Mandatory Vaccinations And Medical Exemptions

Are you for or against Mandatory Vaccinations

• For

Votes: 292 57.4%
  • Against

Votes: 221 43.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I’m a Luddite haven’t worked out how put the quote under the link I was in the middle of posting when you replied
Its a bit dry but the part where he explains the development is interesting sorry can’t time stamp but it’s near the start

There's a book by the Oxford team that created the vaccine that AZ manufacture, worth a read if you're interested.

They talk a lot about how they could produce a vaccine so quickly, and how having massive funding from AZ and a huge amount of willing trial participants (along with the regulators not stalling for months on end to review study data) enabled them to significantly shorten the process without compromising the required checks and balances.

The current booster is the same as the previous vaccines. They're working on an updated vaccine to combat omicron. Don't forget that the booster program started before omicron really reared it's head so it was to help with the spread of delta.
Pfizer think they already have one and are already manufacturing. They think it'll have cleared testing by March.

The main one is I dont believe there would be as much angst and pushback against a tablet or nasal spray type treatment if there was one available for covid. Anti vaxxers have been around for years but even amongst the general public there is much more skepticism regarding vaccines than pills, from my experience atleast.

Other than that it would also not be required for the entire population, or even the majority. I don't have the exact numbers at hand but lets just say 80% or above for arguments sake do not require hospital treatment for covid infections. Im not sure how the math would play out but I would take a guess that those requiring medicinal treatments which would cost more per unit than the vaccines would end up costing the nation less than vaccinating 95% of Australia even though each unit cost less.

Also one big issue many people who are young, fit and healthy have is that they are subject to all the same restrictions and rules as those who are out of shape, old, immuno compromised and all the rest of it. Although maybe a selfish point of view they do have fair and valid greivances with that approach. For people who are less than 1% chance of dying from the disease it is very difficult to live in isolation and give up travelling, right of passages and income in cases.

In the case of using medicines this could be avoided as adequate treatment can be provided to those in need while the rest can go about their lives - that may not turn out to be the case and perhaps we'd be in a bigger sh*tshow than we are now, but thats my reasoning behind why I think it would have been a better choice.
There is a nasal spray to reduce spread (flo travel with carrageenans) will try to find relevant studies

And when did I say to use ivermectin or that it was a cure for covid? I said the innovative approach other countries used in providing at home treatment kits (which happened to include Ivermectin along with many other potential treatments - which many have since been shown to not have any major effects vs covid including Ivermectin) would have been a great added layer of protection if the government was able to identify treatments earlier which have been shown to have dramatic effects vs covid such as the Monoclonal Antibody treatments being used in the USA.
We are also using monoclonal antibiodies

Mate you admit the vaccines work but would rather they work on a post infection cure so vaccines aren’t required. Certainly isn’t pro vaccine thinking is it? Now what’s the opposite of pro…….
Perhaps he should be saying “now we have vaccines let’s see what else we can do for treatment “. Which is what is happening.

Don't disagree. They must be pretty confident though to be putting a date on it.

They are confident as are Moderna. It's not about whether they think it works, it's whether it's mainly a viable financial (and also somewhat medical) alternative given they have lined production for previous versions.

It requires ammedning contracts with suppliers and then throwing out all the old vaccines. So it's not something they are just going to do a a whim, is it now.

It's a bit like those that wonder why we don't use assay monoclonal antibody treatment for everybody. Yeah, sure, if everyone was a millionare why not. While we are it, anything else we can waste money, time and resources on.

They are confident as are Moderna. It's not about whether they think it works, it's whether it's mainly a viable financial (and also somewhat medical) alternative given they have lined production for previous versions.

It requires ammedning contracts with suppliers and then throwing out all the old vaccines. So it's not something they are just going to do a a whim, is it now.

It's a bit like those that wonder why we don't use assay monoclonal antibody treatment for everybody. Yeah, sure, if everyone was a millionare why not. While we are it, anything else we can waste money, time and resources on.
That makes sense. Considering they've been saying for a while that they will be able to turn around a vaccine for a different variant in 100 days, it always seemed odd to me that they weren't doing it for Delta. But I get it now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

publications into carrageenans

Carrageenan nasal spray may double the rate of recovery from coronavirus and influenza virus infections: Re-analysis of randomized trial data - PubMed (nih.gov)

the similar articles mentioned at the bottom of this onepredate covid 19; and I think this meta analysis also predates covid 19 (but the hope is that a coronavirus is a coronavirus)

theres a current clinical trial (data not yet released/ trial not completed) re COVID 19

Carrageenan Nasal Spray for COVID-19 Prophylaxis - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

invitro study showing some effect (Feb 2021, so predating vaccines and clearly state in their preamble in the absence of a vaccine - this is likely as data would be done before vaccines released and then time taken for publication)

Iota-carrageenan neutralizes SARS-CoV-2 and inhibits viral replication in vitro (plos.org)

It seems to cost between $10 - 15 a bottle (20 mL) I think it is used three times a day, so not sure how long a 20 mL bottle lasts.

Just for anyone like me who missed this:
The video goes through Robert Malone's interview with Joe Rogan.

