Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

but it’s not absolute…. End of
Do you drive a car? Walk on the street? There is almost nothing in this world that has absolutely no risk to injury or death.

The reason your premier is going harder on vaccine mandates that even Evil Dan is because WA’s health system is already screwed even without any COVID. Victoria and NSW had the capacity to handle a surge in admissions due to COVID (just barely) but WA doesn’t.

what about this study into 12-18 year olds?
"This evaluation demonstrated that nearly all (97%) persons aged 12–18 years hospitalized with COVID-19 were unvaccinated (versus fully vaccinated) and reinforces the importance of vaccination to protect U.S. youths against severe COVID-19"

I hadn't seen that. Thanks for sharing.

Just as a further question, do you know if there are any studies on the go looking at the efficacy/safety of vaccination of under 12s? As a parent of 2 x under 12s I have been curious to see whether the gradual reduction of the approved vaccine age is set to continue. In saying that, I also haven't seen much in the way of covid impacts on children under 12, so I'm wondering whether 12 is going to be the lower threshold in terms of approval/recommendation.

im really not …. I’ve posted the links of experts making that claim. That’s where I got it from

the hospitalisation rate of children in this country from Covid is massively overinflated due to social issues, rather than health issues

by that I mean the majority of children hospitalised aren’t done so because they are unwell - but because they need to stay somewhere when their parents are sick
In australia, we have had 2 people 10-19 die from covid from about 28k infections. A rate of about 1 in 14,000. So nothing like the 1 in 500,000 number you've invented. We know that the rate of side effects from the vaccine is significantly lower, with the rate of myocarditis being around 1 in 75,000. But thats just getting it, not the rate of deaths. And thats also including the background rate of developing it, which the vaccine appears to have little effect in increasing.

The only link you posted doesnt say that its not safe, just that they've decided they want more evidence. And if you believe that a single dissenting scientific opinion can override the opposite opinion entirely, well then you probably shouldnt believe in pretty much anything.

It's funny how many "I'm vaxxed but dont believe in mandates" people show their ass after a few posts in here. Nutjobs hiding behind a thin veil.

It's funny how many "I'm vaxxed but dont believe in mandates" people show their ass after a few posts in here. Nutjobs hiding behind a thin veil.

It’s always a nice laugh. I’m glad there are mandates it’s forcing people to choose. You want your job, etc then get the vax…otherwise be my guest and be the next tree hugger and stay away from everyone.

No I'm not.

I have 20 years experience in microbiology and virology. I've consulted with infectious diseases at Monash here in Australia and in Italy for transitional and clinical research.
Ok so you would understand the medical lingo more than most, but that doesn't mean you know why children are being forced to be jabbed. Again, it comes back to the jabs not being good enough, if they were close to 100% effective then there would be no need to jab anyone who has no risk for getting any sort of illness. If people at a certain age are at no risk themselves then the only reason they would get it is to protect others, but this wouldn't be required if the others were jabbed by a close to 100% protection vax.

Ok so you would understand the medical lingo more than most, but that doesn't mean you know why children are being forced to be jabbed. Again, it comes back to the jabs not being good enough, if they were close to 100% effective then there would be no need to jab anyone who has no risk for getting any sort of illness. If people at a certain age are at no risk themselves then the only reason they would get it is to protect others, but this wouldn't be required if the others were jabbed by a close to 100% protection vax.

Okay but there isn't a 100% effective vaccine and there will likely never be. So your whole argument is pointless.

Also by staying unvaccinated you still run the risk of being in that minor group of people in that age bracket that get very sick. Beats me why you'd want to take that risk.

Okay but there isn't a 100% effective vaccine and there will likely never be. So your whole argument is pointless.

Also by staying unvaccinated you still run the risk of being in that minor group of people in that age bracket that get very sick. Beats me why you'd want to take that risk.
There may be after another year or 2. If the manufacturers could produce what they currently have after 12-18 months who says a better version won't be available?

Also there are plenty of examples where people don't take vaccines for different illnesses and wear the risk. I'm not saying that's right or wrong I'm just stating it does happen

There may be after another year or 2. If the manufacturers could produce what they currently have after 12-18 months who says a better version won't be available?

Also there are plenty of examples where people don't take vaccines for different illnesses and wear the risk. I'm not saying that's right or wrong I'm just stating it does happen
There's also plenty of examples of vaccines where if you don't take them then there are certain things you aren't allowed to do. The vaccine for COVID has just been added to the list. The only difference here is that for the most part those vaccines were given to you as a baby which I can't be happier about because if anything this pandemic has shown that if we needed informed consent for a lot of these things people would still be keeling over from polio, smallpox and measles left right and center.

There's also plenty of examples of vaccines where if you don't take them then there are certain things you aren't allowed to do. The vaccine for COVID has just been added to the list. The only difference here is that for the most part those vaccines were given to you as a baby which I can't be happier about because if anything this pandemic has shown that if we needed informed consent for a lot of these things people would still be keeling over from polio, smallpox and measles left right and center.
Those vaccines have years of testing behind them as well. Would be interesting if anyone has had bloods taken before any covid jab then bloods taken after if anything has changed

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am in favour of vaccine mandates because otherwise the hospitals stay over-run and people die unnecessarily from both COVID and other causes.

Absolutely. So many people who need surgery for various other ailments, already at high risk, will be put at extreme risk because of selfish, moralising antivaxers.

Patients/ have no options.

Medical staff do. At least they can work at something else. Mow lawns etc.

Ive seen plenty of nurses who deal with COPD & Oncolgy patients, outside smoking at breaks.

Idiocy exists in lots of 'unexpected' places! :(
Side bar...

There used to be a PT who worked briefly at my gym, and she'd scoff Maccas hotcakes for breakfast at the front reception desk.

And I'd seen her at the pub in her gym polo shirt launching into the Chardonnay on Friday nights.

I always found that funny.

Those vaccines have years of testing behind them as well. Would be interesting if anyone has had bloods taken before any covid jab then bloods taken after if anything has changed
WTF?

For real?

What, you think they just say 'How are you feeling love?' and gently place the back of their hand to their forehead to see if they're warm??

What's your hypothesis?

Are you more qualified than the TGA or ATAGI to make comment or assess the above?
No.

You think they didn’t do before and after blood tests as part of the clinical trials?

WTF?

For real?

What, you think they just say 'How are you feeling love?' and gently place the back of their hand to their forehead to see if they're warm??
Have no idea and can't find anything online from TGA about what they tested for in phase 3 trial from any of the jabs. Only thing I found was from Pfizer who said they did "blood tests", but didn't state what they were looking for with the blood tests. Pfizer also had no mention of myocarditis in the trial results.

You work for TGA or covid jab manufacturers do you?

I don't, do you think they're not doing a lot of blood tests, checking for a lot of things?

I mean, you don't need to work for the TGA to have an idea that they most likely do many tests, for many things, all of which are thoroughly checked. They weren't newly established just to test COVID-19 vaccinations, they've been in this caper for a while now.

Back