Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Saints v Pies Thurs March 21st 7:30pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

For those that don’t often watch Saints games, Leigh Fisher often fists St Kilda with his decisions - almost as if he is over compensating for any potentially perceived bias.

On many occasions he has double-fisted St Kilda. And I’m not talking interlocking hands making the double-fist, but 2 separate and fully formed fists adjacent to one another. A far greater circumference.

Thats fair i reckon he would have that "bias" aspect running through his head everytime he umpires a Saints game.

Pies are still on honeymoon but at the same time their game has proven to be unsustainable. Never truly dominated games even last year and were extremely lucky to walk away with a premiership. No one can take that away from them though. The stars aligned and they were able to grind one out in a very even season. Found themselves on top of the mountain but are now well and truly, and very quickly, being piffed off it.

Beyond the aging best 22, they are concerningly slim.
Yet while Carlton and Essendon have floundered with 25-30 year droughts, they keep hanging around near the top like Geelong, Sydney, us..if we're to be at the bottom for an extended period hope they're there too.

For those that don’t often watch Saints games, Leigh Fisher often fists St Kilda with his decisions - almost as if he is over compensating for any potentially perceived bias.

On many occasions he has double-fisted St Kilda. And I’m not talking interlocking hands making the double-fist, but 2 separate and fully formed fists adjacent to one another. A far greater circumference.
I'm sure that's true but why even put him out there?

Yet while Carlton and Essendon have floundered with 25-30 year droughts, they keep hanging around near the top like Geelong, Sydney, us..if we're to be at the bottom for an extended period hope they're there too.
Carlton and essendon just had insipid management from top to bottom. The latter, including dogs of 2016 prove you can flip a list and fortunes on its head in the matter of a couple of years. Usually once you find success it is more sustained tho, pies will be in a position where those important management decisions need to be made already and again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Windhager has had a huge night
Going to be a serious player. Reminds me so much of a young Selwood. Hard as a cats head, explosive lateral movement, speed.

Shut Daicos out early then looked like they set him free and he’s ended up with 16 contested possessions, 7 clearances, 6 centre clearances, 6 tackles and 24 possessions (@75% efficiency).

Just love watching him go about it.

Saints should be shattered they didn't turn this game into a percentage booster
We absolutely gifted them a handful of goals with shocking turnovers or sloppy lapses in concentration.

They’re alarmingly off the pace atm.

5-6 from their last 11 games with a percentage of about 90 in that time. Somehow managed to jag a flag in the middle of it though so winners are grinners.

Back