Autopsy Round 15, 2022: Sydney v St.Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Look at his resume. He’s from champion data. He’s not a coach and has a big say on both list and match day. He was at the Hawks with Ratts but other than that he’s not got much to sell him. It’s like making your failed assistant coach head recruiter again. Get the best not an experiment.
Well we were 8-3 not long ago was he responsible for that or only the losses?

Let us all remember last week when Tim Membrey fronted supporters post game to let them know how embarrassed the boys were, to Ratts and the coaches apparently grilling them during the week, to Dougal Howard taking phone calls from upset supporters.

They can't play that card again this week, surely.

We have a real problem as a football club of getting ahead of ourselves. I'm not even talking about the football department, just the club in general. Whenever we even remotely look like being a decent side the club goes over the top with their reaction to it. Jumping on radio to pump us up, filming inside the rooms pre and post game to give people inside access.

I do enjoy the videos but two things - in my opinion those moments pre and post game should be strictly between the coach and his players. It irks me a little bit that Ratts has allowed his messages to the players to be beamed across all social media and club website.

Two, where are those videos now? We did one post Brisbane, but didn't against Essendon and doubt we do it this week aswell. Seems like they decide to roll these initiatives out but go against it if the loss is too embarrassing. If you're going to give us inside access when we do alright what about when we don't?

And again we revert back to talking too much when things go south. We don't need Membrey to get on the microphone and address us. We don't need Howard apologising to supporters all week. It's simple, St.Kilda. Placate supporters by winning games of football. That's your job.

If Ratts can’t get this side up to play H&A games he isn’t getting us to a GF.

It's his 3rd year, realistic expectations yeah?

1st year - GTFO "we learned how to be a team"
2nd year - No wait, come back "we learned how to have discussions"
This year - half way drop.

That is cattle, the cop out is "oh it's the coach, it's the assistants, it's the services, it's the vibe man" as you see Ross running, you see Crouch trying to exceed what he can do, you see Battle and Wilkie largely middling and you see others just being laconic, or consistently doing something they shouldn't be, or running on spot, like say Billings who just goes through motions randomly.

You then like Gresh as point of difference and he tries, same with Long despite the skill disparity between the two but then you hate Jones because much like Billings, just going through the motions. And I laugh, really I do, when people state he's not durable but then want to keep Hunter and Coff, as same time in the system Jones literally shits on them in all things, whilst the other two can rarely get on the park.

5 years and 50 games HYPE! Or 60 for Hunter, gotta love that availability average for 33% of a season and crashing hard as that's bordering Geary's level as he's 44 from last 4 or 64 from 5.

So you bring Highmore in and stick him in VFL, so you've a gop in him, gop in Coff, gop in Hunter, vet in Geary, Hanners just not making the team at all really, you stop gap with Byrnes, and try Windy, Owens and NWM in 1st year to point of difference that midfield and second half of season crash and burn.

No s**t, really? Half a rotation get tired and you get a downturn, blame the coach!

I hate this post, and this reply, but seriously, I had no expectations for this year, good enough for 4th but metric s**t tonne has to occur and it didn't, this isn't a Richi smile at the camera and how pleased he was to see effort situation, this is 1 year to get team, 1 year to get skilled team, 1 year to push and then tinker. That is this off season, and I see a Coff and Clark type getting ousted for picks.

Can average 10 games a season elsewhere.

We still happy to give Zak Jones another contract..?

At least he showed a bit of fight

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Let us all remember last week when Tim Membrey fronted supporters post game to let them know how embarrassed the boys were, to Ratts and the coaches apparently grilling them during the week, to Dougal Howard taking phone calls from upset supporters.

They can't play that card again this week, surely.

We have a real problem as a football club of getting ahead of ourselves. I'm not even talking about the football department, just the club in general. Whenever we even remotely look like being a decent side the club goes over the top with their reaction to it. Jumping on radio to pump us up, filming inside the rooms pre and post game to give people inside access.

I do enjoy the videos but two things - in my opinion those moments pre and post game should be strictly between the coach and his players. It irks me a little bit that Ratts has allowed his messages to the players to be beamed across all social media and club website.

Two, where are those videos now? We did one post Brisbane, but didn't against Essendon and doubt we do it this week aswell. Seems like they decide to roll these initiatives out but go against it if the loss is too embarrassing. If you're going to give us inside access when we do alright what about when we don't?

