Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 31 Team Thread | So We’re Champions 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

The highly sought-after equal third finish in the B&F.

Must be rigged. I was easily the best. Finished highest in the Mobbs.

With chemistry like this, we could be teammates!

Well, we are both participants in the Sweet Football Association. That's the first step toward us being teammates becoming a genuine possibility. There are further steps, of course. But I'll remark upon those later.

View attachment 1191654

People often come up and ask me – “mang?”, they ask.

“Yes?”, I mostly reply (although at times I’ve been known to just grunt at them in recognition).

“Tell me the secret to what makes Mt. Buller a great club”.

I just smile and pull a small piece of paper out of my top pocket. By now, the piece of paper is very wrinkled as it’s been folded and unfolded several times in my quest to answer a rather simple question in an unnecessarily complicated way.

I pass the paper to them and they read a single word. Sometimes they start to weep; other times they hand back the paper to me looking as white as the paper itself.

For I have given them the answer of how unattainably GOOD we are, and in one word given them an insurmountable Everest to climb to even get to our level.

So, “what’s on the paper?”, I can sense you asking.

I’ll tell you.

Just one word is written, and that word is ‘Posting’.

That’s right, the secret to our success is HIGH QUALITY posting. We rock up every week and have fun with each other and our opponents. We have a really diverse mix of posters – from edgy to farcical from attention-whoring to tentative. And we have Headless.

Anyway, this award is something I started two seasons ago, because I thought we needed to start recognising what makes us great with an official award. It hasn’t been given a name other than the ‘Poster Of The Year’, but it’s something I think we should all aspire to.

We enjoyed really strong contributions for a large number of posters in Season 31, and this is reflected in a very tight contest for this award. In fact – it has led to a TIE!

So, I congratulate our two winners for the Season 31 Poster Of The Year at Mt. Buller - sausageroll and Callums_Guns .

One is a workhorse for our club and its culture, and the other is a 400-game rookie still trying to find his way in the league. We’re honestly blessed to have both of them at our club.
Season 31 turned out an incredible season for us. The Grand Final win was not something that any of us saw coming, but my word it was enjoyable to share with you all.

We’ve got an insanely strong squad of players. It’s the envy of Sweet.

But typical of all great and successful clubs, we never let things rest. We’ve had some people depart the club, and we thank them for their services and contributions over the seasons. They will each always be welcome back at Mt. Buller if they so choose.

I’m excited to welcome some fresh faces to our club for Season 32 (and one stale face).

Bluelegs , Pickitt and ImissFrosty have already provided a spark to our club. We’ve cautiously added rookies to our squad over the last few seasons, but having these blokes come on board all at once and jell so seamlessly into the league and our club has been awesome to watch. I look forward to seeing them develop and thrive in the Sweet F.A.

View attachment 1191659

View attachment 1191660

View attachment 1191661

I’m sure you’ve already welcomed them, but remember to keep your eye on them and help out.

Another fresh face for our club is Hate . Hate was the unfortunate victim of a very unsavoury club branding accident, and was attracted to our club because of its traditions and strong posting culture. He is just pure class, and we’re very lucky to add him to our squad.

View attachment 1191662

And the stale face? Well, of course it’s club hall of famer and ex-captain cats2rise . Cats is like that really comfortable sofa that has the virtual bumprint of our club all over him. We love having him block up the feng shui in our living room and I’m very pleased he’s home again.

View attachment 1191663

Let’s have FUN in Season 32 – this is probably one of the strongest eras for Mt. Buller, so regardless of our luck with the sim, let’s just enjoy each other’s company.
Congratulations to DemonJim and Proper Gander on the B&F - truely was a fantastic season

Jim get off your PlayStation, fu** the Mobbs votes - you just won a Premiership and a B&F 🐐

sausageroll what an honour it is to win the Poster of the Season with, you’re an absolute Legend of the League and showed that from the Origin Series to the GF. That’s why you got ALL-SFA in your playing position

Well done to the Discord Team, sorry couldn’t get it running look forward to future podcasts as I know the laughs PG, Yak and others bring

Headless SUPER effort mate and to everyone that assisted in putting it all together

View attachment 1191671

That’s me done, til tomorrow

THANK YOU ALL
Congratulations to Proper Gander (but not for winning the c2r medal grr) and DemonJim on winning one of two Deestroy Medals.

