U18 Champs WA v SA U19's GRAND FINAL DAY CURTAIN RAISER!!!! AFL stream 1pm AWST/3pm AEST

Remove this Banner Ad

Final Teams here;

WESTERN AUSTRALIA
B:
F. Gorringe, J. Busslinger, L. Michael
HB: J. Avery, J. van Rooyen, S. Gilbey
C: B. Hough, K. Dittmar, A. Jones
HF: K. Harbour, J. Amiss, L. Paton
F: E. Benning, L. Polson, J. Stretch
Foll: J. Broadbent, M. Johnson, J. Tunstill
I/C: O. Armstrong, K. Bevan, C. Bourne, R. Farmer, Z. Fleiner

Emerg: D. Curtin, J. Draper, G. Julian

SOUTH AUSTRALIA
B:
Z. Becker, J. Parish, M. Litster
HB: A. Draper, O. Adams, B. O'Loughlin
C: L. Rayson, H. Harrison, N. Wanganeen-Milera
HF: C. Kennedy, L. Cooke, W. Spain
F: H. Lemmey, J. Lukac, I. Dudley
Foll: O. Steene, M. Liddy, S. Linke
I/C: A. D'Aloia, L. Grubb, H. Jackson, M. Michalanney, J. Owens

Emerg: C. Beecken, B. Calvett, H. Stagg, L. Whitelum

Game starts at 3pm AEST on the AFL website

Last edited:
This is a yawner, nothing to see. Lemmey looking good for next year though. Lukac ok, D'Aloia having a good one, Avery butchering disposals and decision making, Johnson getting some ball but looking slow and a little uninterested, Hough underwhelming, Stretch can look electric and his cat like reflexes have raised half an eyebrow, Dittmar good, but nothing better then he has shown this year, Wanganeen-Milera the only one who is using the ball well, but not getting much of it and hard done by on a few decisions. Draper and Amiss injured, no structures being held. ugh :sleepv1:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

WA V SA Game 2 before the AFL Grand Final

WA won again, unfortunately Amiss hurt his knee and Draper hurt his collarbone, both looked good prior to injuries

WA:
Arthur Jones just put himself in draft contention, with an excellent wing performance, filled with hard running, bravery and skill, with a couple of goals
Brady Hough was solid all game in midfield, got a 50m penalty for an easy goal, looks good as a forw/mid prospect
Matthew Johnson started slowly with some poss but a bit sloppy, he came good with poss in the 2nd half
Kane Bevan had some moments where his hands were so strong and clean, some pick ups and contested marks for a mid that were Bartell like
Kade Dittmar was quiet in the first half when he was forw, but his 2nd half in the midfield was much more impactful
Jacob Van Rooyen was solid in defence, using the ball quite well and then kicked the match winning goal
Jackson Broadbent is a strong ruck, i really like how he plays, not just a tap ruck but useful around the ground and in clearances
Finn Gorringe is a really good leader for this group this year, he just helps gel this group together

SA:
Adam D'Aloia was the best midfielder on the ground, really talented kid for 2022
Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera is just all class, was ok in the first half, but really helped SA comeback and nearly steal the win
Lewis Rayson was a good running link on the wing, helped create drive into f50
Mady Liddy was once again a strong centre clearance player for SA, he partnered well with D'Aloia

Arlo Draper, Isaiah Dudley, Max Michallaney, Shay Linke and Harry Lemmey were also good contributors during the game

I can not lie, I wish I had just slept in

After the streaming stopped working, I did! :p (In my defence, it has been a long week at work).

I take it I didn't really miss anything? Was Broadbent okay like I thought he might be? Did NWM play okay?

From the discussion I take it the only new learnings for most was about a guy called Arthur Jones?

I take it I didn't really miss anything? Was Broadbent okay like I thought he might be? Did NWM play okay?

From the discussion I take it the only new learnings for most was about a guy called Arthur Jones?
Nailed it really, Broadbent held his own really well, although it felt like the SA rucks got over the top of him by the end of things, but when they're rotating two better built guys against a 16-year-old that should happen. NWM was great, was my best on for his impact, but that's not overly shocking

Nailed it really, Broadbent held his own really well, although it felt like the SA rucks got over the top of him by the end of things, but when they're rotating two better built guys against a 16-year-old that should happen. NWM was great, was my best on for his impact, but that's not overly shocking

Freo fans that haven't watched him may get upset but I feel that he will be right in the sights of Freo assuming we have two Top 10 picks; maybe given the number of talls around the same kind of mark we might even go with him first?

Stretch back in the side is a really good thing, quite excited to see how he goes against the SA defence. Kaden Harbour, Luke Polson, Zach Fleiner and Oscar Armstrong are all types I like as rookie picks so good to see them playing

Arthur Jones will surprise most but I think he's definitely deserving. He was probably the unluckiest of the WA lot to not get a state call up. He's quite small but is super quick on the wing and a good game here will put him in the spotlight

Harvey Harrison, Luca Whitelum and Shay Linke are all players I haven't seen play in a while (or in Harrisons case, at all) so I'm interested in them.

Good call pre-game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back