Strength Irritating people/things that annoy you in the gym III

Remove this Banner Ad

I normally dont advocate this, but if there are definitely plenty of spare treadmills and or bikes, get your daughter to jump on one, while you have a light work out.

Its Xmas, no one should be caring or complaining.
I certainly wouldn't tell anyone else off on Christmas day, I don't think she'd have the attention span to stay on a machine too long though.
I'll just work around the day.
The sole reason I exercise on Christmas Day is to eat more - Eddie Hall style. If I do something at home about an hour before lunch that should be enough.

I certainly wouldn't tell anyone else off on Christmas day, I don't think she'd have the attention span to stay on a machine too long though.
I'll just work around the day.
The sole reason I exercise on Christmas Day is to eat more - Eddie Hall style. If I do something at home about an hour before lunch that should be enough.

Just my thoughts, is that any general light exercise on the day, will not only increase your metabolism on the day, but also give you a bigger appetite.

Of all days, Xmas is the one day to enjoy and indulge a little.

By light exercise, Im not advocating people need to go to the gym either. A good brisk morning walk for half an hour is plenty to lay the foundation for a great day.

There’s no way that’s right. I’ve seen many an F45 and there were plenty of mirrors

At F45, we believe our studio should be a safe haven from all of the self-doubt and negativity. That's why you will never find a mirror in our studio. We simply want you to focus on the workouts and feeling your best, rather than how you look during the workout

At F45, we believe our studio should be a safe haven from all of the self-doubt and negativity. That's why you will never find a mirror in our studio. We simply want you to focus on the workouts and feeling your best, rather than how you look during the workout

the F45 in double bay in Sydney had mirrors, mw and my work crew used to use them to check out the hotties when we’d get our coffee.
I’m also very sure it’s franchised so each owner can Probablt just install them, lovely little mission statement but I call bullshit.

the F45 in double bay in Sydney had mirrors, mw and my work crew used to use them to check out the hotties when we’d get our coffee.
I’m also very sure it’s franchised so each owner can Probablt just install them, lovely little mission statement but I call bullshit.

Fair enough. I've never seen one in WA with mirrors, and I've trialed 10-12 different sites

Also lol at the whole “take the ego out” c’mon man, F45 is all about the insta and social media clout.

Maybe for the 'trainers' aka Time Keepers

Recently joined Coaching Zone for a trial and the trainers there are much better

When you rock up to an F45 session and the trainer is overweight...

Maybe for the 'trainers' aka Time Keepers
And most of the clients. I don’t even mean this as an insult, absolutely nothing wrong with it, just saying it’s a little crossfitty without the CrossFit.

side note I know the girl who is now engaged to the guy that brought F45 to Oz, she is absolutely gorgeous but also one of the most down to earth lovely people you’d ever meet, so I’m assume he’s also likely a great guy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've documented here some really bad, crossfitty exercises they program, but on the other hand I've had some super intense sessions too.
Oh for sure, I’m more referring to the NEED to tell people you do it (that whole “how do you know someone does CrossFit? Don’t worry they’ll tell you” thing).
F45 has the challenges and s**t, couldn’t tell you how many times a group of women in one of my offices has signed up and then proceeded to tell EVERYONE about their 12 week challenge only to stop going after like 3 weeks, all of these things work if you’re disciplined but motivation wanes. It’s always struck me as odd that only CrossFit has that rep, it’s pretty common across them all, maybe it’s cause a lot of people stay with CrossFit? Who knows.

Oh for sure, I’m more referring to the NEED to tell people you do it (that whole “how do you know someone does CrossFit? Don’t worry they’ll tell you” thing).
F45 has the challenges and sh*t, couldn’t tell you how many times a group of women in one of my offices has signed up and then proceeded to tell EVERYONE about their 12 week challenge only to stop going after like 3 weeks, all of these things work if you’re disciplined but motivation wanes. It’s always struck me as odd that only CrossFit has that rep, it’s pretty common across them all, maybe it’s cause a lot of people stay with CrossFit? Who knows.

I don't know why, but I feel like posting an OE video right now

F45 has the challenges and sh*t, couldn’t tell you how many times a group of women in one of my offices has signed up and then proceeded to tell EVERYONE about their 12 week challenge only to stop going after like 3 weeks, all of these things work if you’re disciplined but motivation wanes. It’s always struck me as odd that only CrossFit has that rep, it’s pretty common across them all, maybe it’s cause a lot of people stay with CrossFit? Who knows.

You'll enjoy this one

Incline leg press shits me to tears, you get bandy-legged shortarse Eastern Mediterraneans surrounded by their mirin' crew "leg pressing" 350kg barely moving their knees and "pressing" about 6 inches. WORK DONE = FORCE TIMES DISTANCE you *s, look at me ******* sideways and smirk as I turn a shade of beetroot pressing "only" 280kg but four times as far.

Twats.

I get a tad suss that these type of people go on treadmills right next to ppl when others are free.
Cause its like some kind of bizarre "competition" to them and they like to feel superior.

I honestly couldnt give less of a s**t what other ppl are doing (or not doing) in the gym.*

*that doesnt effect or annoy me obviously. :thumbsupv1:

Okay - so this is clearly something I should just swallow up - but I've become a really irritated gym dude.

I go to the local YMCA. I love it. Surrounded by nannas and young dudes that only last 2 weeks cos they want the free trial or the cheap membership.

So yesterday I go, only me and one other dude in the gym. * yeah, I thought. This is what I want. I will be able to do everything at my pace, the right rest between sets, plenty of room to stretch in between and not be in anyone's way.

I start with bench press 5x5.
I load up and out the corner of my eye I see the other dude doing a $60kg deadlift and even though he's superfit looking dude he was making some big strain noises. He also just threw the bar on the ground instead of lowering it. THought to myself "s**t buddy, stick to a weight you can handle."

Then I'm in my bench press set. Have done four reps and just straining to do the fifth and all of a sudden I hear the loudest ******* noise of my life. Scared the absolute s**t out of me to the point where I almost dropped the bar I was holding.
I set up, scared and confused and look around - and the other bloke is now deadlifting 4 plates on each side and smashing it on the ground every set.

i couldn't handle it. Every minute or two CRASH! CRASH!. Loudest thing I've heard. My headphones couldn't drown it out.
I did my workout by my nerves were absolutely shattered.

I sincerely hope I never see him there again.

I don't know why, but I feel like posting an OE video right now

Serious question.

I know this form ego lifting builds literally zero muscle, but Im always curious how the f**k do some of these guys have huge legs if all they do is gym f**kery every time?

Roids?

All of them?

Serious question.

I know this form ego lifting builds literally zero muscle, but Im always curious how the f**k do some of these guys have huge legs if all they do is gym f**kery every time?

Roids?

All of them?

Probably just for when they've decided to film themselves

Also merry Christmas my constantly annoyed gym going brethren
You will like this then.

On Xmas in between meals I hit the gym, it was totally an empty area. So naturally I acted like a campaigner and trialed some heavier lifts, channeling my inner roid rage while screaming a bit.

I thought I was alone. :drunk:

A newbie came upstairs then immediately ran away from the area when he heard my screams. :$

Remove this Banner Ad

Back