Official Team Thread Mount Buller Demons | Season 31 Team Thread | So We’re Champions 🤗

Remove this Banner Ad

Written by Proper Gander.

This season saw a fiercely contested battle for our Rookie award. After much soul-searching and hour of debate, it was decided that our prize for the most valuable Rookie simply has to go to Heardy_101.

To present the award, we invited SFA's most famous Rookie, sausageroll to make this special presentation. This is what sausage had to say:

"So, it turns out I didn't win the Demons Rookie Award. Again.

At least this year it was actually awarded to someone. Not like the last couple of seasons where the leadership group clearly decided I wasn't a worthy winner even without any competition.

So well done heardy, and thank you for saving me the embarrassment of failing to win unopposed rookie awards in three consecutive seasons.

To show my appreciation, and to honour your award and premiership, I have decided to hand the #2 guernsey that I have worn since joining the Demons over to you.

Congratulations. Looking forward to you stepping up even more in season 32"

24A82ED3-AD25-44FD-8E2F-22C7366656AB_1_105_c.jpeg

Congratulations Heardy_101 and may this be the first of many outstanding rookie seasons!

And now a departure from B&Fs we have seen previously.

As season 31 premiers, it is appropriate that we pay homage to a long standing SFA stalwart who just seems to age like a fine wine. And while injecting youth is important to retain the vitality of a qooty outfit, finals is where experience really counts.

There were several players that stood up in our finals campaign but one in particular that made the difference in these important matches for the season.

So our first ever Player of the Finals Award (sponsored by PG Enterprises Ltd) goes to…

Tarkyn_24

Congratulations Tarks. Commemorating this special moment, the team at PG enterprises have commissioned this beautiful statue modelled to your exact likeness. The Victorian Government will soon be officially unveiling the statue at Federation Square where we can all pause and admire the spirit of Tarks doing what you love best, grabbing that qooty, tucking it under the arm and flexing those guns.

View attachment 1191627

View attachment 1191628
Only 1 thing needs to be said.....

🐐

Written by me - Headless.

ROUND 1 (15) (1).png

Here we are, friends - we've made it to the big one.

THE BIG ONE.

And we're up against our dear, dear friends at the Bombers. What a treat!

I'm going to switch tense now, as speaking in the present tense just makes NO SENSE - we know that we were victorious! 🤗

And what a wonderful time we all had.

If I had to attribute our ultimate success to just one thing - and I do - it would be Van_Dyke being so UP AND ABOUT on page 1. I took this screenshot from page 1, as I have NO INTEREST in reading the rest of the thread again.

Screen Shot 2021-07-18 at 5.18.27 pm.png

It was quite an even game at the half, although we seemed to have the play; the Bombers were accurate (6 goals 0 behinds), and we were not (7 goals 9 behinds).

But in the third quarter, we went BANG - and then we kicked seven goals to one. What a wonderful, wonderful time.

Anyway, we won by 29 points - our third ever premiership. 🥳 And the entire league rejoiced - we even saw the exciting return of Oddhawk!

Most prolific posters: Callums_Guns (263), manangatang (139), Headless (128), Oddhawk (107), moginie (106)

Highest DT scorers: DemonJim (115), Callums_Guns (90), pantskyle (87)

POTW.png

Callums_Guns took out the Poster of the Week award for this round.

This season saw a fiercely contested battle for our Rookie award. After much soul-searching and hour of debate, it was decided that our prize for the most valuable Rookie simply has to go to Heardy_101.

To present the award, we invited SFA's most famous Rookie, sausageroll to make this special presentation. This is what sausage had to say:

"So, it turns out I didn't win the Demons Rookie Award. Again.

At least this year it was actually awarded to someone. Not like the last couple of seasons where the leadership group clearly decided I wasn't a worthy winner even without any competition.

So well done heardy, and thank you for saving me the embarrassment of failing to win unopposed rookie awards in three consecutive seasons.

To show my appreciation, and to honour your award and premiership, I have decided to hand the #2 guernsey that I have worn since joining the Demons over to you.