It covers Malone's lies and lies by omission about:

* Malone's role in mRNA vaccine technology - he abandoned it at a very early stage and his patents have expired. Many many more people have contributed more to the development of these vaccines than Malone.
* Absolute and relative risk.
* The discussion about vaccine risks.
* The reasons he was kicked off of Twitter (he promoted an anti-vax group's video which was full of falsehoods),
* The effectiveness of HCQ against SARS 1 and now 2,
* Ivermectin's effectiveness (evidence is basically a study in vitro using monkey lung cells, and it's biggest manufacturer Merck says it is ineffective against Covid, and in vitro studies with human cells showed no effect),
* Ivermectin in India: it was used widely before Covid to control parasitic infections (as in Brazil). This didn't stop the initial Covid wave. Lockdowns and vaccination stopped the wave. Brazil had a terrible time with Covid.
* Vaccine safety after Covid infection. There is no evidence, not even bad evidence, that post-infection vaccination is less safe.
* Acquired immunity is better than vaccination. - At a community level there are studies that show both yes and no. Nothing is settled (I thought it was). At a molecular level they look similar.
* Rogan's platforming of a notorious AIDS denier.
* And that's just my incomplete summary of the first half of this video. There is much more.

Malone is full of s**t and Rogan uncritically replays this s**t to his impressionable audience.

This is Rogan's MO as far as I see it. Bring on people who deny the reality of the world. Cater to an audience that wants its prejudices confirmed, not challenged.

Last edited:
publications into carrageenans

Carrageenan nasal spray may double the rate of recovery from coronavirus and influenza virus infections: Re-analysis of randomized trial data - PubMed (nih.gov)

the similar articles mentioned at the bottom of this onepredate covid 19; and I think this meta analysis also predates covid 19 (but the hope is that a coronavirus is a coronavirus)

theres a current clinical trial (data not yet released/ trial not completed) re COVID 19

Carrageenan Nasal Spray for COVID-19 Prophylaxis - Full Text View - ClinicalTrials.gov

invitro study showing some effect (Feb 2021, so predating vaccines and clearly state in their preamble in the absence of a vaccine - this is likely as data would be done before vaccines released and then time taken for publication)

Iota-carrageenan neutralizes SARS-CoV-2 and inhibits viral replication in vitro (plos.org)

It seems to cost between $10 - 15 a bottle (20 mL) I think it is used three times a day, so not sure how long a 20 mL bottle lasts.

Not for long.........

See I think I largely fell into the same group of thought as this until I saw just how many whackos there are who would dispute science and not take a vaccine

When the percentage of pure morons in society made itself clear and was way bigger than I was expecting I think it showed that mandates were the only way to get through it. They should have just mandated it for everyone and ripped the Band-Aid off immediately at the start

I’m keen to know what the justification for mandates and vaccine passports are. (Particularly the draconian rules brought in WA)

Is it

A) the individuals health
B) public health ?

If it’s individual health - then why aren’t we bringing in the same rules for anyone who undertakes high risk activity (obese, high Action sports, drinkers)

If it’s about public health - then it appears in the real world vaccination has almost zero impact on omicron transmission (massively for delta, about 95%). If the answer is because of delta - why are the rules slated “for years” when the likelihood is omicron will have outcompeted delta in a few months anyway

Not to mention cloth masks are little more than facial decorations

We are asked to follow the data/science - yet we are segregating society - treating people as lepers, when there just isn’t justification

* Malone's role in mRNA vaccine technology - he abandoned it at a very early stage and his patents have expired. Many many more people have contributed more to the development of these vaccines than Malone.
* The reasons he was kicked off of Twitter (he promoted an anti-vax group's video which was full of falsehoods),
* Ivermectin's effectiveness (evidence is basically a study in vitro using monkey lung cells, and it's biggest manufacturer Merck says it is ineffective against Covid, and in vitro studies with human cells showed no effect),
* Ivermectin in India: it was used widely before Covid to control parasitic infections (as in Brazil). This didn't stop the initial Covid wave. Lockdowns and vaccination stopped the wave. Brazil had a terrible time with Covid.
* Vaccine safety after Covid infection. There is no evidence, not even bad evidence, that post-infection vaccination is less safe.
* Acquired immunity is better than vaccination. - At a community level there are studies that show both yes and no. Nothing is settled (I thought it was). At a molecular level they look similar.
* And that's just my incomplete summary of the first half of this video. There is much more.

Malone is full of sh*t and Rogan uncritically replays this sh*t to his impressionable audience.

This is Rogan's MO as far as I see it. Bring on people who deny the reality of the world. Cater to an audience that wants its prejudices confirmed, not challenged.

Well he's had Alex Jones on his podcasts several times, at least he laughs at Jones in those ones.

Speaking of Rogan, he just got fact checked and made to look a fool on his own podcast with his claims about Myocarditis in young people happening more with the vaccine

I’m keen to know what the justification for mandates and vaccine passports are. (Particularly the draconian rules brought in WA)

Is it

B) public health ?

If it’s individual health - then why aren’t we bringing in the same rules for anyone who undertakes high risk activity (obese, high Action sports, drinkers)

If it’s about public health - then it appears in the real world vaccination has almost zero impact on omicron transmission (massively for delta, about 95%). If the answer is because of delta - why are the rules slated “for years” when the likelihood is omicron will have outcompeted delta in a few months anyway

We are asked to follow the data/science - yet we are segregating society - treating people as lepers, when there just isn’t justification
It’s public health and it isn’t about transmission it’s about cutting down the cases that present to hospital clogging up the system

The vaccines are still amazingly good at keeping you out of hospital in general but especially out of ICU

Is it

B) public health ?

The vaccines are working against Omicron
1642137147368.png

Is it

B) public health ?

Perhaps think about it a little. Is there a single action that can be measured so those groups can be divided into yes and no?

As for why WA has draconion rules it is because the Premier got re-elected on the back of them in one of the biggest electoral victories of all time. You get what you vote for.

Malone is full of sh*t and Rogan uncritically replays this sh*t to his impressionable audience.

Joe Rogan's main audience is meatheads who believe in bro science. Now he has discovered that if you add anti vax loons to the mix the grift is so much better (like many before him).

Back