Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 31 Team Thread | So We’re Champions 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

View attachment 1191654

People often come up and ask me – “mang?”, they ask.

“Yes?”, I mostly reply (although at times I’ve been known to just grunt at them in recognition).

“Tell me the secret to what makes Mt. Buller a great club”.

I just smile and pull a small piece of paper out of my top pocket. By now, the piece of paper is very wrinkled as it’s been folded and unfolded several times in my quest to answer a rather simple question in an unnecessarily complicated way.

I pass the paper to them and they read a single word. Sometimes they start to weep; other times they hand back the paper to me looking as white as the paper itself.

For I have given them the answer of how unattainably GOOD we are, and in one word given them an insurmountable Everest to climb to even get to our level.

So, “what’s on the paper?”, I can sense you asking.

I’ll tell you.

Just one word is written, and that word is ‘Posting’.

That’s right, the secret to our success is HIGH QUALITY posting. We rock up every week and have fun with each other and our opponents. We have a really diverse mix of posters – from edgy to farcical from attention-whoring to tentative. And we have Headless.

Anyway, this award is something I started two seasons ago, because I thought we needed to start recognising what makes us great with an official award. It hasn’t been given a name other than the ‘Poster Of The Year’, but it’s something I think we should all aspire to.

We enjoyed really strong contributions for a large number of posters in Season 31, and this is reflected in a very tight contest for this award. In fact – it has led to a TIE!

So, I congratulate our two winners for the Season 31 Poster Of The Year at Mt. Buller - sausageroll and Callums_Guns .

One is a workhorse for our club and its culture, and the other is a 400-game rookie still trying to find his way in the league. We’re honestly blessed to have both of them at our club.

Attachments

• 202057.jpg
    202057.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 6
So ends what has been an immense evening for Mt. Buller.

First of all, I’ve got to give my genuine and unending thanks to Proper Gander, Headless and Yakker, along with the rest of my LG. The former folks in particular have done an enormous amount of work to pull this awards night together.

It’s the first time in the league that a club awards ceremony has been undertaken live on Discord as well as being posted. It was something I discussed with the group a few seasons ago, but I couldn’t get it up and running and I reverted to written ones only.

When Proper Gander and others in the LG reached out and offered to drive it this season, I was super excited to see how it would play out. And it’s been INSANELY GOOD.

You should all be proud of yourselves and the rest of our team should thank these folks for their work in executing tonight's awards ceremony.

So ends what has been an immense evening for Mt. Buller.

First of all, I’ve got to give my genuine and unending thanks to Proper Gander, Headless and Yakker, along with the rest of my LG. The former folks in particular have done an enormous amount of work to pull this awards night together.

It’s the first time in the league that a club awards ceremony has been undertaken live on Discord as well as being posted. It was something I discussed with the group a few seasons ago, but I couldn’t get it up and running and I reverted to written ones only.

When Proper Gander and others in the LG reached out and offered to drive it this season, I was super excited to see how it would play out. And it’s been INSANELY GOOD.

You should all be proud of yourselves and the rest of our team should thank these folks for their work in executing tonight's awards ceremony.
Thanks captain!

Thanks to the LG too.

A couple of sherbie fizzers to help us on our way and then back to the new season.

View attachment 1191551

To win an Eth award at Mt. Buller is one of the highest privileges a Qooty player can attain.

It shows that those around you have valued your contribution to the club; that others have noticed and appreciated your presence and how you bring our club to life.

For those who are new around here, the Eth Award is named after one of the greatest captains, players and teammates of this great club. Introduced a number of seasons ago, the Eth Award is voted on by players and is an accolade to be incredibly proud of.

Past winners of this award include Tarks, Van_Dyke, Callums_Guns, myself, Oddhawk and Yakker.

Once again, voting for this year’s award was done individually by PM. This season we had a really strong spread of votes across a number of posters - new and old, which again highlights just how many great contributors we have in our squad.

Now - to say that it's an honour to win this award once would be an understatement, but to win it twice is taking it to a whole new level.

To win it twice IN A ROW? Well, that would suggest that you are incredibly highly valued and provide a strength of leadership and engagement by just being you. It would imply that you are a current-day rock around which this club is built (figuratively, of course, because I'm not sure I've ever seen a literal rock post in a text-based online forum).

Of course, the winner of the Eth Award for Season 31 - A PREMIERSHIP SEASON - is none other than Headless .

Congratulations!

This genuinely means very much. Thank you everybody who voted and thank you everybody involved with the Mount Buller Demons. Just a wonderful collection of posters.