Congratulations. Looking forward to you stepping up even more in season 32"

View attachment 1191630

Congratulations Heardy_101 and may this be the first of many outstanding rookie seasons!
Absolute GUN, 1 of the most underrated posters in the League

Brilliant season on and off the field and provides so much laughter and can’t forget the drinks

Thank you and congratulations Heardy_101

Absolute GUN, 1 of the most underrated posters in the League

Brilliant season on and off the field and provides so much laughter and can’t forget the drinks

Thank you and congratulations Heardy_101
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Well done Heardy_101

But what does that all MEAN? Well, let's get to the place winners.

Starting off with third place:

ROUND 1 (16).png

Oop, we seem to have a three-way tie for third!

Callums_Guns - EQUAL THIRD PLACE [15 votes]
pantskyle - EQUAL THIRD PLACE [15 votes]
Tarkyn_24 - EQUAL THIRD PLACE [15 votes]

A stellar season from three wonderful leaders of the club. Congratulations to you all on third place in the Season 31 Deestroy Medal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But what does that all MEAN? Well, let's get to the place winners.

Starting off with third place:

View attachment 1191639

Oop, we seem to have a three-way tie for third!

Callums_Guns - EQUAL THIRD PLACE [15 votes]
pantskyle - EQUAL THIRD PLACE [15 votes]
Tarkyn_24 - EQUAL THIRD PLACE [15 votes]

A stellar season from three wonderful leaders of the club. Congratulations to you all on third place in the Season 31 Deestroy Medal!
It’s a 3 way 😂

ROUND 1 (18).png

For the sixth time in club history, we have dual Deestroy Medalists.

With 17 votes, DemonJim and Proper Gander are our joint best and fairest winners for Season 31. A huge congratulations to you both!

This is DemonJim's FIRST Deestroy Medal. Playing a crucial role in the centre of the ground, DJ had a blistering season, including a club-leading performance in the Grand Final.

This is Proper Gander's THIRD Deestroy Medal, having tied with Callums_Guns in Season 28, and backing it up with a solo victory the following season. PG led our goal-kicking this season, and was unlucky not to win the Fred Medal.

Terrific seasons from both posters, and well-deserved recognition in the Season 31 Deestroy Medal!

6186AFC4-C29A-46B0-A43D-73AB17D7CFF9.jpeg

ROUND 1 (24).png

People often come up and ask me – “mang?”, they ask.

“Yes?”, I mostly reply (although at times I’ve been known to just grunt at them in recognition).

“Tell me the secret to what makes Mt. Buller a great club”.

I just smile and pull a small piece of paper out of my top pocket. By now, the piece of paper is very wrinkled as it’s been folded and unfolded several times in my quest to answer a rather simple question in an unnecessarily complicated way.

I pass the paper to them and they read a single word. Sometimes they start to weep; other times they hand back the paper to me looking as white as the paper itself.

For I have given them the answer of how unattainably GOOD we are, and in one word given them an insurmountable Everest to climb to even get to our level.

So, “what’s on the paper?”, I can sense you asking.

I’ll tell you.

Just one word is written, and that word is ‘Posting’.

That’s right, the secret to our success is HIGH QUALITY posting. We rock up every week and have fun with each other and our opponents. We have a really diverse mix of posters – from edgy to farcical from attention-whoring to tentative. And we have Headless.

Anyway, this award is something I started two seasons ago, because I thought we needed to start recognising what makes us great with an official award. It hasn’t been given a name other than the ‘Poster Of The Year’, but it’s something I think we should all aspire to.

We enjoyed really strong contributions for a large number of posters in Season 31, and this is reflected in a very tight contest for this award. In fact – it has led to a TIE!

So, I congratulate our two winners for the Season 31 Poster Of The Year at Mt. Buller - sausageroll and Callums_Guns .

One is a workhorse for our club and its culture, and the other is a 400-game rookie still trying to find his way in the league. We’re honestly blessed to have both of them at our club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back