Star Wars Obi-Wan Kenobi (2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

From what I remember, Leia knows he's a Jedi, but she doesn't know who he is as I don't recall Obe ever telling her his name. He introduced himself as a friend of her father. If they keep that approach, and young Leia never knows who he really is, it keeps canon intact.
Thanks for a sensible reply, as usual BNF

Even if Leia knowing Obi-Wan throws that line off, which I don't think it does and all of your explanations for it sound logical to me, you know what Leia having a significant interaction with Kenobi in her life does help? The logic of her son being called Ben, a choice that until now was pretty weird because she didn't seem to have much to do with Kenobi previously. Now it makes much more sense.

Good show ruined by the Reva character.

The Grand Inquisitor was actually a decent character but they Snoked him.
I have to agree, enjoyed the first two eps, but found her Reva annoying, but did like she was working for Vader

I assume Obi-wans powers have reduced as he would have been trying to hide his force presence?

I have to agree, enjoyed the first two eps, but found her Reva annoying, but did like she was working for Vader

I assume Obi-wans powers have reduced as he would have been trying to hide his force presence?
Yeah I felt that when he saved Leia that was the first time in 10 years he has used the force

Hope fans aren’t abusing Moses Ingram (Reva) on social media.

You can disagree with the character or writing but do not abuse the actors/actresses. those fans that do bully actors on social media are embarrassing and should be ashamed

I would talk s**t toward a person if they behave like a twat toward fans, ala Rian Johnson, but yes otherwise it's just people doing their job.

Some of the things copped by recent actors and actresses have been disgraceful, and truly counter productive to drawing attention to bad writing and direction, when much of it can just be dismissed with racism and misogynistic behaviour rather than critical thoughts.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Didn’t realise the toy space ship that obi brought for Luke is the one you see him play with in a new hope

Cool little easter egg
Amusing scene that with the Jawa

Silicone Valley …I lold as soon as he was on screen

And Flea from Peppers yeh! 😂

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Amusing scene that with the Jawa

Silicone Valley …I lold as soon as he was on screen

And Flea from Peppers yeh! 😂

“Want to buy some soap I can smell you from Anchorhead” 🤣

Then at the end “you still stink” 😂

Now that’s what you call Star Wars humour that Jawa was hilarious

What a cracking start to the show. This is the sort of show I wanted. A dynamic plot, rich set of characters, and an ensemble cast. It's named Obi-Wan Kenobi but he isn't in every scene, we get depth from the villains, depth to the supporting cast, and it really shows. Fantastic two eps. I can forgive the uses of Obi-Wan that he claimed he hadn't heard since before Luke was born. :p

Didn’t realise the toy space ship that obi brought for Luke is the one you see him play with in a new hope

Cool little easter egg

Yeah! Watched ANH the other day and that was my first thought when Obi-Wan was getting the parts. How cool.

I could have sworn Kenobi knew Anakin had taken on the name Vader, so surely would have found out before that. In the EU he saw a holonet report only a few weeks/months after ROTS which seems much more likely.

Good show ruined by the Reva character.

The Grand Inquisitor was actually a decent character but they Snoked him.

Think she's great. What's the issue with her?

What a cracking start to the show. This is the sort of show I wanted. A dynamic plot, rich set of characters, and an ensemble cast. It's named Obi-Wan Kenobi but he isn't in every scene, we get depth from the villains, depth to the supporting cast, and it really shows. Fantastic two eps. I can forgive the uses of Obi-Wan that he claimed he hadn't heard since before Luke was born. :p

It’s what I always wanted an obi wan tv show/movie to be since ROTS

It’s doing a fantastic job of connecting ROTS and New Hope imo

Think she's great. What's the issue with her?

The main gripes I see from fans is that she’s too much of a lose canon and the show will end up being about her with Obi getting pushed the side

I don’t think it will head that way but it wouldn’t surprise me either

Happend with Book of Boba Fett

A show about Bobba Fett but in the end he got pushed to the side for Mando

The main gripes I see from fans is that she’s too much of a lose canon and the show will end up being about her with Obi getting pushed the side

That was entirely different though. I think she's just being set up as the main adversary that's all.

I hope there is no racist/racial motivated agenda against her character like there was unfortunately to some of the non Caucasian characters in the Sequel Trilogy (Rose and Finn being prime victims of this bigotry)

That is the only reason sadly I can think of really why anyone would hate on the character, she is both written and performed wonderfully by Moses Ingram.
Or internal misogyny by unwashed fanboys (Doctor Who fandom has experienced the same issues with the casting of the current and future Doctor)

Some fans feel threatened by a serious female villain/protagonist.

I have been wanting a serious big time Star Wars female villain (preferably a Sith Lord) for a few years now.

George Lucas missed a golden opportunity with Aurra Sing in the Prequel Trilogy, she could have been as good, if not better then Boba Fett if she had been given a prominent role in those movies (yeah I know she has in the expanded universe, esp the comics and Clone Wars series etc, but its not the same)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back