Rumour Ben King 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

You avoided my question

Here it is again

Do you think the Suns would be happy to walk him to the draft and get nothing?

It's a ridiculous question unless you think Ben will threaten to sit out a season unless he gets to the Saints.

Laughable. Just laughable.

So yeah. The Sun's might be tempted if faced with such a toddler.

It's just not how the AFL works mate

Freo just got pick 6 for Adam Cerra.

There is your benchmark.
That's the yardstick.
Pick 6 for Adam Cerra.

Do the math.

Yep and the bottom side picks him up.
Probably the Pies.

He may get to the Saints but you will need to cough up two first first rounders at least.

If U think this will be some cheap deal because 'brother' Ur dreaming.
If they delist him, he’s a free agent. Anyway I don’t think it’ll be done because of his brother but more because Gold Coasts list manager is incompetent and did the same with Hugh Greenwood.

They have no idea what they’re doing at the gold coast.

Pretty sure it's you who doesn't understand the rule.

Nominating a preferred club means stuff all (unless you are a free agent). Ben is not a FA.

If the Saints can't do a deal with the Suns then Ben has to:

A) find a trade to satisfy the Suns and himself
OR
B) nominate for one of the open drafts.

Good luck with that.

Ill say it again for you.

If you think you can get Ben for pick 10 and some sh*t truck like Seb Ross you are delusional.

If you think I'm incorrect, I'll happily stand corrected if you do me the service of explaining the rules to me?

I'm calling you a moron for this post

This could get super interesting.

Even if BK nominates the Saints and the Saints offer up pick 10 and a fringe player and the Pies offer up pick 1, I don't see why the Suns should have to deal with the Saints?

Saints would definitely have to offer two first rounders.

THE SUNS DON'T GET TO CHOOSE WHO BEN GOES TO. Others have told you this repeatedly.

Only teams that BEN is open to negotiation with are in the mix. He either stays at the Suns with the offer they put forth, goes to one of his nominated clubs, or the incredibly unlikely route of the draft.

And lol at you coming up with some ridiculous trade and put it in my mouth. Clown.

Dunno but do u think saints will win the spoon?

If he walks to the draft he goes pick 1.

Saints will need to tank the entire season...

Seems risky...

Also seems what you are gunning for.
Could be a 3 way tank between Suns/Pies & Saints.lol

Could be a 3 way tank between Suns/Pies & Saints.lol

Don't forget the tiggers with three of their best players coming "off the books".
2022 could well be tank city at tigerland.

4 way tank fight!

If Richmond don't pick up/draft another KPF the 22 off season I could see the Tigers joining the bidding war.

We will have cap space as Riewoldt, Cotchin, Edwards, Caddy all potentially off the books. Who knows what assets we might be willing to trade.

THE SUNS DON'T GET TO CHOOSE WHO BEN GOES TO. Others have told you this repeatedly.

Only teams that BEN is open to negotiation with are in the mix. He either stays at the Suns with the offer they put forth, goes to one of his nominated clubs, or the incredibly unlikely route of the draft.

And lol at you coming up with some ridiculous trade and put it in my mouth. Clown.
Hahahah

Now you are tying to put words in mouth

I've told you repeatedly

Ben has to find a trade suitable to both himself and the suns

Or

Enter the open drafts.

He doesn't get to simplify nominate one club because he's not a FA.

Cerra nominated the Blues and got there because the Blues came to the party and satisfied Freo with a fair trade (pick 6).

I'll tell you again. If you think the Saints are getting Ben for a pick 10 and some s**t truck like Seb Ross then you are delusional.

I'll tell you here and now if Ben moves to any club (including the Saints) it will be for more than a Pick 6. Much more.

Last edited:

I'll make it easy for you because you seem a little off kilter

Ben is in the exact same position that Adam Cerra was in in 2021.
That's the yardstick.

I'll make it easy for you because you seem a little off kilter

Ben is in the exact same position that Adam Cerra was in in 2021.
That's the yardstick.