Heardy_101 on a terrific first season in the competition. Hopefully many more to come.

Headless for being awarded an award named after one of my biggest heroes, Eth.

Yakker who thankfully got awarded the defenders award or else I wouldn't have a reason to tag him.

moginie on superb efforts to take home the coaches award.

Tarkyn_24 on his efforts in the clubs lead up to a premiership.

Callums_Guns and rookie sausageroll on being recognized as the superb posters they are.

Well done to all involved in what was a rather sublime presentation. 🤗

Be a bit awkward if I have left anyone out. :$
Apologies, I've probably left out something vital that was posted by or referred to Headless.

And I cooked schnitzels for the family for dinner.

The post-awards discord vibe:

the-breakfast-club_u-l-q1g9rbp0.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Written by me - Headless.

View attachment 1191570

The Wonders? Again? In Round 12? After playing them in Round 6? Even though there are 12 teams in the competition? YES.

Why? You'd have to ask our dear friend NaturalDisaster. 🤗

But we played our BIGGEST EVER RIVALS at home this time, and boy oh boy wowee - what a result! Unfortunately the result was BAD for us, as we lost by four points. And I'm sure we're all still hurting as a result.

BIG TIME.

Van_Dyke posted a bloody ripper of a post early, though:

View attachment 1191571

Most prolific posters: Callums_Guns (53), DemonJim (40), cooney (37), sausageroll (25), moginie (20)

Highest DT scorers: boncer34 (69), manangatang (67), moginie (66)

DONUTS: Headless, _Cayz_ 🥳

Round 12 Deestroy votes:

3 votes: Yakker - 18 disposals, 4 marks
2 votes: pantskyle - 21 disposals, 4 tackles
1 vote: DemonJim - 18 disposals, 4 marks, 1 goal

View attachment 1191572

sausageroll took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.
I didn’t get poster of the week for that? I’ve been absolutely robbed.

Written by me - Headless.

View attachment 1191634

Here we are, friends - we've made it to the big one.

THE BIG ONE.

And we're up against our dear, dear friends at the Bombers. What a treat!

I'm going to switch tense now, as speaking in the present tense just makes NO SENSE - we know that we were victorious! 🤗

And what a wonderful time we all had.

If I had to attribute our ultimate success to just one thing - and I do - it would be Van_Dyke being so UP AND ABOUT on page 1. I took this screenshot from page 1, as I have NO INTEREST in reading the rest of the thread again.

View attachment 1191635

It was quite an even game at the half, although we seemed to have the play; the Bombers were accurate (6 goals 0 behinds), and we were not (7 goals 9 behinds).

But in the third quarter, we went BANG - and then we kicked seven goals to one. What a wonderful, wonderful time.

Anyway, we won by 29 points - our third ever premiership. 🥳 And the entire league rejoiced - we even saw the exciting return of Oddhawk!

Most prolific posters: Callums_Guns (263), manangatang (139), Headless (128), Oddhawk (107), moginie (106)

Highest DT scorers: DemonJim (115), Callums_Guns (90), pantskyle (87)

View attachment 1191636

Callums_Guns took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.
robbed again? RIGHT IN FRONT OF ME

But typical of all great and successful clubs, we never let things rest. We’ve had some people depart the club, and we thank them for their services and contributions over the seasons. They will each always be welcome back at Mt. Buller if they so choose.
i thought our standard practice was to burn their locker and anything they left in it on departure? please explain mang.

I mentioned you in my retirement speech but I think that got canned too
1627687426585.png

I think Jim mentioned him when he was accepting his award but I fell asleep so I'm not sure

Remove this Banner Ad

Back