What They're Saying - The Bulldogs Media Thread - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this the first mention of it from the club? Very odd that nothing has been said earlier.

Seems like an uncommon injury that probably needed a bit of looking at before announcing anything, so not too surprising. ACL’s etc are usually clear as day

Is this the first mention of it from the club? Very odd that nothing has been said earlier.
Usually with an ACL you’re straight in for scans and surgery asap, considering this doesn’t need surgery and it sounds like it’s just a rest & wait and see for the time being I’m sure the club just said go enjoy your Easter we’ll get scans in the coming days - ie today.

Anyway good news in that it’s not an ACL and he’ll probably play again this year by the sounds of things

Do we know the extent of Garcia's injury? If not, why not?
Less than 24 hours after Sloane hurts his knee we are told he needs a reco. 3 days after Garcia's injury and there's nothing in our media. Please explain!
Cartilage damage for Garcia not sure of the full extent of damage so could be anywhere from 4 weeks to 6 months for recovery. At least it's not another ACL

Seems like an uncommon injury that probably needed a bit of looking at before announcing anything, so not too surprising. ACL’s etc are usually clear as day

Usually with an ACL you’re straight in for scans and surgery asap, considering this doesn’t need surgery and it sounds like it’s just a rest & wait and see for the time being I’m sure the club just said go enjoy your Easter we’ll get scans in the coming days - ie today.

Anyway good news in that it’s not an ACL and he’ll probably play again this year by the sounds of things
I didn’t mean that they should be giving us a timeframe or anything. But as far as I’d seen they hadn’t even acknowledged that he had any injury up until today.

I didn’t mean that they should be giving us a timeframe or anything. But as far as I’d seen they hadn’t even acknowledged that he had any injury up until today.
It was spoken about in Bevo’s press conference. The last 2 days would’ve been completing the scans, interpreting them and deciding the way forward.

But other clubs ….
Bored Sleepy GIF by marcialamarciano

Anyone know if the MRO match review has been released for our game? Curious if Scott's blatant trip on Richards got him fined or not

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And Swans last with -29 over FOUR games (not just against us).

It's on them. They need a free kick coach the way we need a shooting for goal coach.

People whine about free kicks, but consider that playing around the fringes of legality could be a legit tactic; Sure, you get more frees paid against you but you also get away with more shit like illegal holds, contact in marking contests, dodgy tackles, etc...

During their premiership cup years, Richmond was giving away far more free kicks than any other team. Whatever they were doing as a team was very successful, and as a side effect also generating more free kicks than anyone else. Going after the ball and the ball carrier more ferociously? defending more illegally? If I had a guess, Id say both of these.

Smashing the ball carrier with intense tackles is going to result in giving away a few more frees in general, but its also going to have a very positive effect for you when the quality of the oppositions disposal falls away under such pressure. we've all seen it.

Wouldnt have minded seeing us giving away a bunch of free kicks during the last quarter of the grannie when we allowed petracca and oliver to do whatever the hell they wanted to at the centre bounces. Some illegal holding and rough tackles would have have been far preferable to them skipping out of the stoppage and lacing up their forwards.

Last edited:

1650348682131.png

Facebook post 6 mins ago, but link takes you to last week's info, so I'm assuming it's the same time as last week.

Open training at the Kennel​

Across the school holiday period, Western Bulldogs members and fans will have the chance to watch the AFL team train.
Apr 11, 2022, 5:46pm
HERO_110422_Open-Training.jpg

Across the school holiday period, Western Bulldogs members and fans will have the chance to watch the AFL team train.

Sessions on Wednesday 13 April and Wednesday 20 April will be open to the public to attend and watch-on.

The session on 20 April will commence at 9:45am (approx) and run for around an hour in duration.

Unfortunately there will be no autograph signing available at these sessions.

Those wishing to attend these training sessions are asked to enter VU Whitten Oval via Barkers Café.

Members and fans will be able to watch training from the seating in the John Gent Stand in front of the coaches boxes.

To enable social distancing from the perimeter fencing of the ground, members and fans will not be able to access the perimeter walkway around the exterior of the oval during the training session.
The Bulldog Shop and Barkers Café will be open, and memberships will be available for purchase.

*Please note times are approximate at time of publication, and are subject to change.

View attachment 1378062

Facebook post 6 mins ago, but link takes you to last week's info, so I'm assuming it's the same time as last week.​

Open training at the Kennel​

Apr 11, 2022, 5:46pm
HERO_110422_Open-Training.jpg

Sessions on Wednesday 13 April and Wednesday 20 April will be open to the public to attend and watch-on.

The session on 20 April will commence at 9:45am (approx) and run for around an hour in duration.

Unfortunately there will be no autograph signing available at these sessions.

Those wishing to attend these training sessions are asked to enter VU Whitten Oval via Barkers Café.

Members and fans will be able to watch training from the seating in the John Gent Stand in front of the coaches boxes.

To enable social distancing from the perimeter fencing of the ground, members and fans will not be able to access the perimeter walkway around the exterior of the oval during the training session.
The Bulldog Shop and Barkers Café will be open, and memberships will be available for purchase.

*Please note times are approximate at time of publication, and are subject to change.
I'm not sure if it's been updated since but the article you posted makes specific reference to tomorrow with the times. I guess by listing 13 April in the article it could be confusing.

Any idea what this is about? Was posted on reddit a few minutes ago.

yazxfcd1xfu81.jpg
Nope. Probably rather just wait for the statement to be released if this is real then speculate. It could well be a screenshot from 2 years ago when he was actually suspended but until the club says anything (or not) let's just throw some wild accusations around.

If it is real (big if) another leak out of the club (looks like one of the players) will not go down well.

Anyway, I hate this kind of shit. Tom Morris levels.

Last edited:
Nope. Probably rather just wait for the statement to be released if this is real then speculate. It could well be a screenshot from 2 years ago when he was actually suspended but until the club says anything (or not) let's just throw some wild accusations around.

If it is real (big if) another leak out of the club (looks like one of the players) will not go down well.

Anyway, I hate this kind of shit. Tom Morris levels.
Deleted the post, not on reddit any more either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back