Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 3 - Lions v Pies Thurs March 28th 7:30pm AEDT (Gabba)

Who will win and by how much?

• Lions by a goal or less

Votes: 4 4.8%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Lions by 7 - 20

Votes: 34 40.5%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 14 16.7%
  • Lions by a lot

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 8 9.5%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Toffee Lion - you are being somewhat ridiculous. Just saying. As I said earlier in this thread, the Roos will play you back into form next week. Let’s reconvene then 😜
I am confused. Is it really that ridiculous to suggest an 0-3 team is very unlikely to win the flag?

The same team that also has key injuries across the board, out of form and a coach who is nearing on 65? If I'm ridiculous than lock me up and throw away the key.

Don’t forget the granny. Lions should have won but umps got us over the line.

Even our 80 point win on the Gold Coast was thanks to the men in green
nah you wanted it more again for GF
Although you have to be totally one eyed if you did not think GWS could not buy a free in the last 5 mins of the Prelim

nah you wanted it more again for GF
Although you have to be totally one eyed if you did not think GWS could not buy a free in the last 5 mins of the Prelim
Some dubious calls went our way. Numerous dubious calls have gone against us in close finals over the years and we’ve been told to suck it, so you’d have to forgive Pies fans for not really caring.

Would love to hear some elaborations on those other games btw. One of those Crows games is infamous for the all time horrid calls that went against Collingwood. The Geelong game included two Jeremy Cameron goals kicked from out of bounds. The Saints and Port games had nothing controversial.

Pies wanted it more
Although how many games do the Pies get the rub of the green in the last Quarter.

I think they won like 6 games with help from the umps last year.
GWS robbed in finals
Crows twice, Port, Cats and Saints
Just a sec mainly interstate teams screwed over
That is ok.. it is the VFL
I think maybe you may want to have another look at the game in Adelaide against the crows.

Please dont let your disappointment get in the way of the truth.

Don’t forget the granny. Lions should have won but umps got us over the line.

Even our 80 point win on the Gold Coast was thanks to the men in green
That’s true. Even that 4th quarter against Adel last year was a disgrace. Murphy head butting the crows’ player fist and likewise Johnson in the goal square yet no free kick to the crows.

Just good to sing country roads again when the Time Sniper kicked his goal.

Shame that Schulz didn't play tonight, would have liked to see how the prize recruit fits into the Collingwood side.

The game Murph was smashed in the face...no free
Johnson tacked over the shoulder running into goal..no free
And de Goey penalised for deliberate as he kicked the ball away from Murphy being helped off the ground by the trainers with a bloody nose

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pies were cleaner with the ball and were fitter and deserved to win but FMD they got a couch ride and a half by the colour blind officials. And I was in one of the corporate boxes.

Great atmosphere though. Blues and Pies fans turned out in numbers for the first two Gabbs games. Behaviour excellent. Congrats Pies. Lions need to rearrange the magnets, drop a few and get fit

Last edited:
Lions get their revenge on Carlton by devaluing our epic comeback win at the Gabbatoir - I bet they did it on purpose!

On the flipside the Pies made our win against them last week look even better.

We beat them at their home ground while Brisbane couldn't even beat them at the Gabbatoir.

Pies wanted it more
Although how many games do the Pies get the rub of the green in the last Quarter.

GWS robbed in finals
Here here. Everyone went on about how likable Fly's Pies were, and it turned me off them even more. I disliked the Pies since the Eddie era (was indifferent before), but I've never hated a side more than 2023 Collingwood, maybe with Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong sides close. Yeah with the help of the green. I'll never acknowledge the 2023 as a fairly won flag (cue Pies fans bringing up 2018), just a sign of how corrupt the AFL has become.

Here here. Everyone went on about how likable Fly's Pies were, and it turned me off them even more. I disliked the Pies since the Eddie era (was indifferent before), but I've never hated a side more than 2023 Collingwood, maybe with Hawthorn, Sydney, Geelong sides close. Yeah with the help of the green. I'll never acknowledge the 2023 as a fairly won flag (cue Pies fans bringing up 2018), just a sign of how corrupt the AFL has become.
We will all throw out our premiership memorabilia and delete sentimental memories because Perthboy86 doesn't rate it

Pies wanted it more

GWS robbed in finals

Like a boxer toying with another boxer until the final line delivering the ultimate knock out blow!

Back