Past #15: Daniel Howe - #31 in '14 ND to HFC - delisted end '22 - #33 in '23 RD to NM -retires from AFL & NM end '23 - 107 AFL games / 11 NM games

Remove this Banner Ad

I’ve seen him play plenty. The reasons I mentioned were the reasons why he was delisted. Speaking of his delisting he was just delisted by a club that has even less experience and less leadership than us. Obviously not that good.
I’m with ya
He offers nothing we don’t already have

A waste of a pick, delisted by hawks and not surprised no club was interested in him

Give me a developing KPF over this

I’ve seen him play plenty. The reasons I mentioned were the reasons why he was delisted. Speaking of his delisting he was just delisted by a club that has even less experience and less leadership than us. Obviously not that good.
Players can be better or worse under certain coaches. The context matters.

Howe under Mitchell might be awkward for Mitchell. He wants his own team and to create his own leaders of that group.

Howe under Clarko is completely different.

Dan's career started off well, decent kick, saving marks and can find the footy.

Injuries seemed to create doubt, his career stalling and known for Deer in head lights freezing and the turn over king.

If he can find his fitness and confidence this could be a win, win for Daniel and the Roo's.

Will never a super star, how ever a very handy play your role player if he finds his confidence and form.

Coach Mitchell's "Got the need, the need for Reid.."
Tanking? Seriouly we the Hawks have had the equal worst mid field in the AFL for the last 5 years.

Change was needed, an we have a nice young mid field group which i will not name out of respect as were on the Roo's page. But the tanking claims had to be addressed.

Howe in your Roo's midfield may bring the best out in him.

Tanking? Seriouly we the Hawks have had the equal worst mid field in the AFL for the last 5 years.

Change was needed, an we have a nice young mid field group which i will not name out of respect as were on the Roo's page. But the tanking claims had to be addressed.

Nah you're tanking Capt'n..

I get it though, Harley is a generational talent and you can build your next tilt around him.

Good luck to ya's!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah you're tanking Capt'n..

I get it though, Harley is a generational talent and you can build your next tilt around him.

Good luck to ya's!
We won a 3 peat 8 years ago, id hardly say thats tanking. Clarko gave away our early picks and over paid for players like O'meara and Wingard.

Sheils and Howe were never going to be a part of our next premiership. Were being realistic and IF we were tanking we would of traded out Sicily, Scrimshaw, Day and Lewis.

Dan's career started off well, decent kick, saving marks and can find the footy.

Injuries seemed to create doubt, his career stalling and known for Deer in head lights freezing and the turn over king.

If he can find his fitness and confidence this could be a win, win for Daniel and the Roo's.

Will never a super star, how ever a very handy play your role player if he finds his confidence and form.
Sounds a lot like 200 gamer Shaun Atley.

We won a 3 peat 8 years ago, id hardly say thats tanking. Clarko gave away our early picks and over paid for players like O'meara and Wingard.

Sheils and Howe were never going to be a part of our next premiership. Were being realistic and IF we were tanking we would of traded out Sicily, Scrimshaw, Day and Lewis.
200.gif

It’s great to be debating the merits of a player who looks like he would have been a walk up start on our senior list over the past 5 years about whether we’ll just slot him in the VFL to add to our depth and potential there or pop him in the seniors to support the development of our young guys. Slice and dice whichever way you want but it’s been a long time since we've had the opportunity to talk like this. 😀

You don't rate Mitchell, Wingard and Jaeger? Overpaid for them? I'm guessing you do rate Worpel? But worst midfield in the last 5 years a bit of a stretch....in 2023, yeah probably although Amon a nice pick up.

You don't rate Mitchell, Wingard and Jaeger? Overpaid for them? I'm guessing you do rate Worpel? But worst midfield in the last 5 years a bit of a stretch....in 2023, yeah probably although Amon a nice pick up.
I guess your right, all those Hawk finals over the last 5 years slipped my mind.

A Big Bang sheldon sign for you just in case you missed it #sarcasm

As individua they are fine players, as a team this midfield simply did not work.

An yeah i am a James Worpel fan, an he would be the first to admitt he has work too.

Silly me thought youd much rather discuss your Roo's and all your early draft pick. Let's hope young Phillips finds the footy field in 2023, you can send him our way if you can not fit him in.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back