Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

So Pickett gets charged with medium impact but Dylan Moore gets straight back up, no injury, no concussion and no free-kick either.
Jack Higgins was concussed by Kolodjashnij with the same action as Pickett, yet the MRO deems it not a reportable offence?
Beyond words!

koli.jpg

Hope the club gets on the front foot and gets him in front of the media but with the jumper and he talks about it and the history etc. Not meaning it will help the case, but just more opportunity for the story to be told. Even if he misses, I'm sure he's going to be very involved on the Saturday night and might even make it more of a family thing for him. (Just getting a positive spin on it!!)

From the high angle it looks like Marlion hit him on the inside of the shoulder and knocked him backwards. Very much difficult to see whether he hit the head at all on either angle. Parallax error in either angle. High angle shows hit to the shoulder, front shows head below top of Marlion's shoulder. So if there was any contact it was after contact to the shoulder/body. Totally inconclusive.

Ask the damn player.

So Pickett gets charged with medium impact but Dylan Moore gets straight back up, no injury, no concussion and no free-kick either.
Jack Higgins was concussed by Kolodjashnij with the same action as Pickett, yet the MRO deems it not a reportable offence?
Beyond words!

View attachment 1401555
kolojackson doesnt wear a yellow sash

Much as though I’ve little time for Shiel, Parker is a complete flog for doing what he did. Worst part was the fact that none of Shiel’s teammates got into Parker. Imagine if that weak act was directed at one of our blokes, he’d be lucky to get off the ground alive imo
We're going to get an emotionally charged Bombers though this week, so expect them to bring some fight after this they'll be revved up.

That's what I'm looking at, there is no bias, first impact shoulder to shoulder, feet planted on the ground. Upon impact, Moore's body dips and his shoulder blade gets him on side of his face. This is low impact. Hardly careless when the sole intention is to lay a shepherd for your teammate.

The Player Moore gets up and plays on. No concussion. We have been taught to lay a shepherd to protect our teammate going for the ball.

View attachment 1401483
I'm not convinced that marlon shoulder is contacting Moore's head just like is baker head butting marlon in the guts

I'm yet to see vision beyond that grainy, low quality, slow motion twitter video where I can't really make a judgement.

The only thing is though, unfortunately the AFL has killed the bump. The net gain you might get by bumping is completely destroyed by the pretty high chance you will be looked at by the MRO.

It's just not worth it, it's a poor decision to bump.

Mind you, it's the AFL who has made it that way, but they make the rules, not that I agree with them.

Side note to the Pickett Bump

If you get hit in the head, that hard from his shoulder like they are saying. Surely the Hawks player grabs his head, or touches his face or SOMETHING to indicant his head got it. People heard it from 100m away, he clearly got winded, but never touched his face at any moment.

Seems odd.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They ream us anyway

Yep.

Our game plan is 100% based on receiving 0 free kicks. You can tell they have changed how we do things.

We had a total of 5 to half time last week.

A total of 13 for the entire game, with about 5 of those coming when the game was over.

75 tackles for Richmond and a total of 13 free kicks. Let's say half of those were ruck, marking infringements. That means just under 10% of our tackles get rewarded.

Tackles5475
Tackles Inside 50817

Side note to the Pickett Bump

If you get hit in the head, that hard from his shoulder like they are saying. Surely the Hawks player grabs his head, or touches his face or SOMETHING to indicant his head got it. People heard it from 100m away, he clearly got winded, but never touched his face at any moment.

Seems odd.

Exactly!

This is good. Trying to work out how to slow it a little, lol.
Press the "leftarrow+separate line" button while it's playing to slow it down to as much as 0.125x (8x slower), or press "pause" and then "left/right arrow + joined line at tip" to advance forward/back frame by frame.

Dylan Moore
92% time on ground
more than 39 of the other players in the game.
the 5 that had more were all big KPP
frost, sicily, biggie, lewis, lynch

We're going to get an emotionally charged Bombers though this week, so expect them to bring some fight after this they'll be revved up.
For what 5 minutes of the first qtr, emotionally charged teams always lose. Richmond back in the crap days used to turn up after a week of media bashing breathing fire, kick the first 2 goals and then lose by 60.

For what 5 minutes of the first qtr, emotionally charged teams always lose. Richmond back in the crap days used to turn up after a week of media bashing breathing fire, kick the first 2 goals and then lose by 60.
That’s it, they will come out breathing fire just got to try and absorb it and hopefully kick the first 2 or so goals

Dylan Moore
92% time on ground
more than 39 of the other players in the game.
the 5 that had more were all big KPP
frost, sicily, biggie, lewis, lynch

I saw that stat. SO he couldn't have been put thru the concussion protocols...that would have used up more time than he had off the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back