Season 31 turned out an incredible season for us. The Grand Final win was not something that any of us saw coming, but my word it was enjoyable to share with you all.

We’ve got an insanely strong squad of players. It’s the envy of Sweet.

But typical of all great and successful clubs, we never let things rest. We’ve had some people depart the club, and we thank them for their services and contributions over the seasons. They will each always be welcome back at Mt. Buller if they so choose.

I’m excited to welcome some fresh faces to our club for Season 32 (and one stale face).

Bluelegs , Pickitt and ImissFrosty have already provided a spark to our club. We’ve cautiously added rookies to our squad over the last few seasons, but having these blokes come on board all at once and jell so seamlessly into the league and our club has been awesome to watch. I look forward to seeing them develop and thrive in the Sweet F.A.

Bluelegs-01.png

Pickitt-01.png

imissfrosty-01-01.png

I’m sure you’ve already welcomed them, but remember to keep your eye on them and help out.

Another fresh face for our club is Hate . Hate was the unfortunate victim of a very unsavoury club branding accident, and was attracted to our club because of its traditions and strong posting culture. He is just pure class, and we’re very lucky to add him to our squad.

Hate-01.png

And the stale face? Well, of course it’s club hall of famer and ex-captain cats2rise . Cats is like that really comfortable sofa that has the virtual bumprint of our club all over him. We love having him block up the feng shui in our living room and I’m very pleased he’s home again.

cats2rise-01.png

Let’s have FUN in Season 32 – this is probably one of the strongest eras for Mt. Buller, so regardless of our luck with the sim, let’s just enjoy each other’s company.

Congratulations to DemonJim and Proper Gander on the B&F - truely was a fantastic season

Jim get off your PlayStation, heck the Mobbs votes - you just won a Premiership and a B&F 🐐

sausageroll what an honour it is to win the Poster of the Season with, you’re an absolute Legend of the League and showed that from the Origin Series to the GF. That’s why you got ALL-SFA in your playing position

Well done to the Discord Team, sorry couldn’t get it running look forward to future podcasts as I know the laughs PG, Yak and others bring

Headless SUPER effort mate and to everyone that assisted in putting it all together

1627647550017.gif

That’s me done, til tomorrow

THANK YOU ALL

I had no idea things were going on in here. I thought PG and Yak were adlibbing the entire presentation.

Anyway, congrats to all the various award winners. You all did a great job. And thanks for inviting me. I must go now though, I seemed to have spilled wax all over my pants.

Congratulations to DemonJim and Proper Gander on the B&F - truely was a fantastic season

Jim get off your PlayStation, fu** the Mobbs votes - you just won a Premiership and a B&F 🐐

sausageroll what an honour it is to win the Poster of the Season with, you’re an absolute Legend of the League and showed that from the Origin Series to the GF. That’s why you got ALL-SFA in your playing position

Well done to the Discord Team, sorry couldn’t get it running look forward to future podcasts as I know the laughs PG, Yak and others bring

Headless SUPER effort mate and to everyone that assisted in putting it all together

View attachment 1191671

That’s me done, til tomorrow

THANK YOU ALL

Great season again mate. Hope you can get some rest!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Congratulations to Proper Gander (but not for winning the c2r medal grr) and DemonJim on winning one of two Deestroy Medals.

Heardy_101 on a terrific first season in the competition. Hopefully many more to come.

Headless for being awarded an award named after one of my biggest heroes, Eth.

Yakker who thankfully got awarded the defenders award or else I wouldn't have a reason to tag him.

moginie on superb efforts to take home the coaches award.

Tarkyn_24 on his efforts in the clubs lead up to a premiership.

Callums_Guns and rookie sausageroll on being recognized as the superb posters they are.

Well done to all involved in what was a rather sublime presentation. 🤗

Be a bit awkward if I have left anyone out. :$

manangatang

Like so many of us, you’re more than a teammate, you’re a friend - THANK YOU !!

Thanks for the many chats and all that you do for us 🤗

You do a mountain of work and things could be that little bit easier if I submitted the team sheet 😂

Not this season though, that’s 1 tough gig !!

Why because the culture that we have !!!

#destinationclub

manangatang

Like so many of us, you’re more than a teammate, you’re a friend - THANK YOU !!

Thanks for the many chats and all that you do for us 🤗

You do a mountain of work and things could be that little bit easier if I submitted the team sheet 😂

Not this season though, that’s 1 tough gig !!

Why because the culture that we have !!!

#destinationclub

Well said, friend.

mang is the best skipper in the league.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back