled to your exact likeness. The Victorian Government will soon be officially unveiling the statue at Federation Square where we can all pause and admire the spirit of Tarks doing what you love best, grabbing that qooty, tucking it under the arm and flexing those guns.

View attachment 1191047

View attachment 1191048
Tarks :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back