Certified Legendary Thread Covid, Life, UFOs, Food, & Wordle :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely.

It would have thrown a spanner in the works over the next week or so. It's the impact it would have on everyone in the family that I dread.

My son goes back to school tomorrow, I have a medical appointment to attend with my daughter (which has been booked for months), I have a haircut booked next week, wife would have to stop work etc. All as we are about to partially open up and can see people.
So many male posters with haircuts booked! You're like a bunch of strutting peacocks with your air and graces, your fragrances, and now, it seems, infused flower scents. What's wrong with having a barber from the mall and lining up with fellow citizens, real men that don't splurge money on quiffs, quaffs, coiffures, fades, undercuts or buns?

I'll be dragging my captain's chair out of storage and maybe slipping a stubby or two into the built in holder, then forming a queue with some of the best blokes (hopefully behind me) that outer suburbia has to offer. We''ll be talking blokey and suburban things, with eyes fixed on the passing parade of shoppers fresh from their shackles, whole families heading as one for the bowels and lungs of the centre in search of a bargain.

And at the end, I'll get my seniors discount.

Not saying this is restricted to one side of politics, but what kind of dodgy "fundraisers" don't provide bank details so it is cash only?

"A spokesperson for the Premier said the government would not comment on IBAC proceedings, and spokeswomen for Mr Marles and Mr Shorten said they had no knowledge of the destiny of funds raised at events they spoke at."

Think we are entitled to expect a bit more from the Premier than "don't ask, don't tell".

So many male posters with haircuts booked! You're like a bunch of strutting peacocks with your air and graces, your fragrances, and now, it seems, infused flower scents. What's wrong with having a barber from the mall and lining up with fellow citizens, real men that don't splurge money on quiffs, quaffs, coiffures, fades, undercuts or buns?

I'll be dragging my captain's chair out of storage and maybe slipping a stubby or two into the built in holder, then forming a queue with some of the best blokes (hopefully behind me) that outer suburbia has to offer. We''ll be talking blokey and suburban things, with eyes fixed on the passing parade of shoppers fresh from their shackles, whole families heading as one for the bowels and lungs of the centre in search of a bargain.

I like to read up on fragrances.. and just go in and buy em.. without sampling em and that re.. it's fun and exciting.. like a pack of footy cards and that re.. you open the packet.. you either like what you get or you don't.. then you swap the cards you don't want.. or with a fragrance.. you place it back into the box.. wrap it up.. and give it to someone as a gift. I just love the build up. Same sort of adrenalin rush you'd get from opening up a pack of footy cards and that re sort of a thing. Like opening up a box of chocolates and that re. Same s**t different smell and that re sort of a thing.

Not saying this is restricted to one side of politics, but what kind of dodgy "fundraisers" don't provide bank details so it is cash only?

"A spokesperson for the Premier said the government would not comment on IBAC proceedings, and spokeswomen for Mr Marles and Mr Shorten said they had no knowledge of the destiny of funds raised at events they spoke at."

Think we are entitled to expect a bit more from the Premier than "don't ask, don't tell".

Might expect a bit more from Bill Shorten as well as the Premier?

I like to read up on fragrances.. and just go in and buy em.. without sampling em and that re.. it's fun and exciting.. like a pack of footy cards and that re.. you open the packet.. you either like what you get or you don't.. then you swap the cards you don't want.. or with a fragrance.. you place it back into the box.. wrap it up.. and give it to someone as a gift. I just love the build up. Same sort of adrenalin rush you'd get from opening up a pack of footy cards and that re sort of a thing. Like opening up a box of chocolates and that re. Same sh*t different smell and that re sort of a thing.
In other words, you give people who have trusted you to gift them a fragrance you've come to love and wish to impart to others, a bottle of smell you have in fact opened and rejected. You 'swap a card you don't want' (e.g. some lesser light from a team you hate), except in this case its a one way swap, though I suppose you get some misplaced undying gratitude in return. I can no longer recall the adrenalin rush I got from 'opening up a pack of footy cards'. Too long ago, the passage of time and all that and that sort of thing re.

I like to read up on fragrances.. and just go in and buy em.. without sampling em and that re.. it's fun and exciting.. like a pack of footy cards and that re.. you open the packet.. you either like what you get or you don't.. then you swap the cards you don't want.. or with a fragrance.. you place it back into the box.. wrap it up.. and give it to someone as a gift. I just love the build up. Same sort of adrenalin rush you'd get from opening up a pack of footy cards and that re sort of a thing. Like opening up a box of chocolates and that re. Same sh*t different smell and that re sort of a thing.

This reminds me of a Buckley game plan - flawed. The issue is that the fragrances you're going to buy are too expensive gifts for people you don't see often, and if you see them often you're going to have to smell the dud fragrances you've foisted on them. Before you know it, you'll be stuck in a car doing chap laps with Spiro, who is reaking of some crappy scent.

Come on mate, stop the baiting. It's not like ALP supporters were throwing grenades like this when Gladys was mentioned in articles... oh wait...

In other words, you give people who have trusted you to gift them a fragrance you've come to love and wish to impart to others, a bottle of smell you have in fact opened and rejected. You 'swap a card you don't want' (e.g. some lesser light from a team you hate), except in this case its a one way swap, though I suppose you get some misplaced undying gratitude in return. I can no longer recall the adrenalin rush I got from 'opening up a pack of footy cards'. Too long ago, the passage of time and all that and that sort of thing re.

Yep.. pretty much. It's part of the fun as well I suppose.

Yep.. pretty much. It's part of the fun as well I suppose.
I am beginning to understand why I was gifted a bottle of Calvin Klein Mann one xmas then David Beckham Classic EDT the following year! And why they sit forever in their boxes in the bathroom cupboard assured their liquid contents will never fall below their current level. I too should have gifted them forward.

This reminds me of a Buckley game plan - flawed. The issue is that the fragrances you're going to buy are too expensive gifts for people you don't see often, and if you see them often you're going to have to smell the dud fragrances you've foisted on them. Before you know it, you'll be stuck in a car doing chap laps with Spiro, who is reaking of some crappy scent.

I don't normally get em wrong.. wasn't a fan of acqui di gio.. so gave it to my ol' man as a gift.

Anyone else getting these ads on BF or am I the chosen lucky one? 😂

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211020-111400~2.png
    Screenshot_20211020-111400~2.png
    223.6 KB · Views: 11

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have a barber. But he comes to me. None of this lining up bull crap.

I am beginning to understand why I was gifted a bottle of Calvin Klein Mann one xmas then David Beckham Classic EDT the following year! And why they sit forever in their boxes in the bathroom cupboard assured their liquid contents will never fall below their current level. I too should have gifted them forward.

Gift them forward when they reach their expiry dates for a laugh and that re.. I think it's about 5 yrs for most.

Come on mate, stop the baiting. It's not like ALP supporters were throwing grenades like this when Gladys was mentioned in articles... oh wait...
You mean the ALP supporters who were putting personal blame on Gladys for not managing lockdown properly thus being singularly responsible for the Covid outbreak? That idea seems to have fallen away as time has gone on.

There's a different less flattering reason why people may be gifting you fragrances.

I've got my pattern all picked out for when I can get my coat done.

custom-clipping-horses.jpeg

You mean the ALP supporters who were putting personal blame on Gladys for not managing lockdown properly thus being singularly responsible for the Covid outbreak? That idea seems to have fallen away as time has gone on.
The Gladys mock down seems to have been marginally more effective than Dan's hard this is how it's done lockdown. With the fiasco that was LGA focus now being seen as a positive.

There's a different less flattering reason why people may be gifting you fragrances.
You have just given me an idea what to do with the Bonds' jocks I bought recently thinking they were the same style as my old ones. Imagine my chagrin at discovering the pouch lacked the double layer of my usual undergarment. These Bonds barely screen me off from the outside world, let alone provide the kind of support and confidence to which I have become accustomed. Gifting forward this Xmas seems a wise policy to employ.

Have you tried putting pants over your underwear? I tend to find that provides the extra screening I crave.

Pants are overrated and an unnecessary infringement on our liberties. How can I express the sheer majesty of my breed and the joy of life that comes from being a noble stallion in interpretive dance form while constrained by annoying fabric?

Or at least that is what I told the magistrate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back