And again we revert back to talking too much when things go south. We don't need Membrey to get on the microphone and address us. We don't need Howard apologising to supporters all week. It's simple, St.Kilda. Placate supporters by winning games of football. That's your job.
Get what your saying, but that would be too cruel to have media coverage of the rooms post game yesterday as much as I'm frustrated about the loss. They would hate losing like that and love the uncut media they've rolled out this year

In the history of the game coaches have not tolerated players who throw in the towel on an AFL field, selection is going to be interesting this week on this non negotiable alone, I'd be surprised if Kingy isn't dropped this week. And obviously Sharman probably won't play at the AFL level for a while so it could mean we have the shortest forward line with Higgins being our FF.

Get what your saying, but that would be too cruel to have media coverage of the rooms post game yesterday as much as I'm frustrated about the loss. They would hate losing like that and love the uncut media they've rolled out this year
I understand that but my point was more around them picking and choosing. If we are going to go all out whenever seem to be doing alright then we should be doing the same for when that's not the case. In general I like the videos but who doesn't like all-access content. It does however still annoy me that this has been approved by the coaches. It's not parts of the speech that are tactical or anything but even still, I would assume pre and post game are for the football department only. That should be a somewhat sacred area of the club.

I guess I was trying to use this as an example of the broader point I was making that we go over the top with any kind of success. One thing I absolutely wish for is that they'd just stop talking. Stop apologising for bad performance. Nobody cares, all we want to see is it rectified on-field. Win the next game, win more than you lose. That's all that matters. It's borderline embarrassing to see players calling supporters to apologise and players addressing supporters about how embarrassing a performance was. I laughed at it when I saw and heard about it last week. The response comes from how we respond the following week, and using the last two weeks as an example they said they were embarrassed and got drilled during the week but it obviously meant little to them as they came out and were demolished again. Actions speak louder than words has never been more true than it is here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In the history of the game coaches have not tolerated players who throw in the towel on an AFL field, selection is going to be interesting this week on this non negotiable alone, I'd be surprised if Kingy isn't dropped this week. And obviously Sharman probably won't play at the AFL level for a while so it could mean we have the shortest forward line with Higgins being our FF.
Not King's fault at all, have a look at the entry last night. Deplorable. Every time we held it up outside 50 you just knew a bomb was coming. I just shook my head every time and I knew by the second quarter it wasn't working and never was going to work. I saw Long heave one into the 50, a ball that would've hit the roof at Marvel, later on in the game and it got me legitimately laughing.

No forward in the competition can produce when that is the kind of junk being given to them.

Yes well sorry to say but we had a SPUD game and a Pride day, both with lots of emotion and ******* s*t footy. So I am bound to agree with you. Maybe we get back to playing footy and direct the emotions to the aggression of ****** slaughtering the opposition!
can anyone explain why the pride of pride round didn't derail the swans? They seemed to not get overwhelmed by the spectacle and emotion of the event and played their game as if nothing was different yet having a special event on seems to have completely changed our club from a premiership contender to wooden spooners.

Keep an eye out for the AFL trying to screw us over. Next year if they really hate us they should give us all the marquee games like Anzac Day, Dreamtime, Opening Round and see us go winless.

Battle was good again, kept McDonald goalless.
Wilkie kept Buddy quite after he went onto him.
Howard needs to be phased out asap, pick up a young Key defender in the draft and fudge off Howard.
Webster wasn't bad. Paton needs a spell.
Was Membrey playing last night?
Saw a lot of Sharman but barely any Membrey. Why do we keep playing him when he clearly is having troubles.

Well we were 8-3 not long ago was he responsible for that or only the losses?

Alright someone has got the painters in over the loss and wants a fight to deal with their emotions. Go have it with someone else.

Not King's fault at all, have a look at the entry last night. Deplorable. Every time we held it up outside 50 you just knew a bomb was coming. I just shook my head every time and I knew by the second quarter it wasn't working and never was going to work. I saw Long heave one into the 50, a ball that would've hit the roof at Marvel, later on in the game and it got me legitimately laughing.

No forward in the competition can produce when that is the kind of junk being given to them.
so is that an excuse to for any player at anytime to give up mid contest, walk around with your shoulders dragging on the ground, turn your back on the play, and not only turn your back on the play, but doing it when the ball is within very close proximity. Yes there are significant issues with the mechanism into F50 but it has never been tolerated in the history of the game to give up during a contest and when the ball is in dispute. I think he has to play at Sandy next week if Ratts is consistent.

so is that an excuse to for any player at anytime to give up mid contest, walk around with your shoulders dragging on the ground, turn your back on the play, and not only turn your back on the play, but doing it when the ball is within very close proximity. Yes there are significant issues with the mechanism into F50 but it has never been tolerated in the history of the game to give up during a contest and when the ball is in dispute. I think he has to play at Sandy next week if Ratts is consistent.
Our best forward (and only hope to winning games some weeks) is not getting dropped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back