Victorian Covid Outbreak 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

7 days!

Waiting for the blame to be laid on the feds even though this one doesn't seem to be originiating from hotel quarantine.

Dan going on about not visting family and friends. Obviously some of the ones who tested positive must have passed it on that way. But as usual no action to be taken against them so why bother with the rule in the first place.

QLD, NSW, VIC and Tasmania all reporting cases today. Three states in lockdown. How long before all the domino pieces fall.

People GET VACCINATED!

Or Gladys or Scotty.

Hint….they’re all fu**en clueless dipshits
Yeah they are, but why would Gladys or Scotty be announcing a Victorian lockdown 38 in Feb 2023?

How much work has been done to improve the health system's ability to handle covid in the 20 months since it came on the scene?

Perth has no covid and no hospital capacity, so we have to lockdown to avoid swamping our hospitals - but it has been over a year since they needed time to flatten the curve.

This is what people should really be upset about.

This is my number one question at the moment cause as far as I can tell absolutely nothing has been done to increase hospital capacities in ICU and their ability to respond to COVID since the start.

I understand the reasoning for the lockdowns and have no issue with them but we are always going to be getting hospitalisations from here on out forever so why are we not improving this capability?

With the billions of $$ being spent in other areas and continuing to stimulate the economy, why isn’t this being used to increase our hospital infrastructure? Yes it may take 12-24 months to increase this capability but if they had the foresight they could have started months and months ago.

Even with high levels of vaccinations we will be getting a level of hospitalisations and what then when we return to “life as normal” and open up, the virus will still be there and likely spreading more than now as there will be more mobility and international travel.

Obviously the vaccine will reduce hospitalisations compared to without it but there will always be a degree requiring hospitalisations and evolving strains. Are we just hoping the system will cope or keep living with restrictions and limiting gatherings forever?

Week 6 in Sydney and I’m already getting antsy. We’re not getting out anytime soon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't resist a slap at NSW. Every time.
In fairness, not much different to Glad and her digs at Victoria, and everywhere else. It's just that Dan says it half a dozen words, and when Glad says it it gets lost in all the other waffle and spin, and non-answering of pertinent questions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back