Central Murray 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Boga would have enough young talent coming out of their colts over the last few season and would be more focused on experience than a 20 year old from a minor league.
I would have thought he'd be a really good fit at Boga, they've got monfries, they'd be wanting as much locally based talent as possible I would have thought. Boga should be targetting the best 4-5 guys in the grfl between 18-25, adding to the their local talent.

I do remember kerang signed Brett Smith for 2000 season before degraaf walked, so there is a bit of history with the Smiths at kerang as well

I think Boga would have enough young talent coming out of their colts over the last few season and would be more focused on experience than a 20 year old from a minor league.
You are probably right, with him also being a very outside type they probably have other priorities.
Off the top of my head though I think he would be comfortably more talented then any of their young players.

This “minor league” argument really is tiresome. For a start, there’s no such thing as a major league or minor league anymore, and hasn’t been for several years. Secondly, you think nully wouldn’t have beaten boga over the last couple of years? Thirdly, if you’re a good player, you’re a good player, no matter where you’re from. If boga are going to pass on a talented young player just cos he played in the grfl, then that might be why they haven’t sniffed a flag for a long time.

This “minor league” argument really is tiresome. For a start, there’s no such thing as a major league or minor league anymore, and hasn’t been for several years. Secondly, you think nully wouldn’t have beaten boga over the last couple of years? Thirdly, if you’re a good player, you’re a good player, no matter where you’re from. If boga are going to pass on a talented young player just cos he played in the grfl, then that might be why they haven’t sniffed a flag for a long time.
Maybe it's a Swan hill thing, I can't recall too many young players from the golden rivers transferring and being successful at an old mid Murray club, stroobrants and nalder are the only two that come to mind.

Kerang have done it well right for a fair while getting Shaun Murray and Mal borchard in when sting was coaching. Tim free had his best year of footy in 03 at kerang, Dicko and josh Bray were important cogs in kerang premierships, even coatsy started playing footy at wandella.

If the league's are going to remain viable, maybe they need Mou's between clubs in the central Murray and golden rivers.

Also I wonder if nully getting knocked back from the north central impacted his decision?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe it's a Swan hill thing, I can't recall too many young players from the golden rivers transferring and being successful at an old mid Murray club, stroobrants and nalder are the only two that come to mind.

Kerang have done it well right for a fair while getting Shaun Murray and Mal borchard in when sting was coaching. Tim free had his best year of footy in 03 at kerang, Dicko and josh Bray were important cogs in kerang premierships, even coatsy started playing footy at wandella.

If the league's are going to remain viable, maybe they need Mou's between clubs in the central Murray and golden rivers.

Also I wonder if nully getting knocked back from the north central impacted his decision?
Only Ultima and Moula really have any connection to Swan Hill. I’m pretty sure O’toole, Bunyan, Smith’s, Sheehan’s all came from GR and played for the old Mid Murray sides. Not sure about the Mertz’s.

Might not be major/minor leagues anymore but other than nully you would have to agree their is a fair drop off in standard between the 2 league’s.
I don’t think Boga would pass on him if they could get him but to have more experience around their kids would be more of a priority in my opinion.
l also think it would be easier for a young bloke to step up in standard if he has a team of blokes that opposition coaches have to worry about compared to a team that other clubs would be putting time into him every week.

Only Ultima and Moula really have any connection to Swan Hill. I’m pretty sure O’toole, Bunyan, Smith’s, Sheehan’s all came from GR and played for the old Mid Murray sides. Not sure about the Mertz’s.

Plenty of awesome players from the golden rivers have come on in done well at mid Murray and central Murray level…too many to name.

Bogas problem seems to have been they have had excellent colts sides but haven’t been able to get them all through to Senior footy….not that they are on their own in that regard obviously

He signed with Kerang about a month ago before Nully had even voted on either staying in the Golden Rivers or going to the North Central.

You're talking about transition between leagues minor league and major league etc. Arnold Kirby didn't do much in his time at Ultima, goes into the Central Murray and gets named ruckman in the team of the year.

He signed with Kerang about a month ago before Nully had even voted on either staying in the Golden Rivers or going to the North Central.

You're talking about transition between leagues minor league and major league etc. Arnold Kirby didn't do much in his time at Ultima, goes into the Central Murray and gets named ruckman in the team of the year.

Talented has never been an issue for Arnold…his fitness and dedication have been his downfall. Went to Darwin got nice and fit and then his talents were able to shine

There seems to be a fair bit of action on this site. Does anyone know if the November window for clearances is operating . I can’t see any action on any of the sites I’ve looked at. Does it suggest that there will be little or no action until next year?

There seems to be a fair bit of action on this site. Does anyone know if the November window for clearances is operating . I can’t see any action on any of the sites I’ve looked at. Does it suggest that there will be little or no action until next year?
Nah don't think it is. They are moving to a new online system and wont open until Feb 1 was my understanding.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back