Autopsy AFL 2023 Round 4 - Lions v Pies Thurs April 6th 7:35pm AEST (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 21 26.9%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 28 35.9%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 8 10.3%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 13 16.7%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 1.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought a few times Collingwood looked like they were out but just tried one handpass too many and either got tackled or missed the target etc., we got a lot of goals on turnover. We were also a bit lucky that their kicking wasn't accurate. Having no ruckman definitely had an impact as the game wore on Big O with 11 clearances.
Totally agree Carter, the boys were very fumbly last night. Credit to your boys as they pressed up and hunted in numbers and really forced the turnover, Cameron and Rayner licking there lips on the turnover.

I said greatest talent out of the draft in 20 years.

What am I supposed to base it on? You do know the meaning of talent don’t you?

Why is it a bold prediction? He’s first season according to most pundits including the greatest of all time Leigh Matthews was the best they have seen or could remember and after 4 games this season is favourite for the Brownlow?

That sir is a talent.
Let's see how he goes when he has to be accountable for another player.
Currently playing ,( as most pundits would have it , the easist position on the field ) at half back flank.
By the way , Sam walsh finished with 30 brownlow votes in his 3rd year playing in games 40 through to 61.
Let's see how your man stacks up if you want to talk about brownlow votes

Let's see how he goes when he has to be accountable for another player.
Currently playing ,( as most pundits would have it , the easist position on the field ) at half back flank.
By the way , Sam walsh finished with 30 brownlow votes in his 3rd year playing in games 40 through to 61.
Let's see how your man stacks up if you want to talk about brownlow votes
And there it is.

I was surprised it took you 4 to 5 posts to mention Sam Walsh

He does play like ablett junior, in the way he gets his possessions. Junior was the king of the 1-2, and running around the back of a teammate for a handball. Coll like it in his hands because like junior he uses it well. is an absolute must for super coach teams in the way he just racks it up. A lot of cheap stats. Super coach captain !!

Daicos has 11 career brownlow votes. I'm not sure what you want me to say .
Good player - enjoy.
Yes Daicos polled 11 votes in hes first season, You mentioned Walsh as a comparison who polled 6 and 8 respectively in hes first 2 seasons for a total of 14

Now I’m not the umpires voting but I think it’s safe to say Daicos would already have a minimum 8-9 votes this season in 4 games.

Not a good player, great player. And don’t worry I will enjoy 😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes Daicos polled 11 votes in hes first season, You mentioned Walsh as a comparison who polled 6 and 8 respectively in hes first 2 seasons for a total of 14

Now I’m not the umpires voting but I think it’s safe to say Daicos would already have a minimum 8-9 votes this season in 4 games.

Not a good player, great player. And don’t worry I will enjoy 😉

Yeah , Sam walsh played in a carlton team who barely won a game and played in the midfield first 30 games.
Nick daicos from game 1 plays in a successful side and off half back.

A fairly inconsistent player tbh. Flicks between a wing role and then into the middle every few weeks. Shoulders are a mess, so it seems this is the plan to manage him.
Thought he played the wing well tonight, had the better of sidbottom

He does play like ablett junior, in the way he gets his possessions. Junior was the king of the 1-2, and running around the back of a teammate for a handball. Coll like it in his hands because like junior he uses it well. is an absolute must for super coach teams in the way he just racks it up. A lot of cheap stats. Super coach captain !!
Couldn't agree more

Predicted scores were not that far off the final score. The difference in the goal accuracy was predominantly a function of what sort of shots were generated by each side.

The way Collingwood plays allows themselves to be beaten behind the last man which leads to easy shots at goal which is a big part of why Brisbane kicked so accurately with so many shots inside 25. Watching the game, I didn't think Brisbane had one of those "can't miss a shot" games.

Will be interesting to see if/how Fly changes things up to counter teams that pushes up on the handball chains like Brisbane did to sweat on any turnovers. The dew that happens in Brisbane during night games wouldn't have helped their handball game either.

I thought a few times Collingwood looked like they were out but just tried one handpass too many and either got tackled or missed the target etc., we got a lot of goals on turnover. We were also a bit lucky that their kicking wasn't accurate. Having no ruckman definitely had an impact as the game wore on Big O with 11 clearances.
Think we got carried away early with trying to knock the ball on and use it by hand. We were trying to be to cute and that hurt up.

Frampton should have rucked, 9 years in the AFL only went back last year before that played as a ruckman. The times you got on top in the middle the dominance the big O allowed you made you really dynamic and devastating out of there.

Look we shot ourselves in the foot a bit but you were still the deserving winner

Predicted scores were not that far off the final score. The difference in the goal accuracy was predominantly a function of what sort of shots were generated by each side.

The way Collingwood plays allows themselves to be beaten behind the last man which leads to easy shots at goal which is a big part of why Brisbane kicked so accurately with so many shots inside 25. Watching the game, I didn't think Brisbane had one of those "can't miss a shot" games.

Will be interesting to see if/how Fly changes things up to counter teams that pushes up on the handball chains like Brisbane did to sweat on any turnovers. The dew that happens in Brisbane during night games wouldn't have helped their handball game either.

Lol that’s a load of s**t that. We had a heap miss from right in front. Daicos and Elliott for example

Frampton should have rucked, 9 years in the AFL only went back last year before that played as a ruckman. The times you got on top in the middle the dominance the big O allowed you made you really dynamic and devastating out of there.

Yeah I agree. Collingwood come up against better ruckman than Oscar in the next three weeks too. Marshall, TDK/Pittonet and RO'B are tough match ups.

Not convinced you'd lose a lot taking Frampton out of the backline against a side like the Saints either.

Back