Rumour Ben King 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

The sense is … if St Kilda want Ben King, it is very likely they will have to offer full market value.
That is up to the Saints and Suns to sort through ..... Bing at the end of next season (if he hasn't signed for GC) will be uncontracted ...... if he requests a trade to the Saints then the Saints will offer up a fair trade and either Suns accept it or they are left with player who doesn't want to play with them or any other club except the Saints ...... Suns will want something as they don't want to get burnt and get nothing ...... they can't force King to go to another club if he doesn't want to go there and other clubs won't talk to him if they know he ain't interested

Nearly everytime if an uncontracted player nominates a club he wants to be traded to he gets there ....... because the 2 teams work it out

King is likely fairly well off already at the very young age of 21 ..... another 100k extra ain't gunna sway him if his mind is set on playing alongside his twin brother at his boyhood club and living that dream.

Pretty evident that opposition supporters are crapping their dacks at the thought of the Saints having both Kings
I’m pissing myself laughing at the moronic Saints fans who have fixated upon another target. How’s Jelly working out for you blokes?

🤣🤣🤣🤣

As good as he is working out for you ..... premiershipless :tearsofjoy:
Your club has been around for 100 plus more seasons and have only one more than the giants, I wouldn't go sledging other clubs about lack of premierships. Absolutely laughable you'd have the audacity to even mention it.

Says the guy whose team haven't won a final for 5 years before I was born :tearsofjoy:

16 Premierships to 1.
Granted their last flag came 13 years before you were born, but that is a history to be proud of.

Stain Kilda, on the other hand?

Hahahahahahaha yeah okay.

16 Premierships to 1.
Granted their last flag came 13 years before you were born, but that is a history to be proud of.

Stain Kilda, on the other hand?

Hahahahahahaha yeah okay.
20 something thousand days since their last flag, the Vietnam war was still going when they last won a flag.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I stopped following Essendon years ago. Whatever you say about them has zero impact on me.

Your club is easily the most unsuccessful club in the history of Australian rules football.

Mate I reckon you’d hard pressed to find a worst run professional sporting club in the history of sports, worldwide, with a history that is something to be ashamed of.

From lack of success, prospective growth, the allegations from Rocket Owen….they are an absolute embarrassment.

Mate I reckon you’d hard pressed to find a worst run professional sporting club in the history of sports, worldwide, with a history that is something to be ashamed of.

From lack of success, prospective growth, the allegations from Rocket Owen….they are an absolute embarrassment.
148 years they have been around, for one single premiership, its a miracle they've survived.

Pretty evident that opposition supporters are crapping their dacks at the thought of the Saints having both Kings
Personally I'm enjoying the flash backs to North fans telling us all David Swallow would rush to play with his brother.

In all this discussion there are two things which definitely won't happen which people keep bringing up. That is a) he won't be going to the draft b) which ever club vets him won't be getting him cheap.

What is going to happen if he decides to leave is he'll nominate a club (using saints as an example). The Saints have a 2022 first rnd pick and a 2023 first rnd pick they can trade which would be reasonably fair. If they don't play ball and a trade won't get done, then Ben himself will probably look at another club to go to rather being in a sticky situation if the trade doesn't get done.

There are 9 clubs in Melbourne, he will likely be open to playing for another Melbourne club if it looks like a deal can't be done. Sure, he may not be playing next to his brother, but he will be able to see his brother anytime he likes outside the game. For some reason people automatically assume that if brothers play in the AFL, they will be determined to play in the same club as each other.

All in all. The most likely scenario is that he will get to the club he nominates and GC will get a fair trade.

Last edited:
In all this discussion there are two things which definitely won't happen which people keep bringing up. That is a) he won't be going to the draft b) which ever club vets him won't be getting him cheap.

What is going to happen if he decides to leave is he'll nominate a club (using saints as an example). The Saints have a 2022 first rnd pick and a 2023 first rnd pick they can trade which would be reasonably fair. If they don't play ball and a trade won't get done, then Ben himself will probably look at another club to go to rather being in a sticky situation if the trade doesn't get done.

There are 9 clubs in Melbourne, he will likely be open to playing for another Melbourne club if it looks like a deal can't be done. Sure, he may not be playing next to his brother, but he will be able to see his brother anytime he likes outside the game. For some reason people automatically assume that if brothers play in the AFL, they will be determined to play in the same club as each other.

All in all. The most likely scenario is that he will get to the club he nominates and GC will get a fair trade.

This is a reasonably fair assessment. The only difference I'd point out here is the King's are identical twins. There's a marked difference here vs fraternal twins and siblings.

Issue I have with OP is their deluded idea that some club that Ben (or any player for that matter) does not want to go to can just rock up and put a "better offer" to GC and that be what wins out.

Also other posters thinking that money and draft currency is all it will take. Look how many times we'd seen North front up stacks more cash to the likes of Dusty, Kelly, etc and them not be at all interested and rather take the lesser deal.

No no no. You are wrong.
This is why the AFL invented free agency.
Ben doesn't qualify to be a FA.
If he can't find a trade he enters the open drafts.
That's the rules.
Suns do not need to be bent over.

I used the pies as an example assuming they will have a very high draft pick.

But a deal needs to be fair and agreeable to both parties OR
Open drafts.
That's the rules.

Unless you are a FA and he's not.

But hey if you want to fantasise that you get Ben in exchange for Josh Battle and Seb Ross then go right ahead.

Text me when you wake up from your little fever dream.
Can you tell us what happened the last time a trade wasn't done for a GC player and they entered the draft?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back