Hugh Greenwood debacle

Remove this Banner Ad

if Hugh did the backstabbing, went against his word yada yada, ie its on him, i hope he gets crunched and does an ACL when we play North.
But, if it wasnt him and was our list managers and head office, i hope they all get testicular gigantism

Last edited:

I don't even know how to feel about this one. There's compassion and embarrassment all mixed into one :(.

One of my favourite Suns players and was stoked when he signed there. Above all though, it just doesn't feel right. I'm sure there's more to come of it in the coming days but yeah, strange.

Not sure why all the hate, i see this as a win for the suns. Now a spot for Hollands to claim in the middle, a far better prospect for the suns. An cap is freed up, a big win for the Sun, the glass is half full.

lol what?

They gave up literally the best tackler in the game for nothing. Greenwood wasn't on some crazy contract whereby the Suns needed to clear cap space.

I mean good on you for trying to put icing sugar on a turd but I mean, geez.

Not sure why all the hate, i see this as a win for the suns. Now a spot for Hollands to claim in the middle, a far better prospect for the suns. An cap is freed up, a big win for the Sun, the glass is half full.
I get this but it's just because we look like a laughing stock as per usual, and everywhere you look the media and general public bashes us. And that this point rightfully so. I've got many mates who support Brisbane and give it to me re Lyons, and some jumped onto this recently, to which I said what Hugh said in his post, and guess what same old story. I know it's not huge in the grand scheme of things, but it is so outrageously incompetent and I am sick of it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I appreciate the attempt to lighten the mood. But no. We may as well move to Tassie

Not too sure about that !!!

I'll only post this as the mods have mentioned open slather but

He left the Crows for money and thats understandable as they were under paying him but Gold Coast gave him a bloody good contract to set him up for retirement and on a decent term. He has now clearly left for $$$ again and he would have had to have agreed to be delisted to go onto the rookie list.
North have come with more $$$ and he has just walked for the cash and turned his back on the suns - Thats a big F.U

But clubs dont approach players that their clubs want to keep and all clubs know this , Says alot about North and their club imo as much as Greenwood

Feel for you guys

Boo hoo, Richmond would never contact players from other clubs.

lol what?

They gave up literally the best tackler in the game for nothing. Greenwood wasn't on some crazy contract whereby the Suns needed to clear cap space.

I mean good on you for trying to put icing sugar on a turd but I mean, geez.

At 29 Greenwood was never going to be a part of your first premiership.

You have a heap of quality on your list, an a decent group of 3-4 years players.

Opens up midfield for Hollands, Rowell and Anderson to dominate. An coin to help keep those stars.

I am a Hawk fan an i know who i would want from your list and it is not greenwood ( played a short term role).

LOl clearly you have not heard of Apples and Apples

Care to find where Richmond have poached a contracted player in this manner ???
But i suppose its all good to target Polec now :oops:

We have delisted Polec so all the best to him if he gets a deal somewhere.

Contracted players that are delisted are not contracted. Hence the delisted part.

LOl clearly you have not heard of Apples and Apples

Care to find where Richmond have poached a contracted player in this manner ???
But i suppose its all good to target Polec now :oops:

You really shouldn't have kept posting so arrogantly when there's such an obvious example to put you in your place. Epic levels of lack of self-awareness being displayed here.

I get this but it's just because we look like a laughing stock as per usual, and everywhere you look the media and general public bashes us. And that this point rightfully so. I've got many mates who support Brisbane and give it to me re Lyons, and some jumped onto this recently, to which I said what Hugh said in his post, and guess what same old story. I know it's not huge in the grand scheme of things, but it is so outrageously incompetent and I am sick of it

Some you win, some you lose. I feel the Sun will be better in the long run.

The Hawks let Ablett Snr slip through our fingers. An if i were the suns, i would be going hard for Clarkson in 2022 for 2023 start.

Because we were absolutely blindsided and this just looks like another in a long line of ineptness from the list management of this club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back