Did Fremantle force a trade with a different club to get a better deal for themselves? No they didn't. He went to the club he nominated because a deal could be sorted out. Otherwise he would have stayed at Fremantle. Thanks for proving my point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Fremantle force a trade with a different club to get a better deal for themselves? No they didn't. He went to the club he nominated because a deal could be sorted out. Otherwise he would have stayed at Fremantle. Thanks for proving my point.

A deal was done because both parties were satisfied and everyone agreed it was a fair price.

Adam met with multiple Melbourne clubs

CERRA TO MEET MULTIPLE VICTORIAN CLUBS
MIDFIELDER Adam Cerra has started meeting with Melbourne-based clubs this week, with the 21-year-old expected to have preliminary conversations with at least two clubs in addition to Carlton.
The Blues remain the frontrunners to win Cerra's signature during the Continental Tyres AFL Trade Period, but it is understood the classy midfielder has not closed the door on other options after requesting a move from Fremantle after four seasons.
Cerra, who wants to see the Dockers compensated fairly, remains in Perth and is meeting via video call with those clubs that may have both the salary cap space and trade assets to eventually do a deal.
Carlton is a clear frontrunner to secure Cerra, given its pick No.6 in the NAB AFL Draft and ability to get close to the lucrative deal that Fremantle tabled earlier this year.

If you get Ben it will be at fair market price.

You don't get a "brother" discount.
You are delusional.
The Suns will not be bent over and wont be taking pick 10 and a s**t truck.
Wait and see.

Last edited:
A deal was done because both parties were satisfied and everyone agreed it was a fair price.

Adam met with multiple Melbourne clubs

If you get Ben it will be at fair market price.

You don't get a "brother" discount.
You are delusional.
The Suns will not be bent over and wont be taking pick 10 and a sh*t truck.
Wait and see.
Cerra met with several clubs because he just wanted to go back to Melbourne - his preferred club was Carlton and he got there.

I would say if Bing was to go back to Melbourne the only club he would want to go to is the Saints

The only person talking about a "brother" discount is ....... wait for it ....... YOU ..... your obsession with Bing and the Saints paying above and beyond is a little unhinged

Key phrase

Swans looked at offers from both crows and power.

Different story in Melbourne. Way more offers will be available.

So don't "err" me .

Let's see.

If he walks to the Saints for fu** all then you win the argument but your argument has zero substance.

This is a big deal for the AFL.

They ain't allowing suns to to walk for nothing otherwise why bother?

Have a think.
It's not kiddies Auskick..having a brother means absolutely nothing. It's an adult professional game.

I will “err” you and I may even do it twice.

Because as you well know, to err is human.

Cerra met with several clubs because he just wanted to go back to Melbourne - his preferred club was Carlton and he got there.

I would say if Bing was to go back to Melbourne the only club he would want to go to is the Saints

The only person talking about a "brother" discount is ....... wait for it ....... YOU ..... your obsession with Bing and the Saints paying above and beyond is a little unhinged

Putting my 2 cents in here.

What happens if the Saint offer $ 900 000 per season, for 4 years. Collingwood offer $ 1.15 million per season, for 6 years ?.

If the Saints want him, realistically under this scenario, they will have to up their offer. The value of the picks will lift.

Put simply, the Saints will have to pay market price. There will be lots of bids put in by 9 Vic clubs.

What happens if the Saint offer $ 900 000 per season, for 4 years. Collingwood offer $ 1.15 million per season, for 6 years ?.

If the Saints want him, realistically under this scenario, they will have to up their offer. The value of the picks will lift.

Put simply, the Saints will have to pay market price. There will be lots of bids put in by 9 Vic clubs.

Don’t go adding sense to this argument. It’s Ben King's divine right to play for StKilda and there’s nought any of us can do to assuage that.

Why?? .... maybe King decides he is happy to take the lesser offer to play alongside his brother for his boyhood club

900k is still a massive whack at the age of 